Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1gee eBay and Craigslist Finds

2ndGenGuy

1gee eBay and Craigslist Finds

I'm starting a thread that we can dedicate to finds on eBay and Craigslist. This is a sticky thread. I thought it would be cool to just keep track of them in here. Preferably, take a screenshot and post it for when the ad goes down later.

2ndGenGuy

Re: 1gee eBay and Craigslist Finds

Here's a couple I found today:

Man, I'd love to pick up that SE.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 11-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Good idea man!
    Darn it, I would buy that silver one today as a parts car if it was by LA!
    Keep up the good work!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Somebody buy me that SE?

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Somebody buy me that SE?
    Send me $200, I'll go get it for ya.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Send me $200, I'll go get it for ya.
    I would, but shipping would rape me

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Hey 2gen, how far are you from Marysville?...lol
    I'm seriously thinking of coming up and bringing that '79 back to LA as a doner car for the '77 restoration.
    Only thing that bugs me is that it has the changes from '78 to '79 which make it not completely compatible engine wise.
    My engine/mechanicals are good though so I'm kicking it around.
    If it has zero rust/dents and the interior is good......it could be worth it.
    The stuff I need ie. roof, hood, fenders, hatch, dash, bumpers, cowl, side markers and taillight internal (not outside) should be the same.
    I might call the guy and see what he says.

2ndGenGuy

It's going to be iffy on the fenders and hood actually fitting. Like 79Cord said in the other thread, they made just slight minor changes to every little detail on the car year by year. The 78 and 79 might be compatible or close, but it's hard to say for sure. Might be usable.

I would be 98% certain you could drop that whole engine into your car though. Just make sure to use your transmission on that block. People swap around Civic, Prelude and Accord trannys from what I've seen all the time. You'd need everything off that motor, black boxes and all though. Probably will still be some minor differences, maybe throttle linkage, fuel line locations, minor things like that.

If you do decide you're interested, I might be able to arrange a time to go look at it. It's about 100 miles away, so do your research and make sure you're certain you want this parts car. I can give you the final stamp of approval.

I guarantee, though that if you're patient, we can find you an actual '77 with decent donor parts. Rust is pretty minimal here, despite all the rain we get. We have salt-free roads here, so cancer is usually minor. I've been trying so hard the last few months to get some free time to head up towards Seattle, as I hear rumor there is a yard with at least 10 1g Accords and some 1g Preludes as well. I'd love to go get all sorts of goodie bits and check them out!!! And hook people up with parts who could use them!
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 11-18-2008 at 10:21 PM.

2ndGenGuy

I know, not an Accord, but interesting anyways.

It's going to be iffy on the fenders and hood actually fitting. Like 79Cord said in the other thread, they made just slight minor changes to every little detail on the car year by year. The 78 and 79 might be compatible or close, but it's hard to say for sure. Might be usable.

I would be 98% certain you could drop that whole engine into your car though. Just make sure to use your transmission on that block. People swap around Civic, Prelude and Accord trannys from what I've seen all the time. You'd need everything off that motor, black boxes and all though. Probably will still be some minor differences, maybe throttle linkage, fuel line locations, minor things like that.

If you do decide you're interested, I might be able to arrange a time to go look at it. It's about 100 miles away, so do your research and make sure you're certain you want this parts car. I can give you the final stamp of approval.

I guarantee, though that if you're patient, we can find you an actual '77 with decent donor parts. Rust is pretty minimal here, despite all the rain we get. We have salt-free roads here, so cancer is usually minor. I've been trying so hard the last few months to get some free time to head up towards Seattle, as I hear rumor there is a yard with at least 10 1g Accords and some 1g Preludes as well. I'd love to go get all sorts of goodie bits and check them out!!! And hook people up with parts who could use them!
    Thanks.
    I was under the impression that the hood and fender metal was the same, just the trim pieces were different and could be put on from the '77. Maybe not.
    I'll have to find a '79 around here to compare to. The other reason I liked that
    one was the silver color which would be easier to prep and paint vs. a full color change etc.
    and I could use the black dash, door panels, plastic trim pieces, carpet etc.
    In California, I can't change the engine comfortably because I risk them discovering it's an engine swap to a different model which would be smog illegal.
    I called the guy but he hasn't set up his voice mail yet....lol....I'm still trying to contact him.
    Thanks for the offer, I'll be sure it's the car first. I might just fly up to see it as I can fly for no cost.

