Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B20A fuel issue

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Thumbs up Re: B20A fuel issue

Quote Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD View Post
    OK lets get this straight what i did for bullard123 i took his Ph3 85-86 ecu i pulled the chip out of it copy the maps off of it then re-burned the maps to a new chip (27C256) then i put it in a chipped Pk2 ecu and i all so sent him the chip that Carotman made me for my pk2 for he can compare them since i am not using the PK2 ecu anymore so i have no way to compare them and by using the Pk2 he did not have to change any of the wires now using the 85-86 PH3 you would need to change like five or six wires but the 85-86 PH3 also uses the older intake unlike the intake you have now.The Pk2 i sent to you is the one i was using in my accord before i went OBD-1 and it was working fine when i pulled it out that way i gave it to you. Now for the Ph3 i thought it was sent back to you so i asked my wife she was the one who boxed it up for me she told me she did not put it in the box she put it in the storage so i will get it out over the weekend and send it to you some time next week to you so if you feel i did you Wong all i can say is Sorry i was just trying to help you the best way i can.
    Oh no you are fine Tommy. I knew it must have been a slight mix up. No big deal :thumbup: You have helped me out a whole lot with this B20A swap! I don't know if the gold top will give me more horsepower or not but it will answer a lot of questions about the blacktop B20A with goldtop parts

Re: B20A fuel issue

Quote Originally Posted by bullard123 View Post
    Oh no you are fine Tommy. I knew it must have been a slight mix up. No big deal :thumbup: You have helped me out a whole lot with this B20A swap! I don't know if the gold top will give me more horsepower or not but it will answer a lot of questions about the blacktop B20A with goldtop parts
    tommy your good bro. bullard and i didn't realize he didn't have the ph3 ecu till yesterday. thats why i edited the post that said he had the ph3.i guess he thought you put the ph3 guts n the pk2 case?idk..This whole experience was confusing for me, and I'll admit that openly. hell i had to figure out why everything was done the way it was done. what he had and what he was suppose to have.i didn't mean for you to feel like you were being called out. sorry if you felt that way.
    on a side note you did a dam good job on the adapter harness (0 issues).PM me a price on a 89 a20 to 0BD1 with sheilded wires to a f22 dist plug.

this has been one huge group effort and finally the car is done!
    You guy's did all the hard work an nobody can take that away. B20A krew ftmfw...

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

Good to hear you have it all settled out boys. Nice job.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

That's great you were able to help bullard out! How is it running after getting rid of all the problems?

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

Yeah what i want to know is if it still bogs down hard when you open the throttle from idle of does it have good response like it should..??

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    Yeah what i want to know is if it still bogs down hard when you open the throttle from idle of does it have good response like it should..??
    Yes it runs great! The secondaries are opening up which makes a great difference. No check engine lights either. Time for the dyno! The only thing i see it that its idling at about 1200-1400 rpm's
    Last edited by bullard123; 11-01-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    That's great you were able to help bullard out! How is it running after getting rid of all the problems?
    She is runing like a champ. I still can't believe this motor is stock besides the short ram intake i have on it. Im loving the high revs it has and the fuel milage is way better. I drove it all of yesterday and the fuel guage barely moved. Im gonna takes some vids of it later

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    i am just glad that he Finally Gets to enjoy driving it....it sure beats watching it sit there.lol

it doesn't bog or stutter and it revs nice and smooth.
    Yes it runs great! The secondaries are opening up which makes a great difference. No check engine lights either. Time for the dyno! The only thing i see it that its idling at about 1200-1400 rpm's
    try and adjust the throttle plate. close it alil bit.

She is running like a champ. I still can't believe this motor is stock besides the short ram intake i have on it. I'm loving the high revs it has and the fuel mileage is way better. I drove it all of yesterday and the fuel guage barely moved. I'm gonna takes some vids of it later
    I see,Isee,Iseee, I see new tires in your future. hahaha

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

lol thats mean how it runs good now. i knew i didnt send you a dud motor :) i only sell quality engines haha.

sooooo the motor has this much power again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9M-piDPKU <--thats bullards engine

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

lol thats mean how it runs good now. i knew i didnt send you a dud motor :) i only sell quality engines haha.

sooooo the motor has this much power again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9M-piDPKU <--thats bullards engine
    Yes its a good motor. Has lots of power. I never asked you what type of ecu you was running with it?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

it ran a stock blacktop ph3

i don't think bullard is willing to do that..you know what you did in the vid.

but i am! bring that bitch over here and we will roast some rubber for dinner!

maybe i will light up the slicks for desert.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

aparently skids kills diffs so i would avoid skidding a b20a lol (learnt from previous fails)

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Ok vids are up! Check out the first two vids
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=45667437

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

sounds like a blast, congrats on the improvment!

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

got to love short gears and more hp....that just equals more fun

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned