Thread: Fuel Filter? Fuel pump?

Bass Man

Fuel Filter? Fuel pump?

I have an awkward problem with my 3g... I though I fixed it, but it just bit back harder.

Starts up and idles awesome, but when I go down the road, I have to either creep up on the secondaries, or floor it... If I hammer down right to the top of my secondaries, I can kill the engine.

Any Ideas?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: Fuel Filter? Fuel pump?

yes, dont do that !!

thread title, coil, or float level would be my focus

get a weber already, or find an efi donar car

Bass Man

Lol. Don't do what?

Brand new coil. I adjusted my float level, but I don't think it's keeping a good level.

I wish I could afford a weber around here... Everyone wants them on their yota's and Sammy's... Webers suck off-road cuz they alway flood out... I might be able to get one off this guy I wheel with, but I think it's only a 32.

I think I am gonna replace the rear fuel filter this week to see if that could be the reason.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Bass its a carb. You can't treat it like its FI. You just got to be smooth with it and it will work for you. If your bringing your knee up to the steering wheel and stomping on gas pedal its gonna stumble.

If its flat dieing it might be flooding the motor esp if you don't have the advance quite right.

wp
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Bass Man

I wonder how the loose booster was playing a role in all this.... SOB!! I check that thing about twice a week and the time I think it's fine, it's so loose I thought it was gonna come off!

Well, time to pull the tophat again... Hopefully it will be fine.

It's the primary, and I am glad I don't have that choke crap on there anymore.
    Last edited by Bass Man; 05-18-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Man View Post
    Lol. Don't do what?

Brand new coil. I adjusted my float level, but I don't think it's keeping a good level.

I wish I could afford a weber around here... Everyone wants them on their yota's and Sammy's... Webers suck off-road cuz they alway flood out... I might be able to get one off this guy I wheel with, but I think it's only a 32.

I think I am gonna replace the rear fuel filter this week to see if that could be the reason.
    don't under estimate the ability of the 32/36, if you can get a spacer to fit under them they do much better, problem is with these cars you would need a hood scoop, clearence is an issue. The flooding issue can be worked out with some modifications and a little skill.
    If i were a serious off roader without EFI, I would consider looking in to propane conversions, something you don't hear much about anymore but it used to be popular /

Bass Man

It's getting more popular nowadays. www.gotpropane.com

I have my hood off right now, and if need be, I will do FUNCTIONAL cowl modification... lol. No rice here, function.

Definitely was my problem and it's all fixed now... Very nice acceloration and a LOT of pick-up. I still want a weber, though.

I read about people filling some part of the webers up with solder to prevent them from stalling going uphill. The most common thing most sami owners do is turn the carb around so it floods downhill.
    Last edited by Bass Man; 05-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I have read where you can fill up the power valve tube but I have not seen any real good diagrams. It is supposed to keep the power valve from enriching randomly to you can tune it properly with a wideband.

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

You need to talk to Sarge from this place:

http://www.performancewebers.com/

There is a box you can click on to mail him towards the bottom of the page. He is one of the primary participants in the largest/best/longest thread on DGV Weber carbs ever:

http://forums.off-road.com/engines/2...er-38dges.html

BTW, I have my Sami now and I'm doing the VW diesel conversion. Hoping I can try to start it up later this week.

C|

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    You need to talk to Sarge from this place:

http://www.performancewebers.com/

There is a box you can click on to mail him towards the bottom of the page. He is one of the primary participants in the largest/best/longest thread on DGV Weber carbs ever:

http://forums.off-road.com/engines/2...er-38dges.html

BTW, I have my Sami now and I'm doing the VW diesel conversion. Hoping I can try to start it up later this week.

C|
    hahaa, I have already been reading Sarge's post on off road, EXCELLANT info
    I did not see that first link before yet. ON that off road weber thread he mentions setting up a dual progressive rig... I wonder if that ever materiallized.