Thread: Can code 1 cause code 15?

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Can code 1 cause code 15?

well the 02 sensor has been dying and today finely decided to spit a cel ... but along with it came code 15 .. which is ignitor and coil... now could this be from the 02 sensor going and something confuseing the ecu.. cause i honesty dont see why the ignitor would go bad the same time as the 02 .. and if the ignitor was bad i dont belive the car would start

btw this is on the 91 civic dx with a MPFI swap but since it has the same obd0 setup as the 3g i decided to post it here

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Re: Can code 1 cause code 15?

bump

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord LX

well my friend had the same problem in his ej1 civic, he had an o2 sensor code and he had a code which was the ignitor, so he changed out his distributor (it took a week cause kragen kept giving him da v-tec distributor, and his was a non v-tec motor) but anyways da whole problem of his car was da main ground wire for the engine harness was loose. so i would check the ground wire since u just recently just did a MPFI swap and change out the o2 sensor

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

well i found out the wire for the 02 sensor broke off of the harness.. so spliced it together and heat shrinked it reset ecu and no more codes... shes still running rich tho, decided to take it for a run thu the canyon and when we got back the exhuast tip was coverd in black and i just cleaned it before we left doh

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord LX

i would check ur main relay and all of ur grounds cause dat would cause it to run rich, and i would check ur air intake systemcuase if ur running rich then there is to much fuel in ur combustion camber. and also, when was the last u changed out the o2 sensor, it might b bad

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

02 sensor is oem with 173k on it, all grounds are new ... i think it might be oil on the exhuast tho.. i got a full tank this morning , put 102 miles on it about 75 of said miles were with the cel on and i reved it up a bunch of times after i got the cel fixed and took it up in the canyon and just a few minutes ago went and toped it off again to see how many gallons it took and it only took 2.3 gallons.. so it has to be oil or something on the exhuast cause if it was running that rich it seems it woulda used alot more gas ...

wondering tho... the car seemed to be sputtering alot before and it was running no name el cheapo 87 with 15% ethnol and today i put 91 shell v power in it and the sputtering went away and its running alot smoother and got better mpg

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    02 sensor is oem with 173k on it, all grounds are new ... i think it might be oil on the exhuast tho.. i got a full tank this morning , put 102 miles on it about 75 of said miles were with the cel on and i reved it up a bunch of times after i got the cel fixed and took it up in the canyon and just a few minutes ago went and toped it off again to see how many gallons it took and it only took 2.3 gallons.. so it has to be oil or something on the exhuast cause if it was running that rich it seems it woulda used alot more gas ...

wondering tho... the car seemed to be sputtering alot before and it was running no name el cheapo 87 with 15% ethnol and today i put 91 shell v power in it and the sputtering went away and its running alot smoother and got better mpg
    well the fact that your ecu is mapped for a different engine might have a litle bit to do with it