Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Instrument Cluster!

Vehicle
    1988 RED Fiero GT, 1985 BLACK Fiero GT

Custom Instrument Cluster!

Allright, my neighbor across the road is a sears nut, he has tons of shit, he has a self propelled mower, a riding tractor/mower, a weed eater, a chainsaw, all sorts of shit, since I used to repair and service them for a living, he wanted me to give him free labor and discount on parts for them. I told him that I cant just give him that much money, things start adding up. so in a comback he said that since the engine in my car blew and he knows I'm repairing it, he will buy me something for it. I asked him if he would buy me new guages which wont cost much with my brothers discount, he's gonna buy me new Auto Meter Guages, and I've allready sized and maped a new cluster setup since my Fuel and Temp guages are broken on the 87. Here's what I have come up with..What do you think? This setup with my brothers discount will cost $158.

Personal Opinions Please.
    The lil guages will be bigger then they look, in the picture they look like 1" guages, they are 2" Guages and it will require me to customize the Guage Bezzel.
    Last edited by 2Fast_Fiero; 09-26-2002 at 01:18 AM.

Vehicle
    There is also a Matching clock that I was thinkin that I could buy and replace the square dash clock with, it looks sweet!!! All of them come with bulbs and red and blue covers for the bulbs so I can choose which color I want them to be and they connect directly to the stock 12V system, the MPH Guage is mechanical and would connect directly to the stock cable, I just would have to go into the dash and move it over about 5"s, but hopefully thats not a problem.

Banned
    All I can say is having fun wiring them, and have fun mounting them, because the odds are high that it just wont look right. The wiring is going to be the most difficult part. Its going to take a lot of custom work to even make them sit there. Man use your head and get something worth buying, those guages look like their from the 1900's.

Nate.

Vehicle
    I can't find anything tho. My stock guages on the car now are totaly fucked, and the wireing wouldn't be any problem, I've done it before with my friends '68 Chevy PU. I allready know about all the customizing I'm gonna have to do to mount them. But I can't find the guages I like that has everything I need, I was just going to replace the Tach and Speedo guages with the right size ones, and just get a small fuel and temp guage and put them in the same spot with minimal customizing, But I cannot find a Tach, Speedo, Fuel, and Temp guage that is either the right size, and that matches. And I dont know if another cars Instrument cluster would work on mine if I found one at the junkyard so......This seems like my best bet to keep the car running this time. The Reason the engine is blown now is cause It didn't give me acurate readings. I need that!

Banned
    Cough *bullshit* cough.

Nate.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    MSI do it man, don't listen to nate. He doesn't know jack about our cars. Those gauges are awesome I just can't wait to see them installed in your ride. That sucks about your engine being blown you really need some reliable gauges. And those guages are the ones man. And shit if you can work on a old chevy truck you can work on anything bud. All wireing and custom work is the same, so you got it in the bag baby. By the way, how is your list of ten people coming along for the motor mounts?

Best Regards,

J-dub07
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    :lol
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Banned
    With those gauges your car is going to look like an old chevy.....

Nate.

Vehicle
    2003 Honda Element EX - its orange! =c)
    i dont like em... you should get somethin worth while for your car.. that you dont have.. get by on your gauges you have now and make the car faster or something
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    throwing your soap is one thing but some states allow the death penalaty for messing with a mans sandwhich

Vehicle
    Why should I make the car faster when I dont know what else is going to go on the car? If I can find better looking guages, then I'll use them.....I want to talk to Auto Meter to see if they have a sertain guage I want in all the right sizes. and Thank you soo much JDub, The list is commin better then I thought, I got 5 people on the list so far, the guy here in Burque says he will get back at me on it, he must think about it. so if he's in that will be 6 people. I wish I could get the guages with the white face, red dials and red needles, but they dont have the right size's.

Vehicle
    The guages in the 87 Accord dont work any more, sometimes the tach will all of a suden turn on, sometimes it wont, the fuel and temp guages dont work, I despiratly need a battery voltage guage cause my sound system kills the battery quick. So I think they will look good and I think they will give it a custom look and also provide acurate readings when I put the new head gasket, and thermometer on it.

