Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workshop Manual supplement

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Workshop Manual supplement

Ok so I'm slow...
    But I eventually got a cord for my scanner last month and have scanned (& cleaned up the jpgs a little) the Workshop Manual supplement for the 1980 EL Accord.
    It seemed a less daunting start than the proper 1979 Manual that I must start upon next.
    I'll also ask if there's an '81 supplement I can borrow from the local club. (I gather the '77 manual was a suppliment to a Civic manual....)
    just don't expect me to get around to either quickly

Was also thinking about the little owners manual.
    And the little green Starting instruction sheet that the dealers would slip on to the sunvisor.
    (if I find where I put that).

Where & how should we put it (zipped PDF?).
    Last edited by 79cord; 09-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Re: Workshop Manual supplement

Please scann it!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Full manual scans would be helpful

I've got couple of scans from Detlef already, but far from being complete.

I'd say register any free web hosting just to upload the files. Perhaps anybody else could recomend which site to use, its been a while since I have my own site lol

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

yes...we all could use the manual. we'l all owe u big time. i think zip format would be the best as it would be far easier to download rather than .pdf, hey hazwan, why dont u zip what u got for now. it would be a good start.....hehehe
    life is only what you make of it...

my dad with our 81' accord...

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

MSN: [email protected]
    YM: [email protected]

2ndGenGuy

I've got a place we can host it. PM me if you want to upload it and I'll make a sticky in the 1geez section for the download.

Vehicle

Ok, 1980 W/shop manual supplement.
    I've put its 100 odd pages togeather into a PDF file of 17.7 MB (18,576,774 bytes),

The complete '79 w/shop manual has more like 3-400 pages.....
    so it might be quicker if I start with what Hazwan already has if its of nice quality. The size of the '79 manual will make things more difficult to get it flat on the scanner & its contrast settings can easily lose details if set to black & white so I used the greyscale option.

Just to clarify that this HONDA manual supplement is for the European, Canadian, Australian & General export models with the 'EL' series engine (ie, most countries bar the US & JDM 'EK' engined Accords with the CVCC engine).
    Published late in '79 it was intended as a supplement to the more complete '79 w/shop manual to detail all the changes that were introduced for the 1980 model year..... So if you had an '81 Accord you would need the '79 w/shop manual, '80 supplement & '81 supplement to get all the details of your car !?!

The proper "Factory" manuals having major advantages over non-official manuals given the variety of specification Honda had for different markets & the constant changes Honda was making which many manuals were unable to detail properly.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Ha I get confused with the year of what I alraedy have lol.

Anyway I have these already in my computer right now, there might be more, but I'll find it later.

30-01 -> 30-14 (unknown year?)
    41-01 -> 41-26 ('79 manual)
    42-02 -> 42-13 (unknown year?)
    61-01 -> 61-16 (unknown year?)
    17-02 -> 17-20 (EL carb - supplement I think?)

Perhaps I should email them to you so you could verify which one is which?

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

I should start scanning in the 300+ page, 1981 US manual as well... And the 1984 US manual. Hell I should cut them up and autofeed them through our bulk scanner at work.

Vehicle

I wouldn't have the courage to break one up just to ease scanning. Unless we create a US EK-CVCC supplement
    hehe.

So did Honda America issue a full new 1981 Accord manual rather than multiple supplements? much neater.
    Last edited by 79cord; 09-23-2008 at 04:48 PM.

2ndGenGuy

Yeah my manual for my 81 is a full-on manual with no supplements. There was one for the SE I believe though. As there were supplements for the SE Accords in 83 and 85 as well.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I found couple more pages and I'll get it sent to ya ASAP.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

do get on it fast!!... u guys are amazing but i hope we have a lawyer on the site to ensure we dont get sued by ne1... its very difficult to get the manual for my 1g in malaysia.

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by haridev View Post
    do get on it fast!!... u guys are amazing but i hope we have a lawyer on the site to ensure we dont get sued by ne1... its very difficult to get the manual for my 1g in malaysia.
    Actually there are Hynes manual for 1gee in Taiping library, but some idiot torn some of the pages. Selfish bastard.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    I should start scanning in the 300+ page, 1981 US manual as well... And the 1984 US manual. Hell I should cut them up and autofeed them through our bulk scanner at work.
    I've always pulled my manuals apart and kept them in a three-ring binder. They lie flat on the car that way instead of constantly flopping closed. Makes it much easier. Lately, I've made a habit of scanning them to *.pdf too. The sheet feed scanner at work made that much easier.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Actually there are Hynes manual for 1gee in Taiping library, but some idiot torn some of the pages. Selfish bastard.
    bloody hell.....i soo wanna find the bastard!!!! seriously!!....in ipoh i only have the one meant for the prelude. nevermind there is another perak library just opened...il gv it a shot. does mph allow us to order the book according to ISBN? the last time i had to ask my aunt to get it from UK for me...

