Thread: 91 acura b18a1

Vehicle
    87 hatch lxi

91 acura b18a1

i have this car (91 acura integra ) can i swap the b18a1 into my lxi hatch . ive read about the b18 and b20 swaps but i know u all are talkn bout a different b18 than mine. will i be able to swap this engine into my car or would it be real hard to do. i have the 1987 lxi hatch

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Vehicle
    87 hatch lxi

Re: 91 acura b18a1

thank you. ive been searching for somthing on here for MONTHS, that says anything specificly about the b18a1. all ii ever see is b18 or b18x i didnt know if it was the same engine and it looked like u guys were always refering to some engine that was not out of the integra. somthing needs to be updated in the search . way too maany posts come up on here when u search that have nothing to do withh what u type in. i can look for days thru posts when i search specificly for somthing like B18A1 , OR saay mapsensor. and never find what im lookin for. u know i search everytimme i ask anything on this site. for days and days. sometimes i do get lucky and find whhat im lookin for but way raarely. i just had the idea. from now on im gonna ask on here instead of search. cause i always search with no luck. then i ask and somone directs me right to what im lookin for. but if i mention i didnt search i will get yelled at or called names. THANKS MAN U HHELPED ME OUT ALOT

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by 89sei89dx View Post
    thank you. ive been searching for somthing on here for MONTHS, that says anything specificly about the b18a1. all ii ever see is b18 or b18x i didnt know if it was the same engine and it looked like u guys were always refering to some engine that was not out of the integra. somthing needs to be updated in the search . way too maany posts come up on here when u search that have nothing to do withh what u type in. i can look for days thru posts when i search specificly for somthing like B18A1 , OR saay mapsensor. and never find what im lookin for. u know i search everytimme i ask anything on this site. for days and days. sometimes i do get lucky and find whhat im lookin for but way raarely. i just had the idea. from now on im gonna ask on here instead of search. cause i always search with no luck. then i ask and somone directs me right to what im lookin for. but if i mention i didnt search i will get yelled at or called names. THANKS MAN U HHELPED ME OUT ALOT
    I am glad you finally got on the trail of something! welcome to the world of auto forums, I read this site for months, until my eyes were not literaly bleeding LOL before I ever posted or joined. You can try the advance search function and try different combinations of the words in your desired query. There is definatley a skill to succesful searching anywhere on the internet. A skill that cannot be taught or explained really.
    If you are good with a plasma cutter and mig welder you could cut the mounting out of the acura and put it in your car, there are several different ways to get one in there. Place Racing made mounts at one time for this swap in the 3rd gen Accord but those are only available thru individuals who got them while they were still being sold.
    The most difficult part of the mounting (my opinion) would be the drivers side. The front and rear mounts could be easily made but the drivers side mount has to match the casting on the engine under the timing cover

Vehicle
    87 hatch lxi

would it be alot of wiring harness modification. or am i gonna have to chang the whole harness and ecu. OR would it be only a few wires to chhange/mod.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

your going to have to run the b18 ecu...our ecu was not ment for performance

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

If you have the will there always a way.
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    87 hatch lxi

i got more paitiance than most people i know and im aallways messin with wires n stuff. am i gonna hhave to mod the wiringf in the whole car to make iit work with the ecu from thhe b18. or can i hhook thhat ecu up with only modding a few ... like 10 20 wires . or aall the whole caars wiring

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

you will need to run the b18 ecu because the distributor is electronic advance not vacuum advance... those wires will need to be added. as far as the rest of the wires you should only need to repin them into the proper locations. what you need to do is sit down in the car with a wire pinout for the b18 ecu, pr4 if you are staying obd0, and with a wire pinout for the accord and move the wires accordingly... you could get a jumper harness but that's complicating things further which i don't want to get into.

as far as the harnesses in the engine bay with the exception of the wiring for the distributor there are few changes that need to be made, mostly extending wires and such but that's the easy part.
    dead white and blue

my name is rushell i have a 1989 lxi that i love i also have a 1993 integra that i would like take the b18 out and put in my 3g i need to know what i have to do for the swap i have the complete integra and it only has 190000 miles what about wiring ect i want to do it in a weekend i will cut the mounts out of the teg and weld them into the 3g the main thing is the wiring can i use the wiring and ecu from the teg i dont know any advice or knowledge would be very helpful