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Your Sound System Kills the battery? 5000watts? :lol
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    Yes, My sound system kills the battery quick, even on the highway doing 90mph the power trips out when the system is running.

Vehicle
    Man that is just terrible about your system killing your battary buddy. Maybe you should get another battary or two and install them in the trunk. Maybe if you could install another altanator in your car that could power the other battaries. Don't go with any other gauges man I haven't seen any that look better than that in a long time. All you need is a little modification and your set. Don't listen to anyone on the board that disagrees with you. No one that disagree's with you knows their shit. When your accord is done it will be the fattest around. Heaviest to, but phugget.

With most Regards,

J-Dub07
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    Why are you saying that my accord will be the fastest around? I'm just gonna buy a new 89 Accord LXi and drop the motor from that into my 87 LXi and all I'm gonna do to that 87 LXi is give it a new paint job on the body and the wheels and steam clean the engine, clean out the interior and keep it as a second car, All the stickers are commin off. So whenever I dont want to drive my 89 LXi after the engine swap in that, I'll drive the 87. Maybe if my new girlfriend is worthy, I'll allow her to drive my 87.

Vehicle
    Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
    Why are you saying that my accord will be the fastest around? I'm just gonna buy a new 89 Accord LXi and drop the motor from that into my 87 LXi and all I'm gonna do to that 87 LXi is give it a new paint job on the body and the wheels and steam clean the engine, clean out the interior and keep it as a second car, All the stickers are commin off. So whenever I dont want to drive my 89 LXi after the engine swap in that, I'll drive the 87. Maybe if my new girlfriend is worthy, I'll allow her to drive my 87.
    ummmmm,...yeah see I don't reacall saying "fastest". Try r-e-a-d-i-n-g the post before replying to it. Ok son?
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    Ohh shit, sorry man. I didn't catch that. I just came in from outside where its brighter then fuck and so my eye sight must be trippin on me. Sorry Man!

Vehicle
    Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
    Ohh shit, sorry man. I didn't catch that. I just came in from outside where its brighter then fuck and so my eye sight must be trippin on me. Sorry Man!
    no problem
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    whats wrong with the stock guages?..well i know yours dont work ...but just get another cluster from the junkyard or ebay or something like that...put some white guage faces in and it looks great....? just my 2 cents
    Jay

Vehicle
    Well, I think I'm gonna have to rewire the tach to the Coil. I emailed Auto Meter and told them what I wanted, I told them I wanted a tach to go in the original hole where the tach is, and the same size speedo, and just 2 small guages for the Fuel and Temp. they will give me 100% acurate readings.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    not a bad concept, but only one problem... I've taken apart the cluster before, and that little round circle you see for the tac is just the face, the rest of it is much smaller, and encased in that plastic cluster housing along with all the other guages. If ur gonna do this, that means, you'll have to get a bracket custom made to fit all of the custom made guages/guage pods, all to be wired in with that custom wiring, with custom lighting for the rest of the custom work. Then you might even need custom screws for the custom mess you just made. :lol

...seriously tho... if you manage to pull that off, make sure you post it, and if you use a template for any of the brackets/wiring, be sure to share.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    I have the whole cluster torn apart into peices right now, it will work. I'm gonna use the stock bezzel as a template for a new bezel. the Sizes of the holes are perfect for what I'm buying. I just want a CF Bezel so I'm gonna fabricate one. I'm almost positive I'm gonna have to make custom wireing for the lights on the cluster so that I can take off that plastic shit.

Vehicle
    I'm thinking of using a AC Autotechnic 3D Guage Bezel from a 4th Gen Accord to help the fitment of the guages, if I do that I wont have to worry about any custom fiting like you say.

Banned
    Now actually do something, make some progress and prove to us your made of something, right now we all think your full of shit..SO PLEASE QUIT POSTING UNTIL THEN, your posts are lame and are what we like to call "yeah, right, bullshit" posts.

Nate.

Vehicle
    Here are the guages I'm going to use...