Thread: Fuel Delivery issue?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord LX

Fuel Delivery issue?

Ok so. I've currently got a fuel issue. Once in a while after the car is warm I stop for a period of time and restart. Get rolling down the road and it sputters and dies. I carried a can of gas just incase this happened. If I take and poor a little fuel into the carb usually 2 times the car will stay running with no problems which to me sounds like fuel pump is going bad. However sometimes the car runs completely perfect with no fuel delivery issues at all even under hard acceleration and speed. From everything I remember it either works or doesn't? With it being such low pressure it should just not work or work fine so... I'm a little stumped.

I've changed both filters, rechecked them many times, Pulled the fuel tank plug and drained for any crap at the bottom, Pulled pump and tested for fuel delivery. When I ignition on I get a spurt of fuel that appears to have pressure at the line right before the carb yet when I crank it gives nothing it seems.

Could a vacuum leak have anything to do with fuel delivery I'm talking about? What about fuel cut-off? After I pulled the pump and inspected the screen is clean and free of debris. What else should I check before replacing fuel pump? I don't want to spend 80 bucks on a fuel pump for the car I paid 75 for so if you think it's the pump do I have other cheaper options? Few suggestions would be fine. Thanks,
    Josh

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord LX

Re: Fuel Delivery issue?

*Update* I've done a fuel pump test as per standard measures (remove full cut out relay and jumper 1 and 2 and turn on) and everything works perfect. So I'm guessing fuel cut off relay is at fault. Not paying 50 bucks for a new one so hopefully salvage or ebay