Thread: possibly unusual sei brake swap and interesting story on the dangers of foggy windows

DX User
    Vehicle
    89\90 accord lx 4dr

possibly unusual sei brake swap and interesting story on the dangers of foggy windows

Long story first

So i kinda reversed my car into a shipping container at 30- ish kph
    Naturally, go figure, slamming into a container seems to be the best thing ive done to my car, because i wouldnt have looked in the local buy sell and find a unregistered unwarrented 85 jdm sei available for $500

I also got lucky in that between where i hit the container, the fact that i saw it at the last second and mashed the brakes, that the damage involved was only a half folded boot door, a bent boot door hinge that didnt damage where it meets with the frame, and about 10cm of drivers side rear panel getting mashed into the boot, carefully looking at it, none of the damage got transferred further up.

Also i found the tiny leak that lets the water in that fogs up my rear windows, so once ive fixed everything including that, hopefully i will see any future shipping containers sometime sooner than one second before i hit them

So as the title says before that long piece of drama, whats involved in a sei brake swap?
    i know theres already quite a bit of stuff available on how to do this, but ive noticed quite a few subtle things already while stripping down the sei, so i guess the important question is, whats the hidden snags that im sure exists when swapping the brakes from a 85 jdm sei to a 90 nzdm lx?

EDIT: Also, how do i test the ionising air cleaner? it didnt work before i removed it but i want to know if it was just a fault with a switch or wiring, all of which is now in a pile waiting to be put into my car once the rear ends sorted.
    Last edited by [LoD]Miseryland; 11-18-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Reason for Editing: to edit of course

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Re: possibly unusual sei brake swap and interesting story on the dangers of foggy win

JDM SE-i?

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

Re: possibly unusual sei brake swap and interesting story on the dangers of foggy win

May be JDM Si (with B20A imported from Japan)?
    I believe, JDM Si and USDM SE-i share same rear brake and disk.
    Front brake are different though (JDM=2 pistons, USDM=1 pistons)
    Do you have JDM Si with 2 piston front caliper?

DX User
    Vehicle
    89\90 accord lx 4dr

ah just checked, donor cars a jdm 2.0si, its got a b20a engine, auto
    the one being fixed is a nzdm lx a20a2

I also found all the doors but the drivers one are electrically the same as the nzdm, the jdm door has three plugs, nzdm only has two, something else to work out

i would have been tempted to just keep the si intact but between the rust its got and being unreg and unwarrented, its just too expensive to fix and re certify

Edit, REedit, Lol nevermind the last edit, already answered in this thread, hmm, may charge up my fone when i find it, meh i need a better camera lol
    Last edited by [LoD]Miseryland; 11-18-2008 at 03:21 PM.