Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not happy...

not happy...

well i have just put my system together today.. and i have a 1000 watt system.. with a 10 inch sub.. ghettogetty knows what setup i have.. or should be familiar with it..well i think alot of it has to do with my amp being crap.. but still idk my main question is, is our backseats in the sedan's like super thick? or do we have alot of sound deadning stuff between the trunk and cabin? or how can i fix it.. cause when my bro had the same set up as me i couldnt talk it was hitting so hard.. now i could wisper to my passenger and they would hear me..idk.. i need help..LOL

my next question is how much is a cheap good 1000 watt amp run for? and brands..

thanks,

sp.
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    2010/Honda/Civic Si

Re: not happy...

My sub points towards the back of my seat in my car and it gets a hell of a lot louder if I put the rear seat down. The last I checked the back of the seat is made of metal. The seat kills a good bit of the bass. Also the max power is not what you want to look at with amps. The RMS wattage for the amp should match up to your sub.
    Last edited by irondragon013; 07-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Vehicle
    89 Acoord DX, 99 Sunfire.

best thing i have seen done for sedans is to port the rear deck. it will do 2 things at once, first it will funnel the moving air {bass} towards the rear window to be reflected to all points forward setting up a better sound stage. second it will create a sort of bandpass effect filtering out certain Hz like the real bandpass box.

that what i would do anyway, as for amps. well max power isnt always best. say your subs are 200rms/600max. but your 600 watt amp does 350rms. thats bad for the subs. so like said above find the highest rms rated amp for your sub without breaking the limit of the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon013 View Post
    My sub points towards the back of my seat in my car and it gets a hell of a lot louder if I put the rear seat down. The last I checked the back of the seat is made of metal. The seat kills a good bit of the bass. Also the max power is not what you want to look at with amps. The RMS wattage for the amp should match up to your sub.
    hmm yeah i figured it was the seat.. well i think im going to go shopping for a new amp and see what i can do.. or just read the booklet on my amp and see if my RMS is the same or close to my sub.. thanks..

now folding down the seat.. i used to do that until i just got lazy and forgot to put it back up and people can see all my stuff and possible break in.. hmm maybe i need tinted windows..LOL i think for now ill jsut ride with the seat down.. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by tenchimuyo93 View Post
    best thing i have seen done for sedans is to port the rear deck. it will do 2 things at once, first it will funnel the moving air {bass} towards the rear window to be reflected to all points forward setting up a better sound stage. second it will create a sort of bandpass effect filtering out certain Hz like the real bandpass box.

that what i would do anyway, as for amps. well max power isnt always best. say your subs are 200rms/600max. but your 600 watt amp does 350rms. thats bad for the subs. so like said above find the highest rms rated amp for your sub without breaking the limit of the sub.

now, how would i make a port? cut a hole for my rear deck or what?

i understand about the RMS i never even thought about that.. ill look into it more.. thanks!
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    89 Acoord DX, 99 Sunfire.

yea just cut thru the rear deck with a hole saw the size of what ever size port you get. to make it easier try to aim for where the steel supports are missing so you only have to cut thru the panel.

5" or 6" ports would be what id try to find.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

buy quality stuff....my amp and sub cost more than what i paid for my car.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

irondragon are you still driving the Accord lxi?

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    buy quality stuff....my amp and sub cost more than what i paid for my car.
    LOL my system costed 1000 dollars.. i only payed 300 dollars for my car.. does that count? but i think im just going to buy a new amp cause the one i have is prolly shot..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 86ccord View Post
    LOL my system costed 1000 dollars.. i only payed 300 dollars for my car.. does that count? but i think im just going to buy a new amp cause the one i have is prolly shot..

damn....i feel bad...what i should of said buy new stuff...i did after i got a mest up amp from this one guy...worked fine till it heated up..haha

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    damn....i feel bad...what i should of said buy new stuff...i did after i got a mest up amp from this one guy...worked fine till it heated up..haha
    lol nah, your fine.. i know what you meant.. i think im going to buy another sub ( 10inch) and get a new amp then i think i will be satisfyed.. btw if you dont mind me asking, what set up are you running messy? any pictures?
    one day I'll return.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

x2 for what everybody's said so far, there's one more thing though... you also need to make sure that the box your sub is in is the right deminsions. Havin to small a box will hold back the subs potential while too big a box is bad as well. And with proper porting (width and length of port tube) you'llbe able to maximize the frequencies you wanna hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    x2 for what everybody's said so far, there's one more thing though... you also need to make sure that the box your sub is in is the right deminsions. Havin to small a box will hold back the subs potential while too big a box is bad as well. And with proper porting (width and length of port tube) you'llbe able to maximize the frequencies you wanna hear.
    yah, lol my dimensions are correct, cause when i built my box, before doing so i called kenwood and they told me what to do so i think thats right.. i just think its that metal backseat causeing it not to hit hard as i would like to.. cause i experimented today and rode with the seat up and ddown and with it down it hit hard just like i like it.. so its the seat.. LOL but thanks everyone...

anymore suggestions?
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    2010/Honda/Civic Si

Porting the rear deck sounds like a good idea. You could probably cover the hole a speaker grill.

