Thread: What is the tallest 32/36 or 38/38 air filter you been able to use?

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

What is the tallest 32/36 or 38/38 air filter you been able to use?

edit- Basically need to know if anyone was able to put 2" weber air filter under the hood?
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 06-29-2009 at 04:33 PM.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Re: What is the tallest 32/36 or 38/38 air filter you been able to use?

I didn't know if the filter would fit, so made it happen. I wasn't wanting to rape the hood, but had too........I think this would be good for future reference. You will need a cut off wheel to do this......

.. This is what you need to do.

Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 12-27-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Last edited by SZfiftyfour; 01-07-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I had that Edelbrock PROFLO on my stock carb for a short time but since I modified the base to fit the Keihin I couldn't use it on the weber. I think by the time I got the Weber on I had already cut the support for a hood scoop so I never had issues running the taller filter on the Weber. The filter they give you in the kit is a joke.

Careful with those plastic vacuum caps on the manifold runner ports... I tried some in the past (with a different cam) and all it took was one good reversion pulse to pop them off.

Did you check to see that you're getting WOT with your linkage in it's current hole? I remember having to move the linkage to a hole closer to the throttle shaft to achieve the correct arm ratio, although my Webers were purchased from ebay off a different car, instead of buying a kit.

here is the tall filter with an additional 1" spacer between the two adapter plates. I also ditched the linkage and welded on the Keihin linkage for smoother throttle operation.

Last edited by A20A1; 12-28-2009 at 01:07 AM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

yes, those vacuum caps with shoot right off the first time it coughs.. this could be a problem if you are out somewhere and don't have anything to plug them off again.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    I had that Edelbrock PROFLO on my stock carb for a short time but since I modified the base to fit the Keihin I couldn't use it on the weber. I think by the time I got the Weber on I had already cut the support for a hood scoop so I never had issues running the taller filter on the Weber. The filter they give you in the kit is a joke.

Careful with those plastic vacuum caps on the manifold runner ports... I tried some in the past (with a different cam) and all it took was one good reversion pulse to pop them off.

Did you check to see that you're getting WOT with your linkage in it's current hole? I remember having to move the linkage to a hole closer to the throttle shaft to achieve the correct arm ratio, although my Webers were purchased from ebay off a different car, instead of buying a kit.

here is the tall filter with an additional 1" spacer between the two adapter plates. I also ditched the linkage and welded on the Keihin linkage for smoother throttle operation.
    Yea I like the look of the proflo and the weber of the same 'style' (the one Turbaka has).
    Thats awesome what you did with the linkage. I thought about doing that when I first got the weber. Seeing it now totally motivates me to try it , thanks!

[edit: {in case anyone was thinking of trying a proflo} I originally assumed the ProFlo was lower in profile than the tall Weber filter but it isn't. In fact it's taller. So anyone reading this keep that in mind. You will still need to cut the hood support. Even so I'm not entirely sure it'll fit under a 3gee hood. What do you think A20A1??]
    Last edited by SZfiftyfour; 01-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.