Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did accords ever get a trunk rack as an option?

did accords ever get a trunk rack as an option?

I was at the junkyard today and found a 89 lxi with as many options as you could cram into it. It had the armrest, cupholders, hood bra, sunroof, everything I could think of. Well on the trunk it has a rack with a biult in brake light. It didnt say honda on it and tail lamp section wasnt made by stanley so Im guessing it wasnt factory. Can anyone say for sure. It really looked cool. I have a pic of it on my phone Ill post when I get around to it.

On a side note, there was some seriously mangled cars at the yard today. Every 3gee was there by way of accident. ! of them had long blonde hair still in the windshield glass. Kinda screwed to me. Another hit a tree smack in the middle and buckled the roof just behind the b pillar. I didnt think that was possible on these cars.

A car fire claimed the front section of a very well kept white sedan. A red dx hatch had been smoked in for years and never even used the ashtray. It was spotless. the car however looked like it was parked by mt st helens after an eruption their was so much ash in it.

Cool day not many good finds. i went to see about some trim i wanted to swap inside. Im a bit disappionted in the dx black interior. Its more of a grey than a black. i wanted to swap it into my white hatch and make a panda car out of it. Not with a grey interior and black seats. No thanks

Vehicle
    Misty Beige 1988 LXi Coupe

Re: did accords ever get a trunk rack as an option?

Yeah, there's a rack similar to the 88-91 Prelude racks that looks sort of like a spoiler with slats running the length of the trunk. Someone popped on 3Geez with one earlier this year, can't remember whose it was but it was low-miler coupe. Think it was champagne-colored.

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe View Post
    Cool day not many good finds. i went to see about some trim i wanted to swap inside. Im a bit disappionted in the dx black interior. Its more of a grey than a black. i wanted to swap it into my white hatch and make a panda car out of it. Not with a grey interior and black seats. No thanks
    Pictures / price for the full interior (minus front seats)?

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

They had them on 2nd Gens as well. They're pretty fuckin' useful really. Awesome to tie a shitload of gear onto and cruise on down the road.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

I was at the junkyard today and found a 89 lxi with as many options as you could cram into it. It had the armrest, cupholders, hood bra, sunroof, everything I could think of. Well on the trunk it has a rack with a biult in brake light. It didnt say honda on it and tail lamp section wasnt made by stanley so Im guessing it wasnt factory. Can anyone say for sure. It really looked cool. I have a pic of it on my phone Ill post when I get around to it.

On a side note, there was some seriously mangled cars at the yard today. Every 3gee was there by way of accident. ! of them had long blonde hair still in the windshield glass. Kinda screwed to me. Another hit a tree smack in the middle and buckled the roof just behind the b pillar. I didnt think that was possible on these cars.

A car fire claimed the front section of a very well kept white sedan. A red dx hatch had been smoked in for years and never even used the ashtray. It was spotless. the car however looked like it was parked by mt st helens after an eruption their was so much ash in it.

I would bet the fire was a power steering line, i'm old enough to remember talk of a recall but it never materialized, there have been a lot of them burned by that power steering hose baking over the manifold and cracking.

3Geez Veteran

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I should have met you there! I want the cup holders and trunk rack and hood bra!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

most lights made on hondas are stanly so pretty much oem....but damn you lucky bro...get some shit

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

no I didnt want the bra it had prtobably been on since the day it bought and in decent/bad shape. Maybe some pretty good cleaning and a swe on a few supports. The trunk rack I left because i didnt think it was important. Id probably buy the entire trunk but Id never uise iot. Charlie it was on a ssm sedan. The cupholders I grabbed but I left the console and armrest. Unfortunatly Im out of room to store parts and dont really have the funds right now to buy stuff to store. I think I will go back and grab the black dx hatch interior, just in case. Anyone want the other parts. I cant say Ill get them because I wont have the cash but they are in the arlighton pull a part if anyone else wants them

Vehicle

Hell yeah, I want the black interior! If you can find out how much all the stuff will be (less the seats) I can front the bill before you go get it. LMK!

3Geez Veteran

I want the cup holders, trunk rack, and bra, like I said. I'll make that shit look good. Where's the Arlington Pull-A-Part?

I need the hood and bumper, too!

