Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSR swap update

Thumbs up GSR swap update

well i finally got the car running correctly. and so far after about 200 miles, ive done about 5 races already. it very very tempting to rev the car and shift hard. but driving the car so far, i granny shift all the time. pretty much, no need to be shifting hard. second gear peels like a lil bitch, third gear would peel like how my sohc motor used to peel like. and so far, ive been able to take out a 94 del sol dohc vtec with i/h/e and 2k accord v6 i/e pullys. how do i know? hell they're my friends. and the other runs were a brand new X-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 all wheel drive 5 speed. i pretty much came from behind him off a left turn. i can say 3 gears only i had him by almost 3 car lengths which i could have kept going but scared the shit out of me. the other car was an 94 prelude vtec. unfortunately my friend with the del sol ran him first. i was behind the prelude and it was TOO obvious he shot nos on my friend and friend lost. i really didnt want to run him, but i jus couldnt lose this chance to surprise the mofo. so from behind the prelude on a right turn i pretty much flew by him 2 car lengths jus on 1st and 2nd gear. couldnt really do much to 3rd gear becuz of traffic. the guy wanted to do a freeway race but screw it, i already hurt my baby. the other victim was a (believe it or not) a 330 bmw. i ofcourse didnt want to run, the guy must have seen my DOHC VTEC plaque and cheap shotted me off a dead red, so i only did a rolling start with him. i didnt want to down shift to 2nd, so i used 3rd and softly let the gear engaged. as soon as my highend kicked, i passed him up. couldnt really tell how bad becuz when i passed him, he gave up. oh and also, whooped a gsr EASILY! so jus to let u all know wat this motor is capable of, and im still not done building it jus yet! this jus gives u a clue of wat a motor swap can do to others, surprise the hell out of ppl. ESPECIALLY in an 89 accord 4 DOOR!

jon

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    All i have to say ROCK ON!!!!
    i wish i had money and efi 3geez.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    Pictures, as always, would be nice...
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    I posted them a couple weeks ago. check the pics section, maybe page2 or3
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Sweet! Good to hear is was worth it!
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    88 accord ex-i, 88 prelude Si
    Damn that thing really flies..
    Now:
    -1988 Honda Prelude custom
    -1988 Honda Accord (to be fixed and sold)
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX
    http://www.hatetofeelband.com

Vehicle
    1988 RED Fiero GT, 1985 BLACK Fiero GT
    GSR Swap? That thing is only good for high speeds, You wont beat the Prelude off the line at all, unless you pull some money for high perf parts. That thing should be faster then fuck tho. Break her in and start playin, You realy should get all of us some time slips, I wanna find out how a B18C1 does in a 3G. That should be cool.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    you should be pushing high 14's when you learn to really drive it

i have to admit, i do feel the motor trying to pull the car a little in the low end, but otherwise it's VERY good. as for the prelude h22, like i said i pretty much slaughtered him. not to brag, but hell dont i have some kind of brag rights? haha! and i dont think he shot NOS on me tho. he probably wasted it on my friends car becuz he shot it off the red light. funny part is, he got cocky and actually gave me a little head start too on the right turn. big mistake. and also, i seriously doubt a prelude vtec with i/e would even be able to take me off the start. simply becuz, u cant compare a swapped car to a stock car. i gaurantee i will always jump ahead of cars, ALWAYS! unless ofcourse it's a 99 z28 or somethin like that haha!

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

by the way, u guys probably had this happen to u guys already. last night, pulled up to a 99 model lexus GS300. those bastards!! laughed at my car and did a VROOM VROOM noise out of his mouth. awww shit he jus had to talk his shit. got his little bad ass deap dish 18's on pimpin an shit. thank god my car is bone stock looking. only 94 GSR wheels lowered and THAT'S IT! no more greddy lip no more wing. jus trying to look as stock as possible! true sleeper! screw it, green light, took off normal and i let him take off first! then i gunned it. 1st 2nd gear and i was already almost 3 car lengths. but thanks a lot guys. i hope someday u all will be able to do this. hope im SOME kind of inspiration to u to do this. late

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

damn last thing of all.. on the GS300, i only rev to 6000rpm. prelude vtec, i had to rev 8 grand ofcourse. accordv6 and delsol dohc vtec, max 7grand. on the jaguar, 8grand. on the bmw 330, did a rolling and reved to only 6500 on 3rd gear. and i have not even done a real take off. only normal take offs then gunning it. not jus that, im granny shifting always and have yet to take it to 9grand which i can. good luck guys. thanks for the support. also, it was 10 wires on the ecu part that had to be swapped around. sucked ass hardcore. late

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    Your car , engine and your "sleeper" attitude are FREAKING AMAZING! Cool to see you getting so much satisfaction out of it! You totally have braggin' rights. Thanks for posting you experiences so far - I can see others being inspired and following your footsteps.
    Mike Clark

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    wanna trade cars

Vehicle
    You slaughtered a H22A1 with a B18C1? STOCK? Or did you fix up your B18? And about the lexus, You should not have let him get ahead of you no mater what, you should have blown his doors off, and at the next light laughed at him, and then made a vroom vroom noise with your mouth.

