Thread: My introduction.

Bass Man

My introduction.

Well, I've waited quite a while, but I guess I will contribute to this section as well...

I spent the last 3 years at Realmofexcursion.com way before I had a 3g.

I worked 3 months at Car Tunes of Grants Pass, installing mostly complete systems and designing/building custom enclosures.

If anyone needs a design, shoot me a PM and I can design you; Sealed, Ported (CRX-Type, Transmission line, and regular), 4th and 6th order bandpass for your car, just as important as your equipment.

My equipment:
    Pioneer DEH-5900IB head unit
    Pioneer 3way 6 1/2's in the front(close to 3 years old and still out-performing most)
    Kenwood 2 ways 6 1/2's in the back (came with the car in the front)

Hifonics BX1000D... Monoblock D class. Measured it at 912watts RMS at 1 ohm.
    2 12" Mass Destruction Sidewinders... This is the first time you've heard of them, and the last time. They are increadibly sensitive and very loud for only 250watts RMS. I custom built a 4cu.ft. box tuned to 32hz that BARELY fit in my trunk, but it slams... I've heard 150+db setups and this isn't quite there, but I can say it violently shakes you.

I love my amp because I can play it full blast with the stock alternator, and it doesn't dim my headlights...
    Last edited by Bass Man; 04-09-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: My introduction.

screen name verified !!!
    sounds sique. I like my music loud and appreciate heavy hitting bass...BUT I think ultimately when you approach 150db that is strictley for competition use and not music enjoyment. Which, by all means is cool and I would hook up such a system to my car only as a kicker to help it in car shows. Other than that I like to keep my eyeballs in my skull, lol
    That has to be one of the coolest jobs to have!
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 04-10-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i

on q how would you ship the box after you build it

took a whole year but i got the 100th post
    yet only took a month to get the 200th
    Dec. 05-Dec. 06
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest89sei
    CAH pops rice-a-roni in his pants!

Bass Man

I build them for the locals, but I design them for cross country...

I usually keep it down unless there is a cool song I want to bump, then I crank that Bass remote up and shake stuff...
    I usually play metal/alternative music unless I am demoing.

Did you think I fish for bass??

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

no man, your sig cleared that up.. lol]

eeeks egadds. I went by the sammy house today and it was GONE, I just stopped and looked at it Sunday and noticed the tag was 06 so it was not being used for sure, I was going to knock on the door sometime this week to ask.
    Is is feesable to say you could crack brick walls, chimneys, and sheet rock with a lot of pressure from bass. I know you can bust plate glass windows.

Bass Man

For bass to acually crack brick walls, you would need to hit 170db's at around 30hz. My goal is to hit my highest db at a very low note... Anyone can reach 150dbs with a couple 12's and 500 watts, but that setup isn't going to sound the least bit "good" as it is a one note wonder... Mine is currenty hitting around 145dbs at 35hz... Ask anyone who is big into audio, and they will tell you that is a hard task to accomplish...

As for flat pane windows:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoH0e3_TjKY

That is Steve meade, the King of Street Beat. In the video, he was running 16,000 wattsRMS! of Fosgate power, and 4 18" Resonant Engineering MT's in a box he built for the Tahoe, and as you can see, the windows flex, but if this guy can't do it, I don't know who can...

On a side note, Pipo Sanchas(SP?) Broke the windshield in his pickup with about 50,000watts and 8 Sound Stream subs...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTjx1...eature=related