2ndGenGuy

LX Clock!! The seller has a bunch of other parts too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...Q5fAccessories

Vehicle
    1984 Accord LX

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/930164823.html

"1980 Honda Accord --- whole or parting out

I have a complete 3-door hatchback and a complete 4 dr sedan both are 5-speeds
    non-ops for sale.

ALSO
    Great collection of hard to find good body and good engine parts.

Please reply with a local area code phone number to reach you back and to ease
    communications.

I also have 2 left overs cannibalized Accords, left after I restored a 1979 and a
    1981 automatic models

I shall accept creative barter-swaps for Macs with Intel inside or body-work on my old VW Beetle"

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr
    Last edited by 81vintyminty; 11-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Moved that thread over here. That orange one is really nice! I really like that color.

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Moved that thread over here. That orange one is really nice! I really like that color.
    no doubt!!! dude that car has the original factory michellin tires still!!!

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Man, I'd love to pick up that SE.[/QUOTE]

get it!!.. that SE is rare and needs to be saved!!.. well worth $200

Vehicle

I would if I only had a place to put it man. If I had the room, I'd have a ton of 1geez and parts cars hanging out. Just can't leave em in the field and let them rust away, it would be just as much of a travesty. The mice out here will destroy a car in no time. I just need to rent a big ass barn somewhere to start stashing my stable cars.

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

. . . . .had to delete this post!! sorry.
    Last edited by 81vintyminty; 11-26-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Vehicle

What was it?!?!!? Top secret? Are you bidding on it?

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

What was it?!?!!? Top secret? Are you bidding on it?
    it was a clean 73 cvcc with a bunch of time correct and vintage jdm parts. he had engine parts too like a rare o.g. mugen camshaft... i posted it for member redr2 but had to delete it once i noticed but the dude had an extra set of wheels with the sale =P!!!!.. 14x6 hayashi rims in 4x120 -6 offset!!! i wanted dibbs on the rims before i posted it here!!! the guy never responded and the add is no longer, guess he might have sold it...

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 81vintyminty View Post
    it was a clean 73 cvcc with a bunch of time correct and vintage jdm parts. he had engine parts too like a rare o.g. mugen camshaft... i posted it for member redr2 but had to delete it once i noticed but the dude had an extra set of wheels with the sale =P!!!!.. 14x6 hayashi rims in 4x120 -6 offset!!! i wanted dibbs on the rims before i posted it here!!! the guy never responded and the add is no longer, guess he might have sold it...

Ooioh yeah I saw that thing. He had the blank camshaft didn't he? It was a factory uncut camshaft. Man I would never have the damn thing grinded down because i'd be scared it would be a shitty grind. And then it's ruined! I'd put it on a shelf lol.

Vehicle
    1981 HONDA ACCORD 4dr

Ooioh yeah I saw that thing. He had the blank camshaft didn't he? It was a factory uncut camshaft. Man I would never have the damn thing grinded down because i'd be scared it would be a shitty grind. And then it's ruined! I'd put it on a shelf lol.
    yuup thats the one!! you didnt see the 4x120 hayashi rims in the add?? cant find that damn ad now!!

Vehicle

Ah I don't really remember. It was too far away (though I guess I could have snagged them on the way through this week) and I assumed he wasn't going to separate them. But I suppose asking wouldn't have hurt!

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

& an Australian one
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160303662231&ssPageNam e=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
    "BEAUTIFUL ONE OWNER WELL LOVED HONDA ACCORD
    VERY STRAIGHT - EXTREMELY TIDY INTERIOR - 5 SPEED MANUAL
    A1 MECHANICALLY
    ALL ORIGINAL PAINT, PANELS AND TRIM
    FULL FACTORY SERVICE HISTORY, ADDITIONAL LOG BOOK KEPT FOR CARS ENTIRE MECHANICAL UPKEEP - INSTRUCTION MANUALS AND ORIGINAL SALES BROCHURE!
    ALWAYS GARAGED AND FULLY MAINTAINED
    RUNS AND DRIVES BEAUTIFULLY"
    160345 km