Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parting out an 81 - Details inside

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord & 1993 Nissan 240sx w/ silvia conversion

Re: Parting out an 81 - Details inside

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    read down a bit,someone on here is interested in buying the car from you and matching the price
    I haven't gotten a PM.

And here's the thing, that I know many of you can attest to. When someone in a car community, especially when it's a bunch of us younger folks, says I'll buy X in Y months just as soon as I get the money.....unless you know that person and can trust that person, those situations never happen. I did the car club scene pretty heavily for 5 years with nissan stuff, so I've seen those empty promises made over and over by people.

I don't mean to outright call him a liar, but unless I got a PM from him showing commitment and willing to wire me a few hundred to hold it for a month or something, I don't believe he'll actually commit to buying.

Vehicle
    my other car is a magna :O

hey wizzfish i gotta cancel on those wipers, i checked my parts car and its got the bits i need in decent condition. thanks for the offer though!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord & 1993 Nissan 240sx w/ silvia conversion

no problem, tomato.

WA guys, if you want to trade wheels and tires, tomorrow night is your last chance to do so.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Yeah sorry, I'm out. No time to make it up that way. Thanks for the offering.

LX User
    Vehicle
    '85.accord.lx.sedan

I know this thread is old and the car is probably long gone, but I just came across it and I'm so disgusted that I gotta lay a little rant down right here:

Why did you even bother buying this car in the first place if you were going to get frustrated with BS stuff like "hazards not working" and not being able to do something as simple as a friggen brake job? These are the kinds of "problems" I would expect a 17-year old girl to gripe about, not someone who has turned a wrench at any point in their life. It's just a real shame, this had to be one of the nicest looking 1st generation Accords left in North America, and once they're gone, they're gone forever....we're only dealing with a limited number of vehicles here - already significantly diluted by age and the elements. In some places, particularly the Northeast USA where I'm from, these cars don't exist at all anymore. I haven't seen a 1gee on the road in New York in over 5 years. I hope you really enjoy that quarter tank of gas you'll be able to buy every month for the next three years with all the money you saved by having this classic Honda crushed.

Let this be a warning to anyone stumbling across this thread. If you're thinking of buying an old Accord or Civic because you think it's "cute", but you're not willing to get your hands dirty or put any money into it - DON'T BOTHER!!! Go buy some other, more plentiful conversation piece that the world won't miss when you can't deal with the trauma of replacing a vacuum hose or something asinine like that. Leave the good stuff for someone who will care for it even a little bit.

/end rant