Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rendon Lx-I Boosted Sedan Build

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Re: The OFFICAL RENDON LX-i TURBO THREAD

I'm not criticizing you just trying to save you a head ache down the road. Your project looks like its gonna be quite fun to drive since you will be able to get boost almost instantaneously.

I'm working on building the spare motor right now since the the one in the car has low compression on two of the cylinders so instead of seeing how long it would go till it blew I'm just building a new motor. I'm also going to be running a bigger turbo. I'm probably going to have to get a half size radiator like your running also. How much did you get yours for?

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Oh man im not getting mad at you at all lol im just telling you i agree lol...Oh 75 shipped really cheap dude... you have to cut a little off but at the end it will look like stock...but Im going to try to get it tunned regradless with wat i have. but I just hope nothing goes wrong. But ya ill let u know heads up how it goes....I dont know shit bout tune mayb the basics you know.

Rendon

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

UPDATE IT RUNS....got the accord started today runs good but my wastegate aint working with me very good boost hit then drops sooo im confused no leaks and what not. no smoke Open dp lol....heres the link u can hear my wg give out lol.. i made a arm and didnt hold up...im just going to weld it here the vid thou short and not the great but it runs and going to get it tuned in portland but need new plugs and gaped low 28 and IM selling my MSD ingition if anyone wants it for 150 plus shipping has been rebuilt since it went out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CayYartKbSo
    Last edited by Rendon LX-i; 11-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

nice job man! thats very cool to see! looking forward to seeing some vids once its all tuned

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

niiice. I fuckin love the paint. sweet ass 3g. one of the forum's best among many

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

oh hells yeah sweet!!!!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

Thanks guys........getting the downpipe in next week exhuast shops are busy for some bs reason...but i give u some pics of it all done....

Rendon

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

It's okay. The exhaust shops in Longview wouldn't build me a downpipe if I paid. Literally. I tried 3 of them, and they all told me to get lost... I even offered to buy the mandrel bends since they can't bend anything decent in town. Still no go...

Looks like its coming along, keep up your momentum.

Vehicle

I know huh lol....Those guys are to much he likes next week bring it in and ill see what i can do if he cant. then me and my buddy can do it he owns a exhaust shop so well do it decent enought but i want to drive it bad man lol i miss driving it....My scion dont feel as good as my accord lol thanks thou man...I got the came gear fixed to it was a pain in the ass lol...slap that on so i can time it better. U think 8psi alot i saw no smoke or nothing and so idk im going to put the boost control on if i have to but i heard u get boost creep but ill let you know

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

SEi User
    Vehicle

Congrats on getting it running!

OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    I know huh lol....Those guys are to much he likes next week bring it in and ill see what i can do if he cant. then me and my buddy can do it he owns a exhaust shop so well do it decent enought but i want to drive it bad man lol i miss driving it....My scion dont feel as good as my accord lol thanks thou man...I got the came gear fixed to it was a pain in the ass lol...slap that on so i can time it better. U think 8psi alot i saw no smoke or nothing and so idk im going to put the boost control on if i have to but i heard u get boost creep but ill let you know
    what kinda scion ? tc?

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

yeah scion tc 5spd...its fast and all but dont feel solid as my accord...im going to drop the scion and put a header on it ,since i got a baby on the way i need a reliable car.

Rendonlxi

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

SEi User
    Vehicle

I wouldn't go to far over 8psi if you want to keep it reliable.

OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

looks good so far man... wish i didnt have to scrap my turbo plans.. such is life.. keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    i think he was talking about keeping his scion reliable

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    well i know my motor up for it good compression and no leaks but its lack of management safc,btm,450,255pump...its reasonable but idk really trying to get that wideband...ill lower it forsure thou if it to much....Thanks for the info man

Rendon

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    looks good so far man... wish i didnt have to scrap my turbo plans.. such is life.. keep it up

i think he was talking about keeping his scion reliable
    yeah thats what i meant.....my scion beening reliable. i dont care if my accord blows i just bluid another motor up for boost. This motor wanst intended for boost but should b okay with 9.1 compression. I just want it to last lol....i should be okay ill know when i take it out on the highway. Im having issues with my acturater its geting stuck not boosting right at all its binding up for the fact that i extended the flaper so i can connect the acturater arm to it. well doing that making it bind up....thats the only problem i having...I wish the made some universal ones...Ill figure something out..sorry for long post lol and bad spelling

