Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me introduce myself

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

Re: Let me introduce myself

Wow! Straight body. Straight Interior. Straight paint. DAMN! If i had that car i'd drop it and slap some oldskool meshie enkies

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by nswst8 View Post
    Now, lets see the engine bay.

Here it is----it's very stock and quite uneventful........thanks for the kind words everyone. I am definately going to like it here.

Vehicle
    '88 civic wagon

Quote Originally Posted by G. White View Post

Here it is----it's very stock and quite uneventful........thanks for the kind words everyone. I am definately going to like it here.
    Any plans? This car has so much potential.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Alright, Its been converted to R134a. If it seems to be losing charge Its probably going to be at the Suction side of the compressor and then in the evap housing. Clean that up and change out the o-rings on the expansion valve. You'll be cool for the summer.

Your low on power steering fluid. Pressure line coming from the P/S pump is nortorious for failing $90 from Advance discount but your probably seeping some from the rack via the inner tie rods bellows.

Put in a Cold air intake. Frabricate one yourself. "LET HER BREATHE"

Get a after market header DC if you can find one. Pacesetter will work fine with moderate modification. "LET HER BREATHE"

Larger diameter exhaust "LET HER BREATHE"

These will increase MPG and get alittle more performance. Just putting the DC on I got another 50 miles per tank.
    Phil

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by codyJDM View Post
    Any plans? This car has so much potential.
    First off.....I am going to do the homemade cai. JC Whitney raised the price of the tubing to 35.99+shipping- guess I'll just have to man up and buy it. I also have a brand new MSD 6A box thats been sitting in my garage for about a year from a previous project. I could come up with a blaster or accel coil and do the ignition upgrade but I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference?

Future plans...I was thinking fat five wheels, 1.5" drop, with the front perches cut 1/2". Suspension rebuild w/ bushings, balljoints, shocks ect. (Because it is getting to that point.) I snagged the alternator off of a 95 legend a couple weeks ago...A4g spoiler painted to match. Oil filter sandwhich plate with gauge if I can find a nice place to mount it without hacking anything up. I would like to do the obd0 to obd1 conversion---I know about the ecu and the adapter harnesses involved but the dizzy is a little sketchy.

I have a hesitation problem accelerating when the engine is cold..but that is a different thread and different time.

All in all it should be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

Alright, Its been converted to R134a. If it seems to be losing charge Its probably going to be at the Suction side of the compressor and then in the evap housing. Clean that up and change out the o-rings on the expansion valve. You'll be cool for the summer.

Your low on power steering fluid. Pressure line coming from the P/S pump is nortorious for failing $90 from Advance discount but your probably seeping some from the rack via the inner tie rods bellows.

These will increase MPG and get alittle more performance. Just putting the DC on I got another 50 miles per tank.
    Phil, you have got one hell of an eye. From now on I will call you the car whisperer. I read your post and had to get a cup of coffee. Because this is going to get good.
    When I bought the car, the guy from the dealership driving it got all the way to my house and a seal in the rack and pinion blew out and coated the street with PS fluid. They replaced the whole unit free of charge but now that I think of it...I had to add a lot of fluid (the honda stuff of course) when I got the car back so that means they didn't check the level after installation and ops checks.
    Further investigation would reveal (from previous owner) jiffy lube stickers inside my door jam and hood. 10 bucks those monkeys always topped the PS fluid off with just what ever they had available and not the almighty Honda approved PS fluid. The elixir of the gods. Over the years it probably took its toll on the seals and prematurely blew out.

After reading your post and taking a trip to the garage, it donned on me that the flud is still dirty looking even after the self purging and my fluid addition so it definately will get flushed this weekend. Who knows what is in there? First steering wheel turn of the morning gives me a little shudder/vibration but its fine after that no noises, squealing ect. PS pump giving up the ghost? Belt tension? Rack and pinion needs bleeding????

The AC was converted by the dealership and started blowing hot air after 2 weeks. When I took off the low side cap I could see the the refridgerant seeping from the charging valve. Those guys put the conversion ports on the lines and didn't bother to change the valve cores (that the rubber o-rings fell off in my hands). So with all that replaced and my harbor freight charging manifold in hand the AC now blows cubes.

Lastly..I am thrilled to hear about the DC manifold getting you an extra 50 miles to the tank. I get anywhere from 370 to 450 miles per tank depending on how much city/hwy driving I do...and that's refueling with 1.5 to 2.3 gallons remaining in the tank. So with that header I can do some real damage to the oil companies and stick it to the man. Thanks for the info!

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Yeah, I agree do a flush on the p/s system. Easy day.

A/C if you start to loose pressure depending on what compressor you have (Keihin, denso) I had the Keihin that held R134a for 11 years. I believe that the compressor was still good, I just took the lazy way and didn't want to do the evaporator cleaning. The expansion valve o-ring is the weak link in the evap housing.

Now it will be dificult and expensive to locate a DC sports header. But a pacesetter will suffice with modification. But these are things that can come in time.

Oh and I forgot, "WELCOME TO THE SITE"
    Phil

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Yeah, I agree do a flush on the p/s system. Easy day.
    I had black dirty PS fluid for some time. It weighed on my mind but I had other things to do. When my pump started to hang up coming off the freeway every day, I flushed the fluid. The problem subsided. Three flushes later, it's still black, but less so. I consider that a 15k mile maintenance item. Changing a rack suuuuuuucks.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

hey...im messyhonda....and i love your coupe

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1987 Lx-i sedan auto (totalled), 1989 Lx-i coupe 5spd (sold), 1988 Lx-i 4 Door 5-speed

first off... amazing coupe... with that many miles.. she's going to serve you well.. like most of the guys said.. keep her maintained.. thats a must.. oh yea welcome to 3geez!

im tom btw..
    -Tom

1988 4 Door Lx-i 5-speed
    364,XXX and counting :]

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

holy clean accord batman!!!

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

I CAME!!!!!!!
    im going to go change my underpants now...................

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Accord View Post

I CAME!!!!!!!

CLEAN Accord, I love it!
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    1987 Lx-i sedan auto (totalled), 1989 Lx-i coupe 5spd (sold), 1988 Lx-i 4 Door 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Accord View Post

I CAME!!!!!!!
    wow
    -Tom

1988 4 Door Lx-i 5-speed

Vehicle
    '88 civic wagon

Seriously though, this car is so unbelievably clean. You are soo lucky to have that thing.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by codyJDM View Post
    Seriously though, this car is so unbelievably clean. You are soo lucky to have that thing.
    i agree.. never seen a 3g that clean.. especialy stock
    -Tom

1988 4 Door Lx-i 5-speed

I am ZackieDarko and I approve of this n00b.

I lived in Peoria for 7 months (04/05) NICE weather.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

what happen to this guy

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

I'm still around.............I get on the site every day/ just don't post that much. There's so much knowledge floating around from members that have owned a 3gee longer than I have that I don't need to throw in my 2 cents. Thanks for the compliments. You guys rock!

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

WoW.. this thread must have been opened when I was in long sleep from 3Geez..
    Man I must admit, Your car is NICE, IF You ever get tired of it, PM me , man thats clean, just some engine polish and paint, and she will be like new.. Keep on good work...
    I dream of a Coup, since they were never sold in Europe..

I mean it

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i coupe

That is the cleanest, nicest looking 3gee I have seen. That thing is just begging to be preserved in a museum. Take good care of that one.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

thats one clean stock accord....the outcome going to be good i see it already

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi hatchback--white with maroon

Im not sure how to quote yet but Dark Accord, your little post with "fap fap fap" made me laugh literally until I cried--That shit was so funny and completely unexpected---Im still laughing