Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hondamonster build thread

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Re: Hondamonster build thread

that looks sick man very nice work1!!! and yeah im the resident spray painter... i rattle canned my 3gee so many times and different colors and schemes ive lost count (and back then they would flame people for spray paint!! )

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mike View Post
    i dont know everytime i look at it it keeps growing on me i just love it love it love it! really nice body work on the rear quarter.
    i appreciate it! and it's only gonna get better
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    that looks sick man very nice work1!!! and yeah im the resident spray painter... i rattle canned my 3gee so many times and different colors and schemes ive lost count (and back then they would flame people for spray paint!! )
    cool cool. shoulda known coming to a new forum i couldn't just swipe a resident title lol. seems like a cool community on here though. small enough to where everybody knows everybody else.

LX User

dude, sweet hondas. I like the ragged look and the tank is a sweet touch. i think the bmw wheels look pretty cool and i was wondering what exactly you had to do to get them to fit. what are "baloons"?

"e30 wheels are like a +25 or +30 offset and i have baloons"-hondamonster

Quote Originally Posted by parkersnine View Post
    dude, sweet hondas. I like the ragged look and the tank is a sweet touch. i think the bmw wheels look pretty cool and i was wondering what exactly you had to do to get them to fit. what are "baloons"?

"e30 wheels are like a +25 or +30 offset and i have baloons"-hondamonster

I think he means his wheels are really big in other words they're balloons.

-dan

haha. my tires have a very tall aspect ratio = baloons. kinda like saying low pro tires are rubber bands, big sidewalls look like baloons. and thanks. as far as getting the wheels to fit, nothing had to be done. they're 4x100. but given my big tires and low stance, i rolled my rear fenders. actually got to drive the car around today and the fronts rub under cornering (i.e. body roll) so i'm gonna have to lose the inner fenders and roll the mounting points for them in the front fenders too, cause i'm going at least another inch down

DX User

hondamonster i knew i saw your username on pp. and then i saw your avatar and knew it was you man i love your lude. the 3geez is nice too.

yeah i remember your screen name too. mostly cause i could never figure out how to say it and mentally just started calling it "big blue oak." don't ask why.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by 86ccord View Post
    nice work..that stencil art is cool shit! cant wait to see your new wheels and tires!

BUT! i beg to differ.. im the best 3geez resident painter.. fo sho!
    we shall see about the best resident painter wait for updates next spring/summer

anyway , good work hondamonster breaking out the Louisville for the fender rolling, cheap, effective, and better than renting one of the rollers that potentially will mess the 1/4 up. ive been wondering myself of any bmw wheells would fit with a lower offset

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

yeah all the old 325i's have 4x100 so the bbs wheels they had optionally should fit too. i still have the accord and everyting but the paint still isn't finished. been driving it every day. my prelude is for sale so i'm waiting to get it out of my driveway before i start spending any more money and working on something else

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

driving a car while doing alot of bodywork and prep for paint is a real PITA, did it with my olds , worst thing ever to wet sand a big car like that in the winter. least we have smaller cars compared to that.

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

true. but combined with the lower temps, its raining every day here in tn. that and between lab formals and papers and exams for school and working the rest of my time at autozone all while trying to juggle around family and a girlfriend, its tough to find the time. the prelude's for sale so maybe some funding soon.

here's me. and my panda.

painted the lower halves of the passenger side doors lol. ran out of daylight (daylight savings time ftl.) maybe doing the rest tomorrow if i can dodge the hurricane coming up from the gulf. and if the weather stays good, i'm slamming it tomorrow. driving the lude for a few days to tie this car up. i need a rear bumper too... and at pullapart they sit the cars on these stands made of wheels and of course the sit them on the rear bumpers of the cars, bending them beyond usable condition. gay.

