I want to post this so that everyone can see how the AOM system is run. There may be slight changes from time to time, which would only serve to streamline operations. After the first months, we may have learned a few things and want to update the rules.
1) Accord of the Month Requirements
In order to be AOM (Accord of the Month), there are a few requirements. These requirements must ALL be satisfied in order for the nomination process to continue for a vehicle.
- The current vehicle owner must be a member of 3geez. Only the current vehicle owner may be eligible.
- The current vehicle owner must be in one of the following usergroups: Registered (DX User, LX User, LXi User, SEi User, 2.0Si User, 3geez Veteran), Foundation Member, Moderator, Administrator, Director.
- The AOM must be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Generation Honda Accord.
- There must be no considerable damage or missing body parts on the vehicle at the time of nomination, unless said alterations are meant to aesthetically enhance the vehicle's appearance, increase performance, or is the result of organized racing competition.
- Vehicles that have been awarded AOM after June 2007 are ineligible for AOM consideration for a period of two years after they were last awarded AOM.
2) The Nominating Process
- A thread is to be created in the Accord of the Month forum by 3geez Administration for nominations at the beginning of every month.
- A list is to be created in the Nomination Thread listing the past AOM winners that are ineligible for AOM consideration.
- Self nominations are not allowed.
- Members must have at least 50 posts in order to nominate a vehicle for AOM.
- When nominating a vehicle, please do so in the thread dedicated to nominations ONLY. Any posts in other threads will be deleted.
- When nominating a vehicle, a picture of the vehicle MUST be included, as well as either a mod list or detailed paragraph explaining why that car is being nominated. If no picture, or an insufficient explanation, is provided before the voting stage begins, that nomination will be removed from consideration. Please see https://www.3geez.com/forum/announcement.php?f=12&a=28
for instructions on how to post pictures.
- The member nominating the vehicle may consult with the vehicle owner in compiling the write-up and pictures.
- No discussion is allowed in the nomination or voting poll. In the nomination thread, all posts that are not valid nominations will be deleted. Seconded or duplicate nominations will be deleted.
- No campaigning is allowed anywhere on the board during the nomination stage.
- The nomination thread is to be left open until the 20th of the month. After the 20th, the thread is to be locked.
3) The Selection Process
- 3geez Administration will select all valid nominations for use in the AOM voting thread and disregard invalid nominations based upon the requirements set forth above.
4) The Voting Process
- A poll is to be created by 3geez Administration in the Accord of the Month forum where all members can vote for the AOM.
- The voting thread is to be left open until the end of the month.
- The poll is to include pictures and descriptions for each vehicle being voted on.
- In the voting poll, ALL posts not made by 3geez Administration will be deleted. The point is to make voting and nomination as objective as possible. If you don't agree with a particular nomination, then don't vote for it.
- No campaigning is allowed anywhere on the board during the voting stage.
- The winner of the voting poll at the end of the month is to be the Accord of the Month for the following month.
5) The Award Process
- Upon the closing of the AOM voting thread, 3geez Administration is to create a thread congratulating the current owner of the winning vehicle. This thread will be open for all members to comment.
- The Winner Thread is to contain a picture of the winning vehicle and the write-up submitted in the nomination thread.
- The current owner of the winning vehicle will receive a custom user title signifying his/her award of AOM.
- If there is only one valid nomination, then there will not be a voting stage. The sole nomination will be named AOM.
- If no vehicles are nominated for AOM, the second place contestant from the most recent voting poll will be awarded AOM. In following months, if nominations continue to be absent, or if the second place contestant from the most recent voting poll has already been awarded AOM in the past 24 months, the selection will move on to the next eligible second place contestant in subsequently prior voting polls.