Thread: Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i

Arrow Fitch Fuel Catalyst

I have been reading magazine reviews on the Fitch fuel catalyst and they have all been good. Of course their site will have only good ones but the magazines like popular hot rodding tried it and said they noticed an increase in performance too. Other mags have reviewed it too and have said good stuff about them. So I was curious if anyone has tried one in any of their cars?

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Fitch Fuel Catalyst

"additive called Ethos FR, first in six of its trucks,"

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/ju...s-fuel-burden/

I saw this today never heard of either one but you know I love a good gas mileage trick.

wp
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I never heard of it either, I dogpiled it and read some interesting articles. They make a lot of claims with a lot of endorsments so must be something to it.
    Summit has them http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&Nao=10#rstop
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 06-03-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

That show Horsepower on SpikeTV did a spot on this. Kind of interesting actually. From their website:

Q. What are the major components of the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst?
    The catalyst is a composite of a number of metals formed into an alloy by a propriety process.

Q. How does the catalyst work?
    Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

C|

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I have been looking, with no success, for real life testimony not associated with the company or distributors of the product.
    The basis of the operation makes sense, and there is a lot of crappy gas out there now so maybe it is worth the 100-300 bucks depending on what application:

Vehicle
    gold 88 accord lx

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    That show Horsepower on SpikeTV did a spot on this. Kind of interesting actually. From their website:

Q. What are the major components of the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst?
    The catalyst is a composite of a number of metals formed into an alloy by a propriety process.

Q. How does the catalyst work?
    Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

C|
    they did a dyno test with and without the fuel catalyst and picked a HP gain around 10 or so if i remember correctly. however, the engine they dynoed it with was already putting out over 400HP, so thats only like 2-2.5% power increase. it would probably be worthless on our cars......

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Quote Originally Posted by evil88accordLX View Post
    they did a dyno test with and without the fuel catalyst and picked a HP gain around 10 or so if i remember correctly. however, the engine they dynoed it with was already putting out over 400HP, so thats only like 2-2.5% power increase. it would probably be worthless on our cars......
    I can't remember now if they did just one run with each or if they did several and took and average. The results will vary from run to run so if they didn't do several runs and average, the data aren't worth much.

C|