Rendonlxi

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

Well i got the Actuator all done did a L bracket with braces and lots of brazing lol im not good at it but gets er done... here some pics i snaped last night

I just wanted to thow that one in lol

Rendonlxi

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

sweet!!! now we need some full boost pull videos!!!!
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle

yeah i know last time i was like wtf there no boost but this should do it. i havent took it out yet but i post a vid once i take it for a ride

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

UPDATE:

Car is all done and boosting 8lbs steady and strong. My buddy came back from sckool and he did some tunning and was not happy with my SAFC....he said you need obd1 converstion and wideband but we manage to get it close...All i got to say is holy shit. I took her out saturday night and people kept calling me out so i did one race to see what i can do..no traction what so ever in first gear and 2nd but the car i raced was a 93 civic hatch with Minime swap and chipped ecu...was quick but not quick enought...on 2nd i pulled like nothing he was like wtf lol....other then that she good ill post vids and pics this week guys...just wanted to let you know whats up...i had a exhuast leak on the manifold gaskets so i had to replace em...but man i love it boost now.

I have some q's thou....My turbo spoools way to quick lol i know thats normal for a t25, but is it Okay for it to spool like that when your going 60 and your going up a hill an spooling 5 maybe 6lbs? reason asking i was going up a hill and it was doing that i dont want to blow her up just cause that reason even thou im not putting a heavy load...Or maybe i have that 272 cam causing it to spool early...well let me know guys thanks

Rendonlxi

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    UPDATE:

Car is all done and boosting 8lbs steady and strong. My buddy came back from sckool and he did some tunning and was not happy with my SAFC....he said you need obd1 converstion and wideband but we manage to get it close...All i got to say is holy shit. I took her out saturday night and people kept calling me out so i did one race to see what i can do..no traction what so ever in first gear and 2nd but the car i raced was a 93 civic hatch with Minime swap and chipped ecu...was quick but not quick enought...on 2nd i pulled like nothing he was like wtf lol....other then that she good ill post vids and pics this week guys...just wanted to let you know whats up...i had a exhuast leak on the manifold gaskets so i had to replace em...but man i love it boost now.

I have some q's thou....My turbo spoools way to quick lol i know thats normal for a t25, but is it Okay for it to spool like that when your going 60 and your going up a hill an spooling 5 maybe 6lbs? reason asking i was going up a hill and it was doing that i dont want to blow her up just cause that reason even thou im not putting a heavy load...Or maybe i have that 272 cam causing it to spool early...well let me know guys thanks

Rendonlxi
    its not the greatest thing for it to be boosting all the time... what you can try doing is upgrading to a big 16g, it'll give you more topend which will make you have better traction and it'll feel a lot more powerful. Eventually upgrade to a t3/t4. it spools up just perfect on the a20
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle

Yeah there is no problem with the turbo being at 5-10psi for a while when dragging up hills. When I took my WRX up the mountain passes it was in boost a looooong time, just the nature of small turbo and a hill.

But yeah you should definitely have a 14b or a 16g on there... way better suited for the a20 IMO.

Vehicle

lol yeah i was looking into a 16 my buddy gots one from a evo so im going to get that off his hands. but all in all it feels great and now im a officaly sleeper intell you hear my turbo spool lol...the guy with the civic was like wtf how u manage to do that lol....3geezs son lol..

Rendon

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

that reminds me of monday....i was coming out of the freeway and this like 94 civic comes next to me and its a red light....he takes off fast so do i....in first we were next to each other but on 2nd gear i pulled on him....at the next light he gave me the thumbs up..haha....its not that hard going OBD1....for me the hardest part was getting the dizzy...i was lucky to get an already moded one...but its easy...just cut off the tabs the f22 dizzy and rewelded them to the a20 pattern...some grinding and bam...obd1

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

and what bout your ecu...what you use...how u wire that messy

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC