Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Vector - 1988 DX - RWD Accord

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Re: Project: X

Quote Originally Posted by forrest89sei View Post
    Where can i get one of those kick ass breaker bars?
    not sure where i got that from, i know its made in italy. and very very strong.... i kinda inherited along with the rest of the tools..

i will be doing more work today tho since its beautiful out... i will have more pics... today will be grinding and welding...

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    Vector we must be distantly related somehow, man you are an evil genius with cars and your hatch matches my LX sedan with the painted mouldings.
    Very outstanding thread.
    why thank you, i'm taking this opportunity to build a car that i can race and be proud of... it has treated me so well over the past 4 years or so that i've owned it... i want it to be one of a kind.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteLXI View Post
    Wow, this thing is going to be mean Hopefully that "Nearly free" H22 will treat you well.
    leakdown test show about 15~ % loss.... even if it smokes alittle i will be satisfied.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Vector we must be distantly related somehow, man you are an evil genius with cars and your hatch matches my LX sedan with the painted mouldings.
    Very outstanding thread.
    i have been told i'm crazy over and over... and was declared insane by my family when i started this.
    its tobad we couldnt pull enough people closer to can and have a big meet... lower mainland style

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    i have been told i'm crazy over and over... and was declared insane by my family when i started this.
    its tobad we couldnt pull enough people closer to can and have a big meet... lower mainland style
    Awesome! Evil geniuses of the world unite! I'm currently working on a VW diesel conversion to a Suzuki Samurai. It isn't nearly as involved as what you are doing, but pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm insane at this point.

This is seriously inspirational. Please make it work!

C|

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Now I see what you're doing... smart man... I like your thinking... Can't wait to see more progress now... would be a super fun car to drive, mid engine h22 3g mmmmmmmmmm!

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Yes that would truely be a blast. I kinda wish some of you guys were closer.
    You had to be kind of having an out of body experience (ah perfect wordplay) when you went to cutting the floorboard out of that beautiful hatch.
    I was just talking smack about something like this the other day, making a RWD Accord using fox chassis floor boards and subframing, but this... this is just Dr Morreau. No turning back now is it.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

leakdown test show about 15~ % loss.... even if it smokes alittle i will be satisfied.
    once the hard work is done,it will seem easy to pull the motor and rebuild it. hard part is getting it in there.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    once the hard work is done,it will seem easy to pull the motor and rebuild it. hard part is getting it in there.
    ahhh but thats the beautiful part about this build, is that the subframe still unbolts from the rest of the car.... all that will need to be undone are the drivers/passenger side mount.. and it will come out the bottom.. i will make it so the car can be lifted off by the engine hoist... the suspension and engine will be dropped on a wagon and rolled out.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    Awesome! Evil geniuses of the world unite! I'm currently working on a VW diesel conversion to a Suzuki Samurai. It isn't nearly as involved as what you are doing, but pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm insane at this point.

This is seriously inspirational. Please make it work!

C|
    it will... no giving up now or turning back, there hasnt been a project yet with a car that i havent exactly finished... i know i started this one last year with the h22... technically i'm still doing it... just the project has been altered alittle.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

No turning back now is it.
    nope

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Holy fucking shit dude!!!! Keep the pictures rolling!

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

didnt get as much done as i thought i would today, family more or less wanted to go out and do stuff, so since i havent spend much time lately with the kid and the wife. i went out with them.

i did a bunch of grinding to clean up the metal that i will be welding to... but i'm going to drop the frame out one more time and cut it down some more and clean it up nice so once its put in i can get clean straight welds. (had a headache from the noise and was def for a little while lol)

this will also give me a chance to remove the power steering rack and weld in permanent anchors for the tie rod ends, i will post pics to of this process.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

wow bad ass

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

yeehaaw, that's an awesome project!
    When I started reading from page1 I was really hoping you were going to put it in the back and yay you did

I can imagine how fun it's going to be to have a car that you used to know really well and then suddenly turn into a completely different car when you (hopefully) get to drive it again.

If I made something like that and started driving it on the road, I would be put in jail straight away. sucks about this country...

Bump for a vid with a 3g hatch doing donuts!

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    yeehaaw, that's an awesome project!
    When I started reading from page1 I was really hoping you were going to put it in the back and yay you did

I can imagine how fun it's going to be to have a car that you used to know really well and then suddenly turn into a completely different car when you (hopefully) get to drive it again.

If I made something like that and started driving it on the road, I would be put in jail straight away. sucks about this country...

Bump for a vid with a 3g hatch doing donuts!
    i will put it through inspections when its done so i have the papers... i dont want any problems down the road.

oh trust me, i cant wait to do some donuts in this thing... i will be running the f series transmission on the h22 because i'm going to weld the diff in it for drifting and i wont care if it flies apart.... once it breaks or i can afford a ATB or equivilant diferential for the h22 tranny, i will swap it out.
    Last edited by Vector; 05-05-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

i will put it through inspections when its done so i have the papers... i dont want any problems down the road.

oh trust me, i cant wait to do some donuts in this thing... i will be running the f series transmission on the h22 because i'm going to weld the diff in it for drifting and i wont care if it flies apart.... once it breaks or i can afford a ATB or equivilant diferential for the h22 tranny, i will swap it out.

lol welded differential, that's unusual for this sort of transmission haha.

Can you actually get that through inspections? thing is that's impossible here where they hate cars.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

your right, they hate certain cars here as well... anycar that comes here has to go through federal, and provincial inspections unless its in canada already then provincial only...

friend of mine bought a 96 ford 2wd truck from the US for 2g's... it costed him more than the truck itself to get it to pass inspections. that included what ever cost as well to fix it.. like one of the regulations is... they had to have a drl(day time driving light) module installed.. but its OK to buy a truck from the next province that doesnt have it and it wont need it ever. another thing that ithought was weird was the abs wasnt working either... so they just pulled the fuse and left it as is.

my car was never needed a v.i. before, and i'm going to try to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Vector; 05-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

very cool! can't wait to see the finished product. have you seen this thread? http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=981613

might have some useful info.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by 88LXi68 View Post
    very cool! can't wait to see the finished product. have you seen this thread? http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=981613

might have some useful info.
    thats what inspired me...

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord EXi Coupe

glad to see you got something done while i was away, Vec!, Hopefully, we can get this thing done, sooner, rather than later....
    Hosting Packages from $4.95 CAD
    Liquid Pages Hosting
    Kelowna Imports

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

did some more trimming and grinding the paint off the edges of the 4g frame.

if the weather tomorow is as good as it was today, i will be finishing the 4g frame. and hopefully start on the car itself... i dont have to trim anymore off the car itself because i think i cut enough off lol. so i will just be cleaning the surface of the 3g where i will be welding to. and maybe even get the 4g frame tacked in.
    Last edited by Vector; 05-06-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

that is some fast progress

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

ya.. well i'm not in that big of a rush, few hours each day seems to be doing it.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

^^^^ -- clip is semi finalized and ready for welding inside the car.

^^^^ -- removed the rest of the spare tire well... i havent decided how i want to run the exhaust, but i'm thinkin dual out the middle cut into the bumper. i will of course have to patch up the old exhaust notch so it looks decent. this will depend on how much space i have from the 4-2 downpipe. if there is not enough i will just run 4-2 in the stock location and i will make a notch on the otherside that matches.

^^^^ -- rear subframe doesnt quite line up with the cars frame, i will fix this by welding a 2x2 box steel channel against the insides of the frame rails of the car for the 4g clip to rest on and weld to... it will stiffen the rear of the car and make it stronger.
    Last edited by Vector; 05-08-2008 at 09:51 PM.