yep, took out an h22 with i/e might of had headers dont know so that will always be a question. this guy was a sleeper too. some ugly ass rims lowered. dirty as f**k and shoots nos. but ofcourse my motor is hooked up. otherwise i dont think i wouldve been able to take him out u know? basic cai/e, SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD, 64MM THROTTLE BODY (TRADED 67MM) AND HAVE YET TO USE THE THROTTLE BODY. USING STOCK RIGHT NOW. RC INJECTORS (270). SKUNK2 DUAL SPRINGS AND TITANIUM RETAINERS, SKUNK2 CAM GEARS, MUGEN ECU, IGNITION SYSTEM (HAVE YET TO USE ALSO) JDM DC SPORTS HEADERS, AND FUEL PRESSURE RISER. so there r some stuff i still need to do to give jus a little more OOMPFF!!! but yea that damn lexus, i was gonna wait for him and do the exact same thing he did to me and laugh at him, but he made a sudden left.. bastard.... and this is FREAKING AMAZING. especially on a 4 door, surprise the hell out of EVERYONE! only thing that throws it off is the dohc vtec badge in the back but they'll most likely laugh at me for having that anyways which is wat i want! i tell u guys, it is totally HILARIOUS to have a true sleeper. BONE stock, GSR wheels., and guess wat. no worry's about cops! my muffler is dead quiet when i cruise at a constant speed. regardless at 50mph or 45mph. it is DEAD quiet. ofcourse that's jus becuz of my muffler, but it's wat i want. sshhhh... *whispers* sleeper. but jus to let u guys also get a clue of how much potential this motor has. believe it or not. last night, z28 (automatic) punked my friends del sol dohc vtec. we were on a two laner, so i pulled behind the z28 becuz a car was on the left lane. both of us took off normally then punched it at the same time. he had about a car length in front of me, so 1st gear it stayed the same until my high end, 2nd gear i started to pull on him. up infront of his back bumper, 3rd gear. IT WAS OVER! pulled like a little bitch with my hood in front of him. 4th gear, i pulled to a full car length EASILY then shut it off right away and hazard him. and think about this, i only rev to 7500rpm. i couldve gone to 9 if i had chose to. ofcourse it was a stock z28. had it have i/e i dont know. but there'll be a day for that. as for the b16, im jus glad i didnt get one. judging by my friends del sol, it revs too slow. maybe it's becuz of my mods, but i hit vtec before he does all the time. whether it's 2nd gear or 3rd gear. even 4th. if u get into my car for a test drive.. then into his car. u'll be disappointed in his car and will notice the slower rev. and the del sol does have i/h/e fuel pressure riser. so i hope u guys take this swap to a good consideration. ofcourse if they h22 was available i would have dont a type-s swap instead of wat i have now. but no regrets. if u need some pointers jus ask. thanks

jon
    www.full-race.com

www.full-race.com

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Ya know I went looking for this answer and couldn't find it at lease I don't think I found it.
    What has been done or added to the motor that is beyond stock?

I know about the Skunk2 intake manifold, but what else. Piston's?, cam?, throttle body? air/fuel controler/pressure regulator?, Vtec controller?, header? ect. Exhaust system? Please list everything in a reply.

I only want wickedaccord to reply please.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Jim I know you asked just for Wicked Accord to respond but check the last reply on page 1 of this thread. He lists it all there. once again sorry.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    Having a kick ass sleeper like you do is killer. I wish I didn't live where I do, I'm gonna most likely have to move before I start fixing up my Accord cause I just found out today, they are not only banning Racing, they are banning any thing involving noises with your car, If you have a loud muffler, they will tow your car for a few months, if you have a loud stereo, they will tow your car for a few months. So they are goin against everything, I allready got like 4 people from New Jersey's car club JHR (Jersey Hell Raisers) wanting to come down here and rebell against the state and organize a big group of protesters to go against all of it. I wanna move anyways so its just gonna probably hold back alot of my mods until I can leave this horid state.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by 88LXi68
    Jim I know you asked just for Wicked Accord to respond but check the last reply on page 1 of this thread. He lists it all there. once again sorry.
    Awe, that's cool You knew just where the pin point answer I was looking for was, thanks.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Banned
    MSI i think 4 is your lucky number, you have 4 people for your AMAZING swap and 4 people to protest! Wow, you are making NO progess on anything here...

Nate.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Well, why doesn't your boy, with the del sol, just invest in a Vtec controller, that way he can dial in where he wants it to kick in......

wow sucks to hear about that noise pollution crap. but i seriously doubt they'll tow 1000s of cars. i think they're jus trying to scare ppl. i remember the same incident here in so cal. nothing ever changed really. as for my friend with the del sol.. he jus got the car. so he's still trying to figure out wat to do first. im pretty sure he'll use a GSR ecu later. but he has plans to do cams springs and retainers first. if anything, CTR stuffs.

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    MY girlfriend has an h22 prelude, and she smokes gsrs bad, all she has is i/e. at sea level her car runs 15.0 with the right driver.
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

Vehicle
    89 Accord SE-i Coupe
    i want a gsr
    Performance Modz: Short Ram Air Intake, Custom Exhaust w/o Cat & Resonator, Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler, Accel Coil, Removed AC

Other Modz: Clear Blinkers, Purple Calipers, Accord Emblem On Dash, Winking Headlights