Thread: Honda Insight Wheels

DX User

Honda Insight Wheels

Anyone have any idea of the weight of the 2000-2006 honda insight wheels shown here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...spagenameZWDVW

Anyone ever see a pair for sale? I am looking for some factory Honda wheels for my 88 LXi hatch and came accross these on my search. Just wondering peoples thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Re: Honda Insight Wheels

they're probably one of the lightest alloy wheels Honda has put out recently as that Insight was produced as light as humanly possible to make it more fuel economical.
    -Mark D.

LX User

According to a few of the insight forums, the rim + stock tire (re92) weighs aprox 22lbs.
    1989 Accord LX-I - Brembo f.Rotors, Hawk HP+ pads, ATE fluid
    1996 Mustang Cobra #404 - somewhat stock

Vehicle
    Misty Beige 1988 LXi Coupe

Kind goofy-looking to me, but if you like them, go for it. I'd be interested to see them on an Accord.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

if you want light honda wheels get hx's, to me they felt less than 22 lbs with tires on... the wheel itself is like 7 lbs...
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    if you want light honda wheels get hx's, to me they felt less than 22 lbs with tires on... the wheel itself is like 7 lbs...
    those are one of the lightest 14" wheels (hell, regardless of size) that Honda ever produced. Not too bad for a 10 yr old, non-hybrid, sub compact car (not a nugget like the Yaris or an ugly lump like the Prius) to get over 40 mpg on garbage 87 octane pump gas. ...no no wait, I really want to spend my money on an 18K Smart car that's rwd (terrible in snow), uncomfortable as hell, only a 2 seater that get's 35 mpg only on premium 93 octane, and looks like the tip of an ass probe.

Ok, I digress. ...but anyway, yeah, the HX wheels are 14" and have a great offset that compliments our car, and they're lightweights. The Insights are not bad at all either though.
    -Mark D.

DX User

I am looking for a pair of HX wheels actually(my prefered choice) to put on my 88 LXi hatch. They seem to rarely come up locally on CL, so I have expanded my horizons to these wheels, random teg wheels, other civic wheels, Honda Fit wheels, CRX four hole wheels. I guess I will end up with whatever I can get a good deal on.

Thanks for all the input.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

well aftermarket light wheels would be like rota slipstream....for the 15 inch they are only 12 pounds...but yeah i would get some hx rims....they look good when painted black

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Just a few things to keep in mind when you're looking. Those CRX holes are not going to work for you because they're 13's if I'm not mistaken. You're 88 lxi needs an absolute min of 14" in order to clear the front brakes.
    -Mark D.