Thread: #2 and #25 on the Distributor

LX User

#2 and #25 on the Distributor

Intake manifold vacuum is currently hooked up to #25. 26º Timing @ 750rpm. I've had nothing hooked up to #2 on the distributor for some time now, with no pinging or anything.

Just broke out the timing light - having manifold vacuum @ #25 seems to advance more than having #2 on manifold vacuum.

I've search and searched, but this site is a royal PITA to navigate. Seriously, why can't the search feature just give me a listing of thread titles, instead of tons of posts, with little 'here's the beginning of what was said'

Searching for Weber How-to came up with nothing useful. Even searching the How-to forum for just weber comes back with nil. Just ranting at this point, sorry!

Anyway, which vacuum port on the distributor is supposed to be running full intake vacuum?

Has anyone ever split open one of these diaphragms, to see how the hell they work?

LX User

Re: #2 and #25 on the Distributor

#2, according to the Honda shop manual, is the full time vacuum. #25 is a cold idle startup, and is closed once the engine is fully warmed up anyway, via thermocouple B

Which of these is thermocouple B? The black one by the thermostat? The blue one on the intake manifold?

Also, had the timing set to 26º with the vacuum hooked up full time to #25. Now have timing @ 24º with NO vacuum hooked up, and hooked up the full time vacuum to port #2 on the distributor.

Once I figure out which of these is Thermocouple B, I'll hook that back to #25, and proceed to lean the mixture out more at idle.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX 5spd

Was the car warm or cold when checking vaccum advance? When warm one has vaccum at the hose and the other should'nt. Can't remember if #25 has vaccum when warming up or #2 although this would be easy too check with a vaccum gauge.When fully warmed up one should lose vaccum and the other hose will not.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX 5sp

# 25 is cold start advance which comes from thermovalve B which is the thermvalve on the back of the intake with three ports (its the only one with three ports and is closest to the driverside of the engine)

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

Cannot help with the issue, but when you search, click advanced search. It has a feature to search titles only.
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX 5spd

You should have vaccum at hose #2 When at operating temp. You should be cheking the advance marks on the flywheel with the timing light there's 3 marks should flash within them.
    Last edited by steveko; 04-14-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

anyone figure this one out yet?
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX 5sp

Mark-
    I'm not sure what your asking. It seems to be spelled out pretty well here.
    The only question I still see kinda hanging is if it is better to have manifold vacuum hooked to #2 or # 25 on the distributer. To that I would reply #2 as that is where the original full time advance goes. ???
    88 LX 5spd l 32/36 weber l KYB GR-2's l Refreshed A20A3 engine l

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Connect manifold vacuum to #2. Plug #25. Done, go have a beer.

C|