You actually have a panda bear lol too funny! probably gets chicks though haha. On a side note, what ethnicity are you Hondamonster? in your pic you look latin american

-dan

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Panda ftw <3

Quote Originally Posted by dacantu View Post
    You actually have a panda bear lol too funny! probably gets chicks though haha. On a side note, what ethnicity are you Hondamonster? in your pic you look latin american
    bahaha. nah i've got a chick. she actually gave me the panda. his name is optimus prime... i have an awesome woman!

and nah i'm just white. maybe a little dark white, but i'm white. my great grandfather on my mom's side was lebanese, but thats about as mixed as my blood gets in any one direction as far as i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    Panda ftw <3
    yessir! i'd let him drive more often, but being chinese, i kinda prefer not to. he isn't the best behind the wheel.

well anyways, got some more work done.

lower half of doors done

faded trim ftl

so i decided to freshen that up too

and my new thing... only the most baller type of guys go for white lettering

haha. i love this car. more to come as i find time! i just need a rear bumper to finish the paint.

getting a bent rim replaced by a buddy who works at a shop. just had to buy and paint another wheel, which was kinda gay. but i'm getting the new one mounted and getting the rotations on all the tires corrected. stupid "tire man" hole-in-the-wall-redneck shop put a couple on backwards. deep treads on one side instead of one axle. next up is the stance... gotta buy a cut-off wheel...

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

I'm liking the color

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

thank you sir! i just wish i could find a freakin bumper already! this gold beat up one is driving me crazy every time i look at it haha

pinch fork mod done! liking the resources on this site haha

it was too dark to take pics after, but looks to be about 3/4 of an inch lower now. that, and its on a combo of bimmer wheels and a couple different kinds of steelies right now so i'm not sure about how much it actually changed. tomorrow i'm gonna finish everything up suspension wise then i'll schedule an alignment.
    while checking my clearances, i decided to snap this pic...

unfortunately this is with the wheel actually sitting completely against the fender well. can't quite dump it on these wheels and tires. i was kinda leary about cutting springs up to get it lower anyway. oh wells.

What does this pinchfork mod do? And all you did to lower the car was cut the springs? Looks like a nice drop, all you need now is some low pro tires to go on those wheels

-dan

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Btw im not a mod bro LOL. but ill get someone to take care of you.....your work looking great. Keep it up bro

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Quote Originally Posted by dacantu View Post
    What does this pinchfork mod do? And all you did to lower the car was cut the springs? Looks like a nice drop, all you need now is some low pro tires to go on those wheels
    no no it has lowering springs, i was just going to trim a coil or so out of the top of them to get it a little lower, but with as much as these tires rub due to their size, amplified by the lower than stock offset of the wheels, i can't really dump it without shaving tire over every minor bump. just leaving them how they are. the pinch fork thing gets the front to drop a bit more without cutting any springs and it allows you to retain shock travel so you don't bottom the shocks out internally when you hit a big bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendon LX-i View Post
    Btw im not a mod bro LOL. but ill get someone to take care of you.....your work looking great. Keep it up bro
    ah dang. well you should be. but yeah if you could tell whoever... just seems like i'm not getting much attention in here i guess... but maybe i'm just spoiled over at pp.com haha. i've got 30 something pages of people jabbering in my thread over there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamonster View Post
    no no it has lowering springs, i was just going to trim a coil or so out of the top of them to get it a little lower, but with as much as these tires rub due to their size, amplified by the lower than stock offset of the wheels, i can't really dump it without shaving tire over every minor bump. just leaving them how they are. the pinch fork thing gets the front to drop a bit more without cutting any springs and it allows you to retain shock travel so you don't bottom the shocks out internally when you hit a big bump.
    hmmm that pinch fork mod seems interesting... I might have to do this. i'll look it up in the suspension section. if i cant seem to find it i'll let you know so you can point me in the right direction.

Great progress with the car though im really enjoying the color and cant wait to see what you do performance-wise. keep up the good work man!

-dan

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Damn that looks fresh bro! slammed ftw!

wish i could go that low, but the tires are too big
    Last edited by Hondamonster; 11-28-2009 at 09:51 AM.