Thread: B-Series Swap Engine Harness Conversion

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX & SEI

B-Series Swap Engine Harness Conversion

Wells guys I know I'm fairly new... but I think I've come across some info that I should share here!!! Since a few of will be getting a b-series in our accords courtesy of DICK HEAD RACING INC. I was a little confused with the wiring... so i looked @ rywire and found this http://rywire.com/store/8689-accord-...97a893e55e43ca

I Contacted them and here are the results!!!
    Yes no problem, if you can't supply us with at least pieces of the GSR harness, we can supply the plugs necessary for $40 extra.
    The conversion cost will be the same price as the H22. $350

All you need to do is put the engine harness from your car - engine bay portion only, seperates at the shock towers - and send it to the address on our home page:
    Rywire
    117 Bernal Rd. #70-181
    San Jose, California 95119

Please include a note with your phone # and return address as well as any swap information you deem necessary inside the box. I'll give you a call when it gets here and take any payments at that time by credit card or paypal. Sending a money order is also good. Return shipping is $10 for 3-4 day air and $40 for 1-2 day express.

The engine harness for the GSR doesn't need to be perfect, if it has some cuts or was cut at the shock towers, that's fine. The engine harness from your car however we do want to be near-perfection - 1 or 2 broken clips is fine and we'll replace them for free in most cases.
    Our turn around time is around 10 days.

Thanks ~ Peter
    I know alot of you guys can wire your setups without this... but i Just thought i should share this!!!
    3geez is F**kin Awesome!!!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Re: B-Series Swap Engine Harness Conversion

Good Find Silent, this will come in handy for those that do the swap.
    Last edited by Pico; 03-16-2009 at 05:30 AM.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Nice...i knew bout those guys just never taught they would make harness for us...

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

you should ask accordtheory about rywire... you guys really never came across rywire in the past, you clearly haven't read through any of the accord swap threads. all i can say is they made the harness without the car so everything had to be changed and extended.

edit:

exact quote

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory View Post
    This is a little off the subject at hand, but I just have to say that my harness from rywire is one of the worst products I have ever paid for, and that says a lot. I've had to basically tear the Entire thing apart and put it back together, after paying over $300 for this shit. In addition to the ghetto drilling out of my old injector clips to fit, (instead of replacing them) and the wires from the extension harness coming out by the passenger headlight when they're supposed to go under the driver's seat, (!) the other wires are all the wrong lengths and come out at the wrong places too. My tps and map connectors don't even reach, for fuck's sake, and neither do the reverse light connectors and TW connector. The harness just looks like shit overall. The connectors that do reach either have way to much slack, or just barely reach. It's obvious that not only did these guys not have a 3g in front of them, they also didn't even take the time to fit the harness to a normal b series engine, or even try to copy the stock b series harness. There is also a wire that goes to nothing, it just ends in the branch that goes to the injectors/TA. I don't know what is up with that. And nowhere on the harness was any provision for securing itself to anything, so it would just flop around in my engine bay like a limp dildo.
    I told ryan from rywire (yeah, real clever name too, huh) about some of my problems, and he started weaseling out of any responsibility, but I didn't push him on it at all, I just said, it's up to you, but a partial refund would be just. I've already done like 37 solder joints over again..

..."37?!" -Clerks
    Last edited by stat1K; 03-15-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i know legend master got his from them too....he said he had to work on it a bit

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

for that price i wouldnt want to fuck wit it just install it. ummmm no not me dude

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

guys if you've been looking at the obd1 thread at all then you know that lx-incredible has harnesses worked out for the entire obd1 swap to make it as close to plug and play as possible, i'm sure once these mounts get here and he has a b20b/z in his possession he will be making harnesses for the b-swap as well... probably would charge close to what rywire wants but make them properly and with an accord right in front of him.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle

I know. its cheaper to to add some wires and you have obd1 maybe some people want the plug and play deal. i forgot how much 400...

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

i'm not sure on what his price is going to be for the obd0-obd1 but i know it's reasonable for how nice he does it... better than the rywire ones that i've seen. what i'm saying though is that once he figures out how to build an engine harness for the b-series in the accord he will more than likely sell those as well for near what rywire is saying they would sell them but we need to get a motor first... at that point anything is possible.
    dead white and blue

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX & SEI

I was just exploring options... honestly I have no clue on the whole wiring thing... So i will be looking for the best plug and play option!!! I hope there will be one made by an actual 3gee owner!!! but if theres not im going with whatevers out there!!!

Vehicle

definitely can understand that i'm just trying to help you make an informed decision to not do it with rywire lol...
    dead white and blue

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX & SEI

Yes Understood... Im still stuck on a engine anyways!!!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    I know. its cheaper to to add some wires and you have obd1 maybe some people want the plug and play deal. i forgot how much 400...
    It will be under $300 for the full A20A3 obd1 add on harness, Accord ECU jumper, ELD, and bracket to mount it. Everything is fully loomed and includes all the options. All new automotive grade wire is used on the harness and is at least 18 AWG, even for the shielded. No soldering or crimping old connector wires to the new. All connections get made at the connector pins, crimped, soldered, and sealed behind a boot. Truly plug and play, even to the stock coil! Easily removed as well.

A harness for a b will be a little different since the connectors come off on the other side of the engine bay. More than likely the stock accord engine harness will need to be modified to reach the sensors on the b and extra wires run for the distributor, eld, o2, and vtec. My ecu jumper and harness to the engine bay includes the vtec wires, so it will remain the same as the A. So if anyone decides to swap motors only the engine harness will need to be changed.

Lets get some pictures up stat1k!
    Last edited by LX-incredible; 03-16-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle

well shit im in

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

def will post them up when i get home... i'll make a new thread.
    dead white and blue

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX & SEI

CANT WAIT... So what will be process to get them made for us??? and how much for the b-series harness???

do u still make the harness to put a b18 into my 3g if so pm me with a price so i can put in my b18

can u make a b18 harness for my 1989 lxi