Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad USDM dash yo!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Re: Mad USDM dash yo!

Man those stuffs are mint! I want the floor mats!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Damn son. I had a 78 hatch in the blue color, but I remember that color and the goldish color, too. The dashes all cracked, just like they all rusted on the rear sheetmetal. That interior is king. I've often wondered if the gauge set or just the speedo. could be put in an 81 Accord. The needles are different colors, but that shouldn't matter. The seats may be slightly different, but I know you can get it right if you decide to even go that route. And the OEM mats are MAdTyTe jDM y0!

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

those seats are butter and those floor mats are mad fresh!!!!!!!! you definately scored.. what color is your int, burgundy??

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

holy hell, wouldnt think they were 30 years old :O

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Sweet Jesus, lost. You're a genius! I don't suppose you might be able to scare one of those up for the tops of the door panels would you? I'd be real interested in that.
    are you talking about in the three g? the top parts of the door panels unscrew, after you take off the panel, they are easy to cover, if you have any cracked sections, like most of them are, just fix it on the back with fiberglass. I upholstered mine in blue, but the georgia sun has faded them bad, so i'm going to do them in that fake leather. I will try and find out who makes it, it's expensive,but it stretches really really well. like the oem vinal. those door top sections are pretty easy to do.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

omg! SCORE!!!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    are you talking about in the three g? the top parts of the door panels unscrew, after you take off the panel, they are easy to cover, if you have any cracked sections, like most of them are, just fix it on the back with fiberglass. I upholstered mine in blue, but the georgia sun has faded them bad, so i'm going to do them in that fake leather. I will try and find out who makes it, it's expensive,but it stretches really really well. like the oem vinal. those door top sections are pretty easy to do.
    Yeah, the 3g. Mine are all cracked. I'd probably take a shot at re-upholstering them, but I don't really want to deal with contact cement or anything noxious. I might just take the vinyl portion of the panels to the upholstery shop and let them deal with it.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1984 Accord LX

Yeah, the 3g. Mine are all cracked. I'd probably take a shot at re-upholstering them, but I don't really want to deal with contact cement or anything noxious. I might just take the vinyl portion of the panels to the upholstery shop and let them deal with it.
    heres a how to on how to reupholster the doors in a 2g. its very similar on a 3
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=203

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

it's not that bad,just wear a full face respirator, the stuff i use you have to. if you do it yourself, don't use walmart or home depot glue, buy a gallon of glue from an upholstery shop. the "civilian" glue isn't made to take the heat and cold cycles in a car.

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

damn,..... i hazwan is gonna bug me bout this for awhile. i had a great find. in a bodyshop, under a pile of beaten body parts i found a whole 79'accord LX! the outside was a dull white but the interior!!! she had the same dash as what hazwan had with the chrome rims round the a/c vents and chrome rings round the meter cluster as well!!! the rest of the interior was burgundy and the door panels had a velour finish with chromes all over. also it had power windows all round! stock power windows! now i dont know if i wanna get the whole p.window set with the interior coz im really low on cash!!! what a pity......

as for 2genguy....... the floor mats are truely awesome. i might kill for such a find! i doubt malaysia had such floormats for their interior. anyway i have currently spent a lot of time this break cleaning up the velour of my interior seats and now they look really amazing but the foam could still do with some work. im also bent upon changine the parcelshelf and getting it repadded in either pvc or velour using the same pattern as the seats. i plan replace the rug as well as they look a little dated. i do know some soap and water could do wonders for it but i think im over the older rug. i think some now beige carpets could do the trick. thing is i got a great deal as the whole lot came to just US$100.. il take pics once im done. hehe.....its an irony that 2genguy, hazwan and now me are working on our interiors at the same period

regards, dev....
    life is only what you make of it...

my dad with our 81' accord...

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

MSN: [email protected]
    YM: [email protected]

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Wow man great find! The seats look great and the floormats.. damn good find!
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Beautiful condition. Sad the car was wrecked by dreamers though.
    I thought it would be easier for you to repaint a good dash black than repairing a cracked one, if reasonable ones were availible there.
    I suspect the dash cluster wiring & connectors might be a little different over the years but I'm sure that could be overcome.
    Hope you don't have any problems re-constructing the seats to fit the '81.
    Great to see the floor mats. Early style "H" for distinction!

You'll have to show us that LX interior Haridev. It would be interesting to see how Honda did the window switches. I wouldn't be surprised if slightly later Honda Window motors could fit straight to the original window regulators; tempted to try Honda Quintet motors availible here... but electric windows aren't such an issue on a two door ( I have been meaning to try attaching pull-rods to the swing-out rear window latches so they could be opened/closed more easily from the drivers seat!).

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by haridev View Post
    damn,..... i hazwan is gonna bug me bout this for awhile. i had a great find. in a bodyshop, under a pile of beaten body parts i found a whole 79'accord LX! the outside was a dull white but the interior!!! she had the same dash as what hazwan had with the chrome rims round the a/c vents and chrome rings round the meter cluster as well!!! the rest of the interior was burgundy and the door panels had a velour finish with chromes all over. also it had power windows all round! stock power windows! now i dont know if i wanna get the whole p.window set with the interior coz im really low on cash!!! what a pity......

as for 2genguy....... the floor mats are truely awesome. i might kill for such a find! i doubt malaysia had such floormats for their interior. anyway i have currently spent a lot of time this break cleaning up the velour of my interior seats and now they look really amazing but the foam could still do with some work. im also bent upon changine the parcelshelf and getting it repadded in either pvc or velour using the same pattern as the seats. i plan replace the rug as well as they look a little dated. i do know some soap and water could do wonders for it but i think im over the older rug. i think some now beige carpets could do the trick. thing is i got a great deal as the whole lot came to just US$100.. il take pics once im done. hehe.....its an irony that 2genguy, hazwan and now me are working on our interiors at the same period

regards, dev....
    I hate you.

Dude, post pics!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    81' Accord EX

lol....il try my best to get some pics...... actually i also have some pics in my owner's manual for the accord of mine. neway il see if i have time to take the pics or i just might take pics of the user's manual an send it to you guys......im becoming a massive slacker lately...
    life is only what you make of it...

my dad with our 81' accord...

Honda Accord 1981
    Mercedes 190E 1988
    Volkwagen 1200 1971

MSN: [email protected]
    YM: [email protected]

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by haridev View Post
    lol....il try my best to get some pics...... actually i also have some pics in my owner's manual for the accord of mine. neway il see if i have time to take the pics or i just might take pics of the user's manual an send it to you guys......im becoming a massive slacker lately...
    Remember, whatever you do, find or whatever that has something do with these Accords, take pics!

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Remember, whatever you do, find or whatever that has something do with these Accords, take pics!

its all 1G love right!??! ... we need pics on this site!! im taking my camera to wrecking yards whenever i go from now on to share what i find.. wish i had one before to show all the 1g accords ive seen prior to crushing (good and bad)..anything vintage 1g accord needs to be posted guys!! shit will never be seen again once there're crushed and gone!!......

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 81vintyminty View Post
    its all 1G love right!??! ... we need pics on this site!! im taking my camera to wrecking yards whenever i go from now on to share what i find.. wish i had one before to show all the 1g accords ive seen prior to crushing (good and bad)..anything vintage 1g accord needs to be posted guys!! shit will never be seen again once there're crushed and gone!!......
    Exactly! I have tons of pics of my junkyard trips and whatever I do to my car. Maybe I should post the pics I have at the junkyard while back..

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

Like this?

You guys should get Flickr accounts. Then we can make a 1geez pool of cars we find. You guys might even want to contribute to a 2geez pool of photos!

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

love these pictures!!!! this is the reallity of our late 70 early 80's honda's!! did you notice the black 2nd gen "S" model civic you have?!!?.. we need int pics =)... those 2nd gen accords are a dime a dozen and nothin special... . . great pics though.....
    Last edited by 81vintyminty; 10-11-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    You guys should get Flickr accounts. Then we can make a 1geez pool of cars we find. You guys might even want to contribute to a 2geez pool of photos!
    Do it! I'm uploading couple pics I currently have in this computer.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Digital pics. of old Accords are the win. I love to see those abandoned cars in the middle of a field of weeds. They've been sitting for years, sometimes you'll find a receipt or something in there from like 1987. Then, you go all CSI and reconstruct what went wrong with the car and why it sitting where it is. Then, you're like "Damn, there's that one (or 50) part I need that I couldn't find and it looks lonely. It's calling my name. ((Then, you get to digging around a little more, but you're worried about when your last tetanus shot was!)) I think someone from the board might need this bolt, switch, hinge, etc. I'm going to take a deep breath and grab it for them before I die of this stinch and these vermin" That's when we all win!

Vehicle
    84 Accord Hatchback, 92 Nissan 240sx Fastback

Wow thats awesome over here i can't find any donor cars, ive seen one and i grabbed a few parts off of it then it quickly went to the crusher.

thanks mkymonkey