Thread: Weird car problem

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI FI Auto

Weird car problem

ok, when I started up my car today it took longer to turn over than it normally does. The check engine light came on and the car did not go into fast idle. It idle at about 600 cold and 1500 warm. I reset the ecu and did not help. I tried to look under the seat to see if it was blinking, but can only see the side of ecu. I can't see any light. I did take of the valve cover right before this happened. I don't the valve cover has anything to do with this. All the vaccum hoses seem to be connected. Can anyone please help.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    You need to pop open a small window on the ecu to see the code.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI FI Auto
    Where is the window? The ecu is the small red box right?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    Look under your driver side seat (from the back seat!) and you'll see a plastic box. On there will be a small door that you have to open. After doing so, put the key in the ignitionand turn until your dash lights up. Now look under the seat again and count the number of times the little red light is blinking.
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s