Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: Mad JDM dash yo!

ooo good work on the interior!

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Negative. Your car is clean, and well done. Custom != Rice.
    JUST SAY NO TO RICE!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE CARS ARE CLASSIC HONDA'S, a ricer style should be kept FAR away from these somewhat rare hondas !! they should be restored/ left alone or tastfully modified dont you think? maybe im the only one that feels that way?.. ive admired this accord for a few years before i joined this site (actually motivated me alot to start working on my 1g $300 beater) and you did a great job bringing your 1st gen back to life with clean unique settle changes not to mention the attention to detail was on point!! you dont see that very often on these 1g accords....... . . hate to see your accord go down the wrong path... just speaking my mind guys and not hating at all...

2ndGenGuy

I agree. That's what I was saying. Just because something is custom though, doesn't mean it's rice. I think Hazwan has done a great job keeping it clean and classy without the rice.

Though I think he should get those Prelude seats recovered in beige, with similar fabric to the rear seats to match the rest of the interior, that would be great. A black and beige combination is classy.

What about black along the tops of the door panels to tie the dash into the rest of the car? Just above the chrome trim up to the windows. I think that would look pretty good too. A lot like the black / tan interiors in the 3rd gens... I simply love that look.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Don't worry, when the whole interior is complete, the won't be anymore rice. Althrough I think that shitty shift knob and blue LEDs screams rice!

I've thought of doing 2 tone in black + beige, I always love the combination. All black just look meh to me, at least not on older car interior. But don't know yet.. I need to recover the rear seats or find a replacement in better condition first and once I take care of the armrest fitment, it should look factory
    Last edited by Hazwan; 10-08-2008 at 02:45 PM.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

LEDs done on the AC controls. Well, not exactly done, still need to take care of the hotspots and add couple of red LEDs for the red bars

More coming up!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

Woah looks sweet! I wish my 1gee had the color bars that light up. There are only 2 lame little bulbs in mine that light up the wording and that's it.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Got my 2g console today. Can anyone tell me WTF is this? It says "Electronic Navigator" up front with all Japanese writings on it.

Of course I didn't hack that up. Got another cassette holder and this is pretty much how my head unit will fit:

The headunit will sit flush with the panel. Its not done yet, of course. Fiberglassing work coming up.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I have no idea what that is, but it looks cool! I'd say some kind of gas mileage/fuel efficiency, average speed kind of thing. It looks like you are missing the relevant display to make it useful though.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

don't let anything happen to that, I believe you are right on what it is, you can also contact the honda mueseum in japan and ask them, also didn't we have a japanese member? maby he could translate. I'm thinking thats part of one of their navigation systems, it's not the electro gyrocator, it used microfitche,but they did have some cassette based systems.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 10-18-2008 at 05:50 AM.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I've googled around and heres the translated page:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

If only I have all the wiring and all related stuffs. Its cool and so mad tyte JDM yo!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

sheesh double post

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

I want that for my car! Gimme! That's totally badass!

Looks like you need the proper clock though to get any data out of it.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 10-18-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

ohhhh..i have seen that before. it was in my teacher's old 82' honda vigor. he told me it was a navigator. some sort of japanese GPS system which was introduced into hondas. that was a long long time ago. it is totally useless in malaysia and other places. i guess it was only meant for japan. sigh.. he said it use to made weird sounds and have weird light that would come on and off. he said the light looked cool but the sound was truely annoying. one day, he had a bad day in school. the navigator made too much noises and he took his scissors and went behind the dash and hacked the wires going to the navigator. that was the end of it.....buhuhu
    life is only what you make of it...

my dad with our 81' accord...

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

MSN: [email protected]
    YM: [email protected]

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I want that for my car! Gimme! That's totally badass!

Looks like you need the proper clock though to get any data out of it.
    $20 + shipping and its yours

And yea sucks about needing other parts to get it working. I think I might be able to find the harness+clock in the same shop..

Quote Originally Posted by haridev View Post
    ohhhh..i have seen that before. it was in my teacher's old 82' honda vigor. he told me it was a navigator. some sort of japanese GPS system which was introduced into hondas. that was a long long time ago. it is totally useless in malaysia and other places. i guess it was only meant for japan. sigh.. he said it use to made weird sounds and have weird light that would come on and off. he said the light looked cool but the sound was truely annoying. one day, he had a bad day in school. the navigator made too much noises and he took his scissors and went behind the dash and hacked the wires going to the navigator. that was the end of it.....buhuhu
    Its not GPS, but trip computer that can be seen in today's cars. It has fuel consumption, mileage, remaining fuel, travel distance, average speed and vehicle speed warning thinggy. I don't know why it would make annoying noises.. perhaps telling the driver going too fast or something?

