Thread: park light question

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

Exclamation park light question

Well i finally started the sei after sitting all winter.had to boost it as the bat is no good.left it run about 20 min,i noticed that the p for park in the guages was lit but the lights wern't on.could this have to do with the bad bat or something in the headlights.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Re: park light question

did you have the headlights on? did you check all your fuses under the little access panel (change tray) on the lower part of the dash to the left of your steering wheel?
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

no headligts were off and when i turned the lights on it went out.I'm thinking the bat is screwed because i ran it for 20 min ,turned it off and tried to start it again and it wouldn't even roll.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

even if you let it run for 20 mins, unless you're revving over 2500 rpm, that alternator is not spinning enough to give the battery a charge.

Best bet to determine a completely flat battery, or a rechargeable... ...get yourself a charger that can due a complete refresh, or worst case is put a set of jumpers on it, and leave your car off. Hold the other cars rpm's at 2500-2700 for about 10 minutes to give the battery a little boost. Once you get your car started again, hold the rpm's at about the same for at least another 10 minutes and you should have a better idea of the shape of the battery.

edit: ps. what steering wheel is that in your sig? i want one.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

same thing happened to me and after over diagnosing it, it turned out to be a black film over the battery post terminals that is very hard to see. Cleaning the terminals and posts good fixed it.