Thread: Is this true

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Is this true

Ok, I know this H22 talk is gettin old but, for me its either H22 or B20B(JDM CR-V motor) & its kinda a big section of my car at the moment. I was conversating with a friend about swaping an H22 in to my 89 LXi. He sadi that if i did this swap, i wouldnt be able to have the A/C in the car anymore, is this true? I have to have my A/C it comes in handy when my girl has a skirt on . But anyway that another subject. If this is true i guess ill go with the B20B. Thanks for the help
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    I don'T see why you couldn't keep the A/C

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    All you need to worry about is how to mount the Accord A/C compressor to the H22, or use the H22 compressor on the Accord. I would think the later would work best, no custom mount needed.
    Your friend may be thinking of the Civic swaps, which don't have the room. Ours should.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hmm funny you should mention civics... if the A/C hitting the radiator is the probelm you could use a 92 civic radiator which shoul leave a gap... oh well look at me... talkin nonsense again
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    I don't see how the hell people think those little 1/2 a radiator THINGS can cool an H22. The possiblities of it overheating in traffic are so high, it isn't funny, but every car i saw at NOPI with an H22 thrown in, I'd say 8/10 had one of those things in it.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 b-series accord 92 ls-vtec turbo civic
    how do you fit an h22 in an 86-89? i have a b-series in mine i thought thats all you could do

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    To my knowledge there is one guy from canada that has done it but it required extensive work. I saw pics and the drivers side mount was totally redone. He did say it was a daily driver and was well worth it but cost is relatively high. I would say at this point and time B-series have been in the works and are relatively easy so that would be my suggestion plus a B18C GSR runs a tad bit more than a H22 but doesnt require the custom fabrication to do it.