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

wow that things way cool whatever it does! lol

2ndGenGuy

$20 + shipping and you think you can get the clock and harness? Yes consider it done!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

$20 + shipping and you think you can get the clock and harness? Yes consider it done!
    No promise. I saw complete center console+some tiny bits and pieces from the same car same interior color and all, I think the car itself is recently parted out. I *might* be able to ask them if they still have the harness+clock.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

$20????? wonder how much you got that console for hazwan ;-) hehehe.... nah kidding. its a collector's price when you hard to find parts such as those. also, john, if its a done deal for the navigator, i have another find that i think you might be interested in. i found a 2gee jdm steering wheel with the radio controls on it. wonder if you might want it. sadly i suspect that you might need the original pioneer radio for them to work. but it does look real cool. if hazwan is closing the deal with you, do lemme noe. il pass the wheel to hazwan as he plans to drop by my place this weekend.

well, my teacher sold the whole vigor for just RM1800 about 4yrs ago. i offered him RM1500, he said he wouldnt mind but feared i couldnt source parts. buhuhu.... now i wish i had bought the who car and sold the parts off it... it was a cool car to restore. rather straight body with its original paint. faded though.... i just loved its honeycomb grill..... its all the past now...buhuhu....

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

2ndGenGuy

What!!!! Radio controls in a 2nd Gen wheel? Hell yeah I'll take that too! Would you happen to have the slip ring that goes with it? Do you guys think you could hang on until the 1st of November? That's when I get paid, I just spent every last dime I had putting a roof on my house... :-(

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

No problem. You want the bumper lights as well?

As for the wheel, I've thought of using any steering wheel that fit with integrated radio controls, and solder the buttons to normal infrared remote control. No slip rings, wiring or have the compatible radio to go with it. Shouldn't be that hard to do. Theres plenty of room inside the horn button.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

nah! thats cool. the s. wheel isnt in that great a shape. just that i found those buttons interesting. i hope some soap and water could clean it up, but somehow i doubt this. anyway i havent asked the price, bt judging by what i paid for my wheel it should be around USD$18. i would advice you to REALLY think this true. but if your insistant, and if hazwan is willing to wait. il get it this december when im back in malaysia for my christmas break and il pass it to him when i meet him. no promises.... anyway, for now just drool on your new 'navigator'...hehe....

also, im not really sure if they really were radio controls. but i suspect that they are just normal USDM stuff as many other posts have the same s.wheel setup. fyi. the wheel i found was beige...i think i saw a grey one as well. cant remember. i did look something like this wheel:

i wanted to fit it to my accord as the 1g EX-L S.wheel looked pretty beated. but since i found the centre piece, able to be removed, i figured...nah...il keep her stock... neway, do educate me on what the controls are (right side of wheel)?

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

2ndGenGuy

Oh yeah. Those are for the cruise control. One makes the car accelerate, the other makes the car slow down. I've got those now. :-)

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    No problem. You want the bumper lights as well?

As for the wheel, I've thought of using any steering wheel that fit with integrated radio controls, and solder the buttons to normal infrared remote control. No slip rings, wiring or have the compatible radio to go with it. Shouldn't be that hard to do. Theres plenty of room inside the horn button.
    Oh man yes, I would love the bumper lights. Do you have the corner markers as well? I'll take the chance that customs might not let it through. Especially if it's only $20...

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Corner marker like the one on my car? I thought they are the same?

Anyway, test fitted the 2g console, I need to fabricate the brackets, but knowing Honda being so gay with changes between the years, I'm suprised to see it fits like it were meant to be.

What do you think of my new power window switch location?

And I'm busy with this:

If you remember some dumbass hit the quarter panel earlier this year and theres a huge rust bubble under the fuel filler door forming up, and apparently the metal has rusted through, leaving huge hole and I have to get it fixed before it eats through the whole panel lol. I was in a hurry that time to get the car fixed, and my prepping/bondo job are kinda sloppy. Plus the paint didn't match that well, and I'm blending the paint with rear door this time. I have plenty of time this time around.
    Last edited by Hazwan; 10-20-2008 at 04:37 PM.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

Damn you are busy busy! I do like the power window switch locations. Are those Audi / VW switches? Always loved those. Love the light click feel as opposed to the big chunky feel of the Accord. Though, I'm sure the Accord ones hold up a bit better.

I'm really surprised how well that center console fits in there... I may have another use for my extra console.