Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

Re: Project X: RWD Accord

What brand servo did you get?
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

made by HiTec.. i think its this one hitech 645mg i dont recall the exact number offhand but the specs are appear to be the same.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

that's pretty exciting seeing it move around under it's own power.... good work

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

i want to order these... any reason i shouldnt???

Autometer 0-100 PSI Electronic FPG

AEROMOTIVE Universal Bypass FPR 20 to 60 PSI

i will be boosting this engine.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    made by HiTec.. i think its this one hitech 645mg i dont recall the exact number offhand but the specs are appear to be the same.
    HiTec make good servo's. Just making sure you didn't get some cheap crap.
    Sam

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT

Vehicle
    1982 VW Scirocco, 1995 Acura Integra LS. Previously Owned: 1989 Accord LXi, 1991 Civic DX

Wow, amazing to see that car move, so close to being done! It looks great! Kudos!

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
    HiTec make good servo's. Just making sure you didn't get some cheap crap.
    its there professional line or something... metal gears, not plastic so it will be reliable. after seeing what some people do to the rc cars, like jumping them 30 ft in the air and then slamming into pavement and still drive away.. i think it will do the job just fine in my car lol

he cut me a deal @ 55 bucks or something local hobby shop after telling him what i was using it for.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

its there professional line or something... metal gears, not plastic so it will be reliable. after seeing what some people do to the rc cars, like jumping them 30 ft in the air and then slamming into pavement and still drive away.. i think it will do the job just fine in my car lol

he cut me a deal @ 55 bucks or something local hobby shop after telling him what i was using it for.
    this is awsome (not sure if i allready posted in this thread)

are you gonna have a kill switch on the car someplace? just asking becuse i know the servos can sometimes go outa wack , i could see this car sudenly going to WOT while sitting in traffic or something lol

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    this is awsome (not sure if i allready posted in this thread)

are you gonna have a kill switch on the car someplace? just asking becuse i know the servos can sometimes go outa wack , i could see this car sudenly going to WOT while sitting in traffic or something lol

yes... there will be a kill switch, all tho i haven't decided where to put it yet. the pic controller that controls my throttle will also control my ignition system... the servo will be wired directly to the controller... so there should not be any interference like if it were plugged into a wireless receiver that had a bad antenna connection, and open to interference from other wireless devices on close frequencies.

the pic micro-controller will read from my pedal tps and set the engines tps to the same value based on a calibration cycle values it reads when the car is first put in run position(start closed and go WOT and close again) the system is now ready to receive from the pedal tps.

if for some reason the engines tps value exceeds the gas pedals tps value or stay open for more than 1 second after i have taken my foot of the pedal, the pic controller will cut power to the ecu/injectors/fuel pump.. and throw a human readable error on the display in the dash, ie: Engine TPS Malfunction. the pic controller software is being designed with every safety feature i can think of. this goes the same if it loses connection to pedal tps.. if i can diagnose the problem and if i think its safe to drive still, i can override it and drive the car to a place for repairs.

the cars ignition system is digital, and will be keyless and only unlockable via key code/alarm remote through a 2 way paging system. if this system were to fail, all i would need is my laptop and i will be able to start the car(kinda like a manual override) and get it somewhere to fix the problem.

this should clear some things up about how i'm going about things.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-25-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

fuel press gauge and regulator are ordered.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

I would make it so that it went to 0 if it did not recieve a signal or the signal was out of spec. I would guess the interferance is from the alt. Have you looked into what the VW rear engine guys do?

Neat that your brain can do the alogorithim among other things when your driving.

wp
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle

Haha yeah I am into RC cars. Its a high torque servo motor, should do the job just fine.
    Sam

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord View Post
    I would make it so that it went to 0 if it did not recieve a signal or the signal was out of spec. I would guess the interferance is from the alt. Have you looked into what the VW rear engine guys do?

Neat that your brain can do the alogorithim among other things when your driving.

wp
    well if it losses the servo engine will cut.. or if it loses engine tps engine will throw code...
    the programming has changed because we are using a servo now..either way if there's a malfunction... the engine is cut.

no interference from the alternator yet... everything is filtered and regulated... and when all and done in an old ecu case grounded.. so.. it can try to interfere... i don't think it will be able to lol

Quote Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
    Haha yeah I am into RC cars. Its a high torque servo motor, should do the job just fine.

only complaint i have, is its kinda slow. but thats ok... i would rather sacrifice reliability/safety over performance in this case.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-26-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

Get it done i want to see it do a willie. That would be SWEET.
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

kind of a madman drive by wire thing going on here, amazing stuff Vector, be safe

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

here's somthing that might be of interest to alot of you who swap to newer engines.

i've molested an extra 3g cluster gauge and have successfully converted it to electronic.

pics:

started with a old used eg civic cluster.. i had a couple of 4g accord clusters and they were to big mechanically... but the eg one worked...

i had to trim the plate with the numbers on it so it would mate nicely with the 3g face piece.

The connections as follows....

screws:
    1: power.
    2: ground.
    3: VSS.

hole 4 is not a connection, but it is where the trip reset push-pole comes out so it can actually reset the od.. otherwise it just hits the plastic inside which stops it from reseting the od...

i will probably take it apart and get pics of how i trimmed it and bent the piece of metal for the trip reset push-pole

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Dude. You need a Megasquirt on this thing. If you can do that much hardware hacking you NEED a Megasquirt. All the schematics for the hardware are freely available as is the source code for the firmware. If you use the MS2Extra code you can even compile it with the free gcc tools and make it do whatever the hell you want. Fully tuneable VE, AFR, and ignition maps, knock detection, flex fuel, boost/nitrous control, launch control, CAN capable. Cool ass shit.

http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm

C|

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

i have thought about MS-II but decided to go p06/chrome instead.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    kind of a madman drive by wire thing going on here, amazing stuff Vector, be safe
    i would ditch the drive by wire, and check with the vw guys on a cable setup, even systems designed from the ground up have had problems with throttle runaway.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    i would ditch the drive by wire, and check with the vw guys on a cable setup, even systems designed from the ground up have had problems with throttle runaway.
    heh.. well then maybe it just needs to be designed better.. theres a ton of cars out there that use electronic throttle systems with no problems, so it cant be that bad or i wouldn't be doing it. the only complaint i have is its alittle slow/laggy, but that has to do with the type of servo i used.. besides the engine cannot run away with no power....

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

man thats fn sweet how u modded the cluster! looks oem too!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Yeah nice work with the cluster. Can't wait to see the whole car done, with all the wiring madness!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Yeah nice work with the cluster. Can't wait to see the whole car done, with all the wiring madness!
    i just hope its not all visible when its done, the wiring i mean.

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Wow that cluster looks Great! Great Job !
    2004-2011?

Vehicle

well if it losses the servo engine will cut.. or if it loses engine tps engine will throw code...
    the programming has changed because we are using a servo now..either way if there's a malfunction... the engine is cut.

no interference from the alternator yet... everything is filtered and regulated... and when all and done in an old ecu case grounded.. so.. it can try to interfere... i don't think it will be able to lol

only complaint i have, is its kinda slow. but thats ok... i would rather sacrifice reliability/safety over performance in this case.
    I don't think that the rate that the servo opens the throttle would be any different in performance compared to you just punching it to the floor with a cable.When you give full throttle really fast, the engine doesn't exactly shoot straight up in RPM's, with a servo motor it opens the throttle at a constant rate, there for you actually would reduce the lag in a way. You can get a high speed high torque servo motor.
    Sam

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT