Thread: B Series Supercharger

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

Question B Series Supercharger

Since some people on here figured out how to use a b series intake on the a motor why couldn't a b series supercharger be made to work too.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: B Series Supercharger

The only issue will be lining up the pulleys. And making a bracket for the tensioner pulley. There is a FAQ about forced induction, where it mentions that the brake booster might be in the way of the pulley. But I think it was the same situations on the Integras, etc since the booster is in the same spot. I think that's why JR mounted the blower on the bottom of the intake manifold, so that it would sit underneath of the brake booster. But lots of the kits, if you'll notice have an alternator relocation kit as well... Also, you'll want to be careful which kit you get, as I believe the B16 supercharger is smaller than the one for the B18s but I could be wrong. The setups are quite a bit different too if you look at pictures of the diagrams on Moss Motor's site...

You should totally pick up a JR supercharger and test fit it and see what happens. Worst case scenario, you have to resell it, and you'll save me a whole fuckload of my own research. I've been saving up to buy one to see how everything lines up. I figure if the pulley lines up with one of the crank pulleys, I'm set. I can relocate the alternator to the front of the motor easily enough. But all the bracketry will have to be fabricated on your own, as a lot of the stuff is designed to bolt onto the B-series blocks. You'll also need to calculate the proper pulley ratios to keep from spinning the S/C above it's maximum RPM. So you might have to have a custom pulley machined on for the supercharger, or your crankshaft depending on what's easier. Then of course you have to deal with fuel management. But I imagine it's a little easier to tune than a turbo.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 09-07-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Re: B Series Supercharger

I were thinking about this a loong time, I still think that kompressor is more reliable than turbo setup. We definetly need to look in to that.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread