Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: diy rod bearing change

Vehicle
    1987 Lx-i sedan auto (totalled), 1989 Lx-i coupe 5spd (sold), 1988 Lx-i 4 Door 5-speed

Re: diy rod bearing change

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    Oh man wtf...sorry to hear. get well bro..good luck on your next 3gee
    thanks bro.. btw.. ive been keeping track of your 3g on youtube.. that things an animal now! good work man
    -Tom

1988 4 Door Lx-i 5-speed
    364,XXX and counting :]

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

LOL thanks...i just dont understand how your crank broke...there pretty much bullet proof even when i was doing the build the crank was in very good shape. idk but. im pushing her 10psi and its holding fine. matter of fact after boosting what 5 months now or so. i let her idle and she sounds like a kitten lol...so clean still. im like damn i buildt her well then haha. Thanks again..I know that youll get the 89 and make her even better then you old one bro

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1987 Lx-i sedan auto (totalled), 1989 Lx-i coupe 5spd (sold), 1988 Lx-i 4 Door 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    LOL thanks...i just dont understand how your crank broke...there pretty much bullet proof even when i was doing the build the crank was in very good shape. idk but. im pushing her 10psi and its holding fine. matter of fact after boosting what 5 months now or so. i let her idle and she sounds like a kitten lol...so clean still. im like damn i buildt her well then haha. Thanks again..I know that youll get the 89 and make her even better then you old one bro
    well i got the motor like that and i thought the rod bearings were shot.. i changed the bearings and it still did the same thing.. so i was like .. so then i was like "ill just run it til she blows then get another block" then a few months after.. crank snapped.. so my guess would be that the previous owner of that particular engine was constantly thrashing it.. thanks man i hope i get that 89 also.. id be happy again
    -Tom

1988 4 Door Lx-i 5-speed
    364,XXX and counting :]