Thread: H22

H22

ok ok i know its hard to put in our cars.. but i was talking to my cousin and he told me i should do it.. so i need a list of things i need to do to make it work..

so please no flaming or w/e im being serious.. so let me know.. thanks.
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    gold 88 accord lx

Re: H22

do you have a donor car? thats where i would start. it would supply you with prpbably 80% of what you are going to need anyhow.

do you always do what your cousin says?

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Okay man not gonna flam you but your gonna spend more the what your car is worth or double yeah it can be done with custom motor mounts which i can say GOOD LUCK that block is Long so idk.....Its been done try contacting tha guy who did it i dont remember....OH u better have DEEP POCKETS

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    Okay man not gonna flam you but your gonna spend more the what your car is worth or double yeah it can be done with custom motor mounts which i can say GOOD LUCK that block is Long so idk.....Its been done try contacting tha guy who did it i dont remember....OH u better have DEEP POCKETS
    yeah i know my cousin can fab me up some mounts.. so idk oh the guy who did it was Johnny o, ive asked him how much he spent but never got a reply back.. but idk.. its still up in the air..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    Spend more then your car is worth? but its ok to put a full turbo kit on it,of course with intercooler,OBD-1 ,injectors,tuning etc ? your the guy whos bombing the track with an intercooler hanging off the front of your car ?

wp
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord View Post
    Spend more then your car is worth? but its ok to put a full turbo kit on it,of course with intercooler,OBD-1 ,injectors,tuning etc ? your the guy whos bombing the track with an intercooler hanging off the front of your car ?

wp
    who me? lol i dont have no intercooler..
    one day I'll return.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Don't even start the thread until you have the motor/tranny/ecu and your car all taken apart..
    If I had an h22, I'd put it in my car.
    The h22 is also cheaper than the vtec b series. I have a vtec b series in my hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory View Post
    Don't even start the thread until you have the motor/tranny/ecu and your car all taken apart..
    If I had an h22, I'd put it in my car.
    The h22 is also cheaper than the vtec b series. I have a vtec b series in my hatch.
    lol this isnt a start thread its just what i need to think about if i do decide to do it.. i need to know about everything so i can research and come up with prices and my budgets.. so i know if i can handle it or not..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord View Post

wp
    LOl i dont even got my kit on yet and my kit dont even cost more then my car man.....an yes i got managment and intercooler and so on lol...but yea u dont even know what i got I got bout 1200 in my kit so far but yeah.......IM not that guy wit the intercooler hanging out off my car LMAO u must be confused brother
    Last edited by Rendon LX-i; 10-09-2008 at 10:34 PM.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Quote Originally Posted by 86ccord View Post
    lol this isnt a start thread its just what i need to think about if i do decide to do it.. i need to know about everything so i can research and come up with prices and my budgets.. so i know if i can handle it or not..
    You don't even know whow many people PM me about swaps. I always just say, the only way you're really going to know is if you just jump into it. No one is going to be able to break it down for you that precisely. So if you start a "feeler thread" or whatever, that already tells me you aren't going to do it..

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

You don't even know whow many people PM me about swaps. I always just say, the only way you're really going to know is if you just jump into it. No one is going to be able to break it down for you that precisely. So if you start a "feeler thread" or whatever, that already tells me you aren't going to do it..
    specially this swap since not many have done.. theres only two that i knw of that have done it.. so try them, no one else is gonna know it here.... and i would take accordtheory's advice, if youre serious about this..which im sure youll end up backing out, sorry.....
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

thanks for all the support guys..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

I say that if you're gonna do it, then do it. There are gonna be problems that you run into along the way that nobody here can help you with, not because we don't know what you're doing, but because we aren't right there helping you along with it. However, if you run into a specific issue (ie throwing codes or need a part number etc) we can probably dig it up for you.

Things we can't tell you are

"how much will it cost" This you find out when you buy all the shit. For any of us to find out, we'd have to go buy all the shit. You're doing the swap, that's your job.

"How do you make the mounts" Well, you're doing the swap. Look at what the factory mounts do and how do you replicate this in your car? It's up to you to answer that question.

"does it fit" Once you buy it and stuff it in, it'll be obvious.

"axles" Research.

If you're determined and half assed intelligent, you can make all sorts of things work that most people think are impossible. Just go and do it.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar View Post
    I say that if you're gonna do it, then do it. There are gonna be problems that you run into along the way that nobody here can help you with, not because we don't know what you're doing, but because we aren't right there helping you along with it. However, if you run into a specific issue (ie throwing codes or need a part number etc) we can probably dig it up for you.

Things we can't tell you are

"how much will it cost" This you find out when you buy all the shit. For any of us to find out, we'd have to go buy all the shit. You're doing the swap, that's your job.

"How do you make the mounts" Well, you're doing the swap. Look at what the factory mounts do and how do you replicate this in your car? It's up to you to answer that question.

"does it fit" Once you buy it and stuff it in, it'll be obvious.

"axles" Research.

If you're determined and half assed intelligent, you can make all sorts of things work that most people think are impossible. Just go and do it.
    lol thanks bro that's what im lookin for.. i just have to ask johnny o how much he paid in a ball park.. im just looking for "thoughts" right now.. thats it.. honestly.. i just need some things to think about before i go and make a final decision
    one day I'll return.

