Thread: what can i get for under $50

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon

what can i get for under $50

well im getting $50 soon, (someone bought something from me and im just now getting the rest of the money) so i decided i will devote all this money to my car, so give me a list of cool shit i can get.

thanxs

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    type r sticker

:gay:
    - Joe

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord lx-i
    find a short shifter thats what id do
    hmm and you thought the reverse polarity of the sun made you loose to a 3rd gen accord

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    YUP short shifter would be sweet. Maybe a tank of gas if your lucky
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    50 bucks will get you some heeeee.......what am I talking about. Uhm yeah a short shifter will be good.
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    get some pedals or a shift knob
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    System of a down: Toxicity;
    Alien Ant Farn: ANThology

that should get rid of your Grant

Derick

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    already have those itch, lol, already have pedals too, i know i know $50 isnt much, but oh well, i will look into the short shifter, what exactly does short shifter do?

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    go to a you pull and get the shit to make a rex lip,,, you might be able to walk away with it like nate did

Derick

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    BTW, you can go to www.fastfours.com they have the pacesetter short shifter kit for $48. A short shifter kit shorten's the throw's of your manuel transmission. I have been told that is also greatly improves the feel of the shifter as well, something it REALLY needs. Compair it to a teg GSR and you'll see what I mean.

Vehicle
    ???
    mantis has an auto

Vehicle
    1991 H23 powered Accord EX Wagon , Turbo 91 Honda CRX, and 96 Blazer LT
    yah buy a type R sticker or a Si-R badge. or maybe even both. no seriously, go get a oil change and spark plugs and wires. you know, useful stuff.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    Originally posted by hondamanlxi
    mantis has an auto
    lol
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    I know u want to spend it on something cool, but U should probably make sure your car doesn't need the maintenance stuff(spark plugs, wire, distributor cap, etc). If you are cool with those then I would get a shift knob for auto or for manual.
    Carl

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    if you can't save your money then everytime you get 50 dollars....or wait a fresh crisp 100 dollar bill...oh goodness... you will go and spend it on something that is junk....do yourself a favor...put the money in your pocket and use your time wisely to investigate good products that are out there for your car...(good products aren't cheap)....(YEAH A SHORT SHIFTER SOUNDS COOL....I'LL GET THAT....BY THE WAY WHAT IS IT)...thats hilarous but sad too...jteuton
    In the end...it doesn't even matter.
    88 Lxi, 5spd swap w/ Aasco 8lb flywheel/Cai,AccelCoil,NologyWires,SilverstoneSparks/DC421,ColtCam,Remachined Head&Tb...NitrousWorks 40shot

LXi User
    Vehicle
    was an 89 coupe Lxi, but now is an 89 dodge colt hatch with a GST under the hood :)
    dont ever get a short shifter...they are hard on your syncros....and when u do that on a tranny that already has problems if u beat on it...ur askin or it...
    There are 3 things that are most important in life....eating, sleeping, and racing.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    mantis has an auto

Which is why I update my profile to say 5-sp

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    dont ever get a short shifter...they are hard on your syncros....and when u do that on a tranny that already has problems if u beat on it...ur askin or it...
    No the shifter isn't going to do that, doesn't make sense. It's the mindset of the operator. That's like saying that when a car company improve's the shift action of their car that suddenly they are going to experience a increase of warranty claims on the syncros. They made the shift better, not worse. Unless you can tell me that its a bad product. But to many members have installed that kit and commented that it vastly improved the shift quality of the transmission.

If you someone isn't good at shifting a transmission in the first place then no I guess this kit isn't going to make them any better. But for those of us that have learned how to deal with the quality of the shifter as is from the factory and long for something better, the kit is a good idea. If you've ever driven a 93+ integra gsr, you will see what improved shift quality is all about. Of course all of this is WRONG if the kit does not improve shift quality.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Yeah, the shifter on my accord is rough and isn't smooth in engagement sometimes as I would like it too be.
    I am looking for the pacesetter short shifter, hopefully when I have some money I'll get one.
    Carl

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback
    I drove my best friends 94 cobra mustange around for a week or so with short shift in it......WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! just thought i would throw that in.....it was just fun i could care less about his short shift yet it would shift quite well...i will be getting a shortshift for my honda too.
    86 accord dx wrecked

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord lx-i
    like i said short shifter
    hmm and you thought the reverse polarity of the sun made you loose to a 3rd gen accord

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    what about a K&N air filter?
    -Scott
    3geez member since Sept. 27, 2001
    "its a shame that our society as glorified the thug life. It just churns out fearless idiots with guns " - Pimp86LX

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Lxi
    NO!!! a short shifter...

1988starter
    My dads TRD Solara has a quick shift kit it is cool but I kinda Like the stock one just the long throw esp from 5 to 4 or whenever I get to bring it back.