Porting the rear deck sounds like a good idea. You could probably cover the hole a speaker grill.
    True.. very true.. but i have stock speaker grills.. so i would have to find something or make something to match.. hmm.. that is a good idea..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord EX-i AT

What a friend of mine did when he put subs in his trunk was just...not install rear speakers. Basically that makes you the holes straight up, right? I doubt if the speakers are nessesary once you have the big sub out back.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I dont have anything to add except if you do drill into metal , vacuum up every single drill shaving you make.. those can get into your speakers, and are also seeds for rust.
    and of course make sure you did not get a speaker out of phase (polarity)
    If you are going to run them in series or paralell, follow the correct wiring you start out with.

Vehicle
    1990 Mazda Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeobe View Post
    What a friend of mine did when he put subs in his trunk was just...not install rear speakers. Basically that makes you the holes straight up, right? I doubt if the speakers are nessesary once you have the big sub out back.
    no, u DO need the other speakers, otherwise the sound quality will be crap

Quote Originally Posted by itzdave View Post
    no, u DO need the other speakers, otherwise the sound quality will be crap
    yeah.. well guys well i the person who tuned my amp and system did it wrong.. found that out like, the other day and so i found out how to tune it and it sounds alot better.. and hits alot harder.. im happy with it.. thanks guys!
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by tenchimuyo93 View Post
    as for amps. well max power isnt always best. say your subs are 200rms/600max. but your 600 watt amp does 350rms. thats bad for the subs. so like said above find the highest rms rated amp for your sub without breaking the limit of the sub.
    i've always run an amp that has way more watts rms than.the sub will take.
    the theory behind that is you can run the subs at there max without running the amp very hard.
    is always better to have heaps of headroom left in the amp. subs are cheap, amps arnt
    and at least that way when you decide to upgrade you subs, you dont need a bigger amp

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntd ca3 View Post
    i've always run an amp that has way more watts rms than.the sub will take.
    the theory behind that is you can run the subs at there max without running the amp very hard.
    is always better to have heaps of headroom left in the amp. subs are cheap, amps arnt
    and at least that way when you decide to upgrade you subs, you dont need a bigger amp
    true. very true, yeah amps are hella expensive..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX

I have a mephis audio 15 and a kenwood 1500watt amp in my hatch jjust to let everyone know!. lol
    it hits so hard it cracked my 3rd brake light.(i have no clue how)

upgrading to two lanzar 15s and a lanzar 4800 watt 2 channel amp.

I think it should hit pretty hard.

im also getting a lanzar 4 channel amp and like 4 sets of tweeters.
    88 DX hatch.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolA20accord View Post
    I have a mephis audio 15 and a kenwood 1500watt amp in my hatch jjust to let everyone know!. lol

before i pulled the system out i ran 2 jbl gt102 subs and a phoenix gold amp, and it was HEAPS loud nuff 4 me. oh and kenwood dual mag 6.25 splits in the front
    dont see the point in much more than that
    but i dont listen to Crap or tecno
    gimme AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolA20accord View Post

memphis? hell yeah my friend has two 10's and 1200 memphis amp in his 07 civic Si and that shit hits hard as hell.. too much for me.. LOL
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

A set up i had in my old 3g was i put two six by nines in between the two existing speaker covers so it looked like it had 4 6 by 9's in the back and then i just left out the other stock speakers and left it open with 2 12 inch kickers in the back sounded good. i went with 3 way 6 by 9's to get tweeters in the back. All of that stuff got stolen in the end. Aong with my reciver. but it was a good solution for the bass that i had stuck in the trunk. and ended up sounding really good when i did that.I also had my box faced towards the back to amplify the bass. then i went and bought these cheap 1 inch tweeters from walmart or something beacuse it was late at night lol and i installed them in the front by the front windshield and the visor becuase all my sound was in the back and put in some infinity 5 inch in the door messed with the eq and it was all around soundin good.
    Last edited by -$MOKIN-; 08-18-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -$MOKIN- View Post
    A set up i had in my old 3g was i put two six by nines in between the two existing speaker covers so it looked like it had 4 6 by 9's in the back and then i just left out the other stock speakers and left it open with 2 12 inch kickers in the back sounded good. i went with 3 way 6 by 9's to get tweeters in the back. All of that stuff got stolen in the end. Aong with my reciver. but it was a good solution for the bass that i had stuck in the trunk. and ended up sounding really good when i did that.I also had my box faced towards the back to amplify the bass. then i went and bought these cheap 1 inch tweeters from walmart or something beacuse it was late at night lol and i installed them in the front by the front windshield and the visor becuase all my sound was in the back and put in some infinity 5 inch in the door messed with the eq and it was all around soundin good.

ive been thinking about getting some tweets.. but idk.. how'd yours work out for you?
    one day I'll return.