Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joay's 1988 LX-i

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord LX

Re: Joay's 1988 LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Joay View Post
    I made them. Your car looks a little nicer than mine with the sunroof and healthy quarter panels. Do you know what the paint code on yours is?
    lol thank you and i'm not sure what the paint code is but i can take a look and get back 2 u

Vehicle
    Misty Beige 1988 LXi Coupe

Since yours in an 89 I'm wondering if it's YR-59M or YR-94M. As far as I know, 59 was a 1988-only color and I've never found another member with the same paint as me. That and there are at least two different codes for Seattle Silver (which I think yours is) so I'm trying to figure out what all these goldish Accords have exactly.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

IM loving the sohc notecs. I get laughts and peeps saying HOLLY SHIT LOL...

what you need to do is make a vid bro.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    IM loving the sohc notecs. I get laughts and peeps saying HOLLY SHIT LOL...

what you need to do is make a vid bro.
    i need one too

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

3Geez Veteran

I made them. Your car looks a little nicer than mine with the sunroof and healthy quarter panels. Do you know what the paint code on yours is?
    Sunroofs on these cars are not nice, trust me. I've sat in them side by side. You wouldn't like one.

Since yours in an 89 I'm wondering if it's YR-59M or YR-94M. As far as I know, 59 was a 1988-only color and I've never found another member with the same paint as me. That and there are at least two different codes for Seattle Silver (which I think yours is) so I'm trying to figure out what all these goldish Accords have exactly.
    Misty Beige (YR-59M) was available from '86-88, and Seattle Silver (YR-94M) was only available in '89. I swear to everyone on this board, they're the same color, just a different name. I'm going to call Honda and figure it out or something.

Vehicle

I love my sunroof.....good for when you take your women out to the montains...legs are in the air...O TRUST me ....if you bang alot...Like i used to ITS nice lol...plus i love it when im rolling down the street smoking INDOE LOL....J/K but i love mine....if it leaks then yeah sucks.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

have you got the fog lights yet

3Geez Veteran

Any updated pictures, Joay?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    have you got the fog lights yet
    Yes! They came in on the 19th I believe, they're still chilling in the garage. Work has been absolutely nuts. Thank you though, like I said it's the first of many things I want to source from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Any updated pictures, Joay?
    Nope, nothing going on but school and work around here. Got some plans for the winter though. Hopefully I can roll out a little less stock for the next east coast meet.

3Geez Veteran

Nope, nothing going on but school and work around here. Got some plans for the winter though. Hopefully I can roll out a little less stock for the next east coast meet.
    This is no bueno, Joey. By the way, I have surpassed you in posts.

Vehicle
    Accord LX-i '88

Very cool pics but we want moreeeeeeee good luck with your wheels

3Geez Veteran

What are your hubcaps from?

Vehicle

there from a 95/96 civic correct me if im wrong in the year but iknow there from a civic since i used to have a set. makes the 3gee look good

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

90-93 Integra, I think. Might be from a 94-01, seen the same caps on a couple. The guy who gave them to me said they were from an Integra (and they say Acura).

3Geez Veteran

I thought they were from a sixth-generation Civic, like Rendon said, but they're probably the same. I want them so bad. I'm so jealous that your coupe looks better than mine, now.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

post moar pics kthx

and yes those are DB8 caps ... civic ones are the same but have the H instead of saying Acura

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

o a teg huh...well shit looks the same as a civic....BUt looks good regradless.

Charlie if you stop hitting / or getting hit your car would look great to LMFAO j/k bro....

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i

Love it. and I love the paint you choose for the valve cover.

BTW where you get your DC bar...I can't find any of those things anywhere. But then again I'm very bad about hunting somethings down..

Vehicle

THey dont make the bars no more. Either you have to buy it from someone or get lucky an score one online someplace....ebay/craiglist exc.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

Bought the strut brace and the header from maka_RTH. The bars seem a little fewer and far between than the headers for some reason but they're still floating around. Keep checking the classifieds.

And thanks for the love guys, I'm actually in the garage this weekend working on it. Pictures will be posted in the next week or so.

Vehicle

So I got my foglights a few months ago. They sat around for a while because I was always busy and the garage at work was always full. Earlier in winter, I started trying to install them in the totally wrong place because I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but eventually CAH, Carot and Aaron set me straight. Then I had to figure out how to wire them up.

The first harness, made from an EG A/C relay. Kinda ghetto, but worked perfectly (and I thought it was cool to use a Honda part).

Running the wires...

At this point the fogs turned on for a couple seconds, then one died. The bulb looked fine, but I wasn't getting continuity on one of the wires so I rewired the housing. Still nothing. Plugged the working bulb in and got light, so I went out and bought two new H3 bulbs. Then smoke started pouring out from under the dash.

I put in 100-watt bulbs and had them on for about twenty seconds before the relay burned up. I should've thought about it for a second (100-watt foglights in a 22-year-old Honda?) but I just used the same wattage that was already in there.

Pissed off, out of patience and frustrated that it's been close to a year since I bought these fucking things, I went out and spent way too much money and overbuilt the harness:

Then after running all new wires for about six hours yesterday, I pushed the button and the one that didn't burn out the first time didn't come on. The one wire I ran through the fender (admittedly outside the loom) shorted. So now I have to pull that again and run a new wire. How it looks at the moment:

I know the first harness melting and the second one shorting have both been my fault, but god damn I never thought turning two lights on with a switch was this complicated. I have literally been working on this shit for four weekends. They did look pretty sweet when they were on for a few seconds though.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

lol... every foglight set ive hooked up i just run the 2 postive lines in to one that is ran to switch then run to fuse box no relays or anything and then i just run the grounds to the bumper support =/

but the one you made looks really good and pro!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

Well I want them to work as close to stock as possible, with the exception of turning on with the running lights, which they do. I guess my car didn't come with the wiring and apparently it's a lot more complicated that I expected. Hopefully one day I'll find a DD and I can tear this apart and do it all nice...

Vehicle
    '87 HATCH currently under the knife. 89/94/96 Sidekick that will go anywhere I want it to.

I got 2 100w driving lights on my Sidekick I run off a relay to a switch. You could just wire into a running light wire to trip the relay. Simple and clean.

You never (Damn it, CAH...) want to run over 2 amps or 25 watts without a relay.
    Last edited by Bass Man; 01-25-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Vehicle

I don't want them to come on automatically with the running lights, just have the option. Basically the relays (there only need to be two, as per the original setup, the new one is just redundant for each light) check (1) that the parking lights are on, then (2) if the fog switch is closed. After this is all put together I'll post a schematic so hopefully other members can do this without taking a month and frying their wires.