Vehicle
    88 Accord Lx 5 Speed Sedan

Im not a fan of bras on most cars or trunk racks. I wish i new you wanted cup holders before i moved i threw mine away.

arlington pull a part is about 10 minutes from my house charlie. If you decide to head up this weekend Ill text it to you. They have a website as well just in case. I think the front end was shot for some reason. I walked the honda section and they didnt have a good ssm coupe on display. You can see the difference in the 2 golds though for sure. The prices are uber cheap like the whole trunk minus lights with the rack is probably 12 bucks. Im guessing the interior is 30 minus seats and no uppers. Im going to check it out for sure. Ill probably store it for a while but youll be the 1st to get it joay if it leaves my possession. Plus itll be all clean and shiny later down the raod.

You dont get the cupholder charlie, I gave my last set to dave so Im in need of some stocking up. The armrest is there though. Youll need to find a cover but i can give you a missmatch till you do otr you can recover it if youd like.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i/90 Integra/92 LX

Here's a pic of an oem trunk rack on my parts car(can you tell?)

Darwin's rollin over in his coffin, the fittest are surviving much less often

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I saw one oem, in the yard and wish I would have got it. That one does look like a spoiler at glance and they are handy sometimes.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Any blue hatch? (Interior)

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle

Ill probably store it for a while but youll be the 1st to get it joay if it leaves my possession. Plus itll be all clean and shiny later down the raod.
    Awesome, thanks dude.

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    This is Washington. Home of the Brittany Blue SE-i coupes and [other] blue hatches. Like, four people within a square block of my house have blue hatches.

Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    their was one other hatch. it wasnt blue though. the rear hatch was made from plywood and 10 times heavier than stock. The lift supports were gone and the cars are up off the ground stacked on rims. It was killer. I cant remember but Ill keep and eye out for you. Do the same year different cars share the same pattern at all? I know I seee a million blue sedans a day. I saw my 1st blue hatch on craigslist the other day. Reminded me or b20aturbo's car that versanik bought.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

from honda brochure

all theses years and Ive never seen one. When I finally do I pass on it. Thats not like me at all. Becuase it didnt say honda or appear to be made by them i thought it was afterm,arket. I was hoping they had a blockoff plet for the 3rd light in the rear deck. Oh well im hoping itll be there next time I go (hopefully tomorrow) and Ill just grab the entire trunk. Its fitment is on par with any other. Its a great design

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

i'm sure it will dude, people aren't gonna zero in on a trunk rack typically, not from a 3g ya know?

it looks clean though with that brake light, i've seen a few of them but never in any good shape to take.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    I would bet the fire was a power steering line, i'm old enough to remember talk of a recall but it never materialized, there have been a lot of them burned by that power steering hose baking over the manifold and cracking.
    woo thank god all my fluid leaked out then.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i/90 Integra/92 LX

their was one other hatch. it wasnt blue though. the rear hatch was made from plywood and 10 times heavier than stock. The lift supports were gone and the cars are up off the ground stacked on rims. It was killer. I cant remember but Ill keep and eye out for you. Do the same year different cars share the same pattern at all? I know I seee a million blue sedans a day. I saw my 1st blue hatch on craigslist the other day. Reminded me or b20aturbo's car that versanik bought.
    If you find any blue sedan door panels for an lx-i let me know. I want to swap my electric windows out of my parts car, it has red interiorso I can't use it.

all theses years and Ive never seen one. When I finally do I pass on it. Thats not like me at all. Becuase it didnt say honda or appear to be made by them i thought it was afterm,arket. I was hoping they had a blockoff plet for the 3rd light in the rear deck. Oh well im hoping itll be there next time I go (hopefully tomorrow) and Ill just grab the entire trunk. Its fitment is on par with any other. Its a great design

I wish they would've deleted the space for the 3rd light with the rack option.
    Last edited by LewZur; 09-25-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Darwin's rollin over in his coffin, the fittest are surviving much less often

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

lew zer, mushroom toy had some he was chunking out, may stil have em idunno
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69806
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 09-25-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

I had the rack on my 2nd coupe and i was not a big fan of it.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

I had a trunk rack on my first SE-i, and I hated it... It didn't have the brake light though, and was a chrome finish....only actually used it once when going snowboarding with 3 people and I couldn't fold down the back seat to fit the long boards in.