Thread: Why are my posts disappearing?!

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Angry Why are my posts disappearing?!

Twice now I've typed out a long response to a question and had my post disappear the next day. The first time I thought it was just a fluke but it just happened again today. I know both posts actually went through because I always reload the page to make sure they went in.

<Rant>And one more thing while I'm at it. Why is the auto-logout set to such a low number? Half the time when I type a message I have to log back in again after I hit submit because I've been logged out due to inactivity. This is extremely annoying if you type longer messages. And in fact it's so bad that I've even gotten into the habit of copying the entire text of my messages right before I hit submit just in case I have to log in again and it gives me that stupid error message about not being able to submit my post because I had to login again. Refreshing the page like it says to do doesn't work either. And then of course everything I typed in is gone now because the page was refreshed. So I have to go all the way back and reload the thread and then paste in my message again and resubmit.

Am I the only one that has these problems?

C|

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi

Re: Why are my posts disappearing?!

Not sure why your posts are disappearing, but if you go to submit and you've been logged out, use the login box on the page that pops up (not the one in the upper right hand corner). Then it will take you back to the page and everything you typed should still be there.
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

it does the same thing for me,and even if i use that log in box, it still erases everything i just typed,i've taken to typing the post in notepad since sometimes i have to try to submit it twice before it clears.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

yup ive also made it a habbit to copy all my text before submitting any long posts i make

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Sounds like a browser cache or cookie issue. Our cookies are not set to "auto logout" in such a short amount of time. I forget what the settings are, but if they are even set to expire, then it's not for weeks or even months at a time.
    - Joe

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

what browser you using? on firefox it keeps me logged in until i close the tab, on ie it logs me out every time i fart and cough.. i normaly end up just clicking the keep me logged in button ^_^

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah if you take too long like if its inactive it will log you out...just like online banking..it logs you out if you take too long

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Do any of you guys click the "Remember Me" checkbox while logging in? I do that and mine keeps me logged in forever unless I clear the cache or cookies.

I do agree though that it's good practice to copy any long posts before hitting submit. I've lost a bunch of posts by not doing it and got pissed I had to retype it.
    -Mark D.