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

2ndGenGuy

Anybody who has any scans or any links to any manuals, PM me for my e-mail address and send me the files via YouSendIt. I will toss them up on my webserver, and link them from the 1geez Manual Sticky in the FAQ.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by haridev View Post
    bloody hell.....i soo wanna find the bastard!!!! seriously!!....in ipoh i only have the one meant for the prelude. nevermind there is another perak library just opened...il gv it a shot. does mph allow us to order the book according to ISBN? the last time i had to ask my aunt to get it from UK for me...
    I tried asking a frind who works at Times before and he said something like the book is too old, no more stock or something.

79cord, I tried sending you the email, but my internet/email is being gay lately. I'll try again, if that fails I'll send via YouSendIt instead.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

Talking Re: Workshop Manual supplement

2ndGenGuy Thanks for getting that up for us, great to have it available.

Balances the fact the http://nipponklassik.de/ brochures & magazine articles don't seem available online anymore....

Up to page 60 on the '79 manual..... slow process doing it page by page.... & I'll go go over them afterward with photoshop to cleanup as many shadows smuges & grease marks as I can...
    At least with it scanned I can print out sheets as I need them to work on the car & keep the book nice...
    Files still don't really replace a solid book. : )
    Still want to get a 1g Prelude book even though its the same mechanically as the Accord.

Hopefully those sections Detlef scanned for Hazwan will be good to mix in nicely.

Was it the Haynes or the Chiltons manual that didn't even recognise that the Accord got a completely new engine and gearbox for 1979 !
    Last edited by 79cord; 09-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 79cord View Post
    2ndGenGuy Thanks for getting that up for us, great to have it available.

Balances the fact the http://nipponklassik.de/ brochures & magazine articles don't seem available online anymore....

Up to page 60 on the '79 manual..... slow process doing it page by page.... & I'll go go over them afterward with photoshop to cleanup as many shadows smuges & grease marks as I can... at least with it scanned I can print out sheets as I need them to work on the car & keep the book nice...
    Files still don't really replace a solid book.

Hopefully those sections Detlef scanned for Hazwan will be good to mix in nicely.
    Hey I would be more than happy to help with photoshopping. Let me know!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

I like looking up all the specs for the different market variations listed & comparing.... but noticed it lists Canadian hondamatics as heavier than 5-speed but European hondamatics as lighter?
    13kg for Power steering... Australian & Canadians heavier for Door intrusion bars, Canadas heavier USA spec. bumpers... etc.

2ndGenGuy

Yes, this could easily get to be a very complicated matter. Perhaps I should list the book you sent me as "Australian?" As there may be differences in Canada and Europe? I figured that European would be good enough to cover them all...

Also, do you guys know any other sites we could find manuals? I know I've found some before but never bothered to download them... Definitely regret that now.

Cover is coming off of my 1981 Manual anyways. Maybe I'll get to work on it tonight. Also, if you guys run across any 2geez or 3geez or any pre 1990's honda stuff, then lemme know. I'd like to get those into my collection as well.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 09-25-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Vehicle

Check out the book, it says which market specifications if relates to.
    I've never seen any 1g Honda manuals about apart from the 1g Civic manual mentioned in that site/forum as a CD posted out for a fairly nominal figure.
    The 3Gen w/shop manual thread has some links to many modern Honda manuals...

& I guess you should have found the Honda600coupe site for its N/Z 360-600 manuals.

Otherwise I found that http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...CORD&Year=1981

Honda dealership online partsbook that could be 'forced' to show its older US spec Honda information for 600, Accord, Civic & Prelude.
    Last edited by 79cord; 09-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

heya john and friends... i page 40-41 of the cooling system for the 1g in pdf. il send it to john when i see him online next. hope it helps.... good luck and im looking forwards to the online manual....

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

79cord, did you get my PM with the link to the files?

I can't send the files by email and YouSendIt as both being gay.

And do let me know if you want me to help with cleaning up the manuals before uploading.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

So I got the files from Hazwan, they're pretty big! (was it 70Mb?)
    I haven't properly checked yet whether the page sizes were much different from the ones I did, to know if their size could be reduced any.
    Everyone happy with the quality of the Suppliment ?
    I'm not sure how big the manual would come out at that quality.... I still haven't really counted how many pages that is.

I was painting out all the image marks from the edges of the pages & empty portions on the pages to try & make sure they were properly empty.
    Didn't make much progress scanning recently though
    -(I'll blame painting some Prelude on the w/end)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055109/5
    Last edited by 79cord; 09-29-2008 at 03:14 PM.