Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roodoo2 LX Sedan B20 IN!

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Re: Roodoo2 B20 IN!

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    i took my one off on my old car and broke my b18 gearbox a few weeks after (N)
    prob just the way you drive
    i took that vibe damper thingee off when i converted to manual and 50,000km later still no probs

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

i took mine off and now my boot lid dont even close anymore

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

dogbone is staying on, I was even considering finding an aftermarket type made for USDM models years ago. Hi performance looking one. I just have it off now as I situate the plumbing, manifold supports and stuff back there. )

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

Mines staying on as the b16 intake manifold is higher than the b20 one and with a alloy intake pipe you cant really see how ugly it is anymore cause its sort of hidden.

and with the way i drive i would break mounts left right and center without a dogbone, My front mount is allready broken i must rememeber to fix that

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

Looks really good. Definitely put the dogbone back in, you'll need it.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

no pics but I took the starter apart, wow this is the easiest starter Ive ever worked on!
    Remove the power wire from the solenoid on the assembly. Then the two 10mm long bolts thru the motor part. Remove the two phillips screws on the end plate.
    The whole armature comes out intact with the brush plate. I cleaned the armature contact ring with some fine emory cloth, the brushes still had plenty of length so I cleaned it up and shot a little teflon grease to the bearings on both ends. Work the brushes over the slip ring and carefully slide it all back in the housing. Put the bolts , screws and wire back. Ta daaa. good as new! zero $$$

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Whats the status on the swap Roodoo?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

wow the house project has taken over....but I bought a header that will be here Monday! hope to have it driveable by the weekend. It has turned winter here and cold so I have to see what the weather does, I hate working with frozen hands.. lol

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    wow the house project has taken over....but I bought a header that will be here Monday! hope to have it driveable by the weekend. It has turned winter here and cold so I have to see what the weather does, I hate working with frozen hands.. lol
    Oh hell yeah frozen hands FTL, It was cold and raining when I was swapping my trans and the car was out side and I could not get it in to the garage( trans locked the tires up when i tried to move it so it was stuck lol) So i know how you feel XD

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

lol you pussys if you work hard your hands dont freez haha

nah i think your winters might be colder than ours...

Anyways im looking forward to seeing this car working, even better when its have a five speed gear bocks

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by markmdz89hatch View Post
    yeah, I know exactly that mystery mount you speak of. Beats the hell out of me just what it's for. my first thought was vibration dampener, but then I asked myself how the hell that would do anything meaningful, and the answer seems to be nope.
    it absorbs harmonics from the a20 engine, it vibrates and cancels out a specific harmonic like a tuning fork. it's probably useless on the b20 motor since it wouldn't have the same harmonics.

Vehicle

second that, i be keeping it too
    I kept mine, i replaced the large end with a solid aluminum mount and kept the small end rubber.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

lol you pussys if you work hard your hands dont freez haha

nah i think your winters might be colder than ours...

Anyways im looking forward to seeing this car working, even better when its have a five speed gear bocks
    Me tooz

it is too cold considering it has been 70's F the past few weeks

I need some nipple cream for my hands.. lol
    handling fiberglass insulation and them dang roof shingles will take it's toll. When it is this cold your skin busts open easier it seem like, I just barely nicked my finger with some pliers and it made a big hole in my finger..

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    it absorbs harmonics from the a20 engine, it vibrates and cancels out a specific harmonic like a tuning fork. it's probably useless on the b20 motor since it wouldn't have the same harmonics.
    that is pretty interesting Lost, where did you read that? it makes sense because I have seen similar things on usdm cars, but this thing seems pointless although it cant be. It is lined up with the flywheel sort of.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

our b20's have one too maybe you guys better buy some off me, maybe thats why all the b20 turbo peeps fail lots lol. i think my current car has still got its harmonic vibration thingee in tact

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

turbo is ok, esp for A20.. amazing results and durability.
    But this motor is capable of 180+ hp with a very usable torque band in NA form. Just about all I need since this is not a drag car, just a head turner.. lol

Vehicle

heres a good book for you, talks a lot about v8's, but tons of great engine building info for you. it's called engine builders handbook by Tom Monroe, it's HPbooks-1245 if you can find it. great great book.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    heres a good book for you, talks a lot about v8's, but tons of great engine building info for you. it's called engine builders handbook by Tom Monroe, it's HPbooks-1245 if you can find it. great great book.
    saw something similar when I was at the Summit superstore last tuesday.
    They have some cool stuff in there, I need an excuse to go back there soon.

since Im getting a header I think I can use a sawzall to cut that oem downpipe (without cutting the oil pan me hopes) instead of removing the whole dam front crossmember like I have set up to do. The bolts are rung off, I was going to remove the manifold with the downpipe attached, which is a snakey undertaking.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I need a quieter muffler system, the smitthys is too loud by itself. I may add another glass pack. I was also looking at dual outlet rig like bullards but not as cool looking, more stealth. The only concern for me on those though is the added weight.

Vehicle

I need a quieter muffler system, the smitthys is too loud by itself. I may add another glass pack. I was also looking at dual outlet rig like bullards but not as cool looking, more stealth. The only concern for me on those though is the added weight.
    try the raptor one it's pretty quiet

so this means Ill be expecting a price on the stocker anyday right? No really I need it. Thanks man and good luck on the house. Its been in the low 40's here all week and rainy and Ive been under my car doing an engine swap. i feel your pain on the nipple cream. Iyts not the cold its the scraps that hurt and the slips knuckle bangs really kill.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe View Post
    so this means Ill be expecting a price on the stocker anyday right? No really I need it. Thanks man and good luck on the house. Its been in the low 40's here all week and rainy and Ive been under my car doing an engine swap. i feel your pain on the nipple cream. Iyts not the cold its the scraps that hurt and the slips knuckle bangs really kill.
    yes you can get it I won't need it anymore, and thanks it has been a journey, aches and pains make it interesting..

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Me tooz

it is too cold considering it has been 70's F the past few weeks

I need some nipple cream for my hands.. lol
    handling fiberglass insulation and them dang roof shingles will take it's toll. When it is this cold your skin busts open easier it seem like, I just barely nicked my finger with some pliers and it made a big hole in my finger..
    Reminds me of when I did carpentry. My hands were constantly injured. Winters were the worst. Every little thing just busted my hands wide open. Even if they weren't injured, the cold just made them crack open and bleed. I remember hitting the edge of my finger with a hammer, just a glancing blow really, and it sheared the side of my finger off.

You should try those blue nitrile gloves. I did my swap in February here in Fresno and my hands never got cold never got injured. They didn't get dirty either.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

got some blue nitrile, forget to use them unless im using adhesives... they work good though true dat..

Vehicle

got some blue nitrile, forget to use them unless im using adhesives... they work good though true dat..
    finally convinced them to light the heater at work, it's not rocket science to light the pilot,although they think it is you stick a propane torch up there and push the pilot button in until it lights. wanting to save money by having us freeze. doesn't do much good unless you are standing in front of it though. airplane hanger=air infiltration of cheese grater. blue nitrile gloves ftw. was drilling with coolant all week and freezing my ass off.