2ndGenGuy

There's nothing to think about really. You just have to realize that you either want an H22 Accord or you don't. If you do, then it's going to cost retarded amounts of money, and time all of which you will NEVER get back. If you just want a cheap, quick car, you could probably build an H22 Civic for less money, less time, and get better performance and support. But if your only desire is to have an H22 3gee then just go get the first H22 you find and start doing it. Don't waste your time thinking about it ahead of time. Get your old engine out, get the H22 up on the lift, and see what it's going to take from there. You can think until your head turns blue, and you're still going to run into a ton of unexpected issues.

I've been fiddle fucking around "thinking" about what I want to do to my 2gee, and one night I wondered why the hell I still have an 80hp car. I just decided that I want a B20A, so I got it paid for, and it's hopefully on it's way soon. There's going to be tons of problems making it fit in my 2nd gen. But I'm not waiting around for anybody to make me the parts or tell me how to do it or what the exact steps are going to be. As soon as that engine gets here, the old ES is coming out, and the B20A is dropping in. I'll see what it needs then. Nothing wrong with planning ahead a bit, but if you don't start buying what you know you need now (the H22), and doing what you know you need to do (rip out the A20), you'll be like me and be stuck with your stock motor for a long ass time.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 10-11-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Lx-i

H22a SIR, $4K, thats the correct motor that i hear will fit, when i say fit not directly of course. but any engine can fit in a accord... :P depends on what u want to spend. i've read some threads searchin on google about h22a SIR in the 3rd gen accord. some honda form.. i wish i could remember it it said the axels and everything to use for the 3geez.. ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    There's nothing to think about really. You just have to realize that you either want an H22 Accord or you don't. If you do, then it's going to cost retarded amounts of money, and time all of which you will NEVER get back. If you just want a cheap, quick car, you could probably build an H22 Civic for less money, less time, and get better performance and support. But if your only desire is to have an H22 3gee then just go get the first H22 you find and start doing it. Don't waste your time thinking about it ahead of time. Get your old engine out, get the H22 up on the lift, and see what it's going to take from there. You can think until your head turns blue, and you're still going to run into a ton of unexpected issues.

I've been fiddle fucking around "thinking" about what I want to do to my 2gee, and one night I wondered why the hell I still have an 80hp car. I just decided that I want a B20A, so I got it paid for, and it's hopefully on it's way soon. There's going to be tons of problems making it fit in my 2nd gen. But I'm not waiting around for anybody to make me the parts or tell me how to do it or what the exact steps are going to be. As soon as that engine gets here, the old ES is coming out, and the B20A is dropping in. I'll see what it needs then. Nothing wrong with planning ahead a bit, but if you don't start buying what you know you need now (the H22), and doing what you know you need to do (rip out the A20), you'll be like me and be stuck with your stock motor for a long ass time.
    as you brought to my attention it made me think... hmm i may just paint my 3gee and restore it nice wheels and inside.. and just make a retarded fast civic..
    one day I'll return.

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord Si

if you can get it to obd1 and you can competantly weld you will be right....fucking around with the b20a could just as easily cost you more..and it will down the track..think about finding and shipping that 5 speed...not to mention all the retro fitting of parts from the prelude to get it to work....any newer engine will allways be better for reliability and parts...

theres conversion harnesses for the 4g accord f22 - h22 prelude
    they could save some time if your obd1 conversion allows for it...could be ones for the civic and integra ecus also google action

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

86 Accord you are getting spot on support with where you are at in this idea.
    Every swap will present with it's own unique package of set backs, even direct bolt in swaps like the B20a, trust me. As you encounter those set backs, you will find support here from somebody even if it is just me cuz I will research it for you if I have time.
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 10-12-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Yeah, but Civics is not that exiting as 3Geez, the point is to have an old car with lots of power, so when you stop at the stop light and some civic kid want to beat you, youll show hem that hes D14z is POS
    to have car like this is like knowing you are a millionaire and nothing matters.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
    Yeah, but Civics is not that exiting as 3Geez, the point is to have an old car with lots of power, so when you stop at the stop light and some civic kid want to beat you, youll show hem that hes D14z is POS
    to have car like this is like knowing you are a millionaire and nothing matters.
    true..hmm idk its still up in the air.. i love this car cause its not something you see out on the road on a regular basis..
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

There's going to be tons of problems making it fit in my 2nd gen. But I'm not waiting around for anybody to make me the parts ....
    Yes you are! (giggle!)

I'll see what it needs then. Nothing wrong with planning ahead a bit, but if you don't start buying what you know you need now (the H22), and doing what you know you need to do (rip out the A20), you'll be like me and be stuck with your stock motor for a long ass time.
    Ha! I changed careers over two years ago so my engine swap would work, and it's still not done. No time for swap when you gotta drive it to work. Shoulda stayed unemployed....
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

LX User
    Vehicle
    10 sec 87 honda accord Lx-i

I am sorry but i spent alot of money on it but in my case it was 4k just to the chassis guy buy mine is totally race only with alot of suspension work. I did alot with the turbo set-up and the ecu. I have been crazy busy, with my house and everything else. I have all the parts to put my car back together but no time. Everything is just sitting in my shop. Any questions hit me up and i will try to answer it. I am sorry or you can hit me up on my cel 203-430-3394.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar View Post
    Ha! I changed careers over two years ago so my engine swap would work, and it's still not done. No time for swap when you gotta drive it to work. Shoulda stayed unemployed....
    But then you won't have the money to do the work!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    87 hatch lxi

a guy in yakima . the town i live in did it in like a week and thhe car runs awesome . its a hatchback and its very fast. hhe also hooked up a switch to the v tech so it only comes on whhen he wants it to.it aint all that bad ass with it off but when u turn it on it gets up and goes like crazy
    Last edited by 89sei89dx; 11-11-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: no need to post. somone will get angry im sure