Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finish the H22A swap?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 SEi 4dr (H22A soon?)

Re: Finish the H22A swap?

Little FYI: The bad weather has finally hit, and pretty much shut this project down until February, when I can weld without my fingers falling off.

Not really looking forward to summer either, as our other 3G is going to need a rebuild or an engine transplant.
    Engineer by profession, writer by practice, mechanic by necessity, martial artist by design.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 SEi 4dr (H22A soon?)

Talking Re: Finish the H22A swap?

Quick update here:

Warm weather! It's still finger-numb cold after dark, but at least I can get some work done during the day. One of the project cars is out of the driveway, and project car number two is nearing 'move it' status. That means I can work on my H22A car, right? Wrong! The '89 SEi that's been a faithful steed to our family for seven years has ticked over 218k and is in dire need of a rebuild. A compression check gave me numbers consistently in the 127-131 psi range. Ouch! Unfortunately, I simply do not have the budget for a rebuild. To say nothing of the transmission's slow death...

On the other hand, I feel I've really gotten my money out of the car. And it has a sunroof. And those nice disc brakes (with mostly new hardware I just purchased last year), and the front suspension doesn't need replacement. And it's already fuel injected. Hm...

Well, I should have project #2 out of the driveway by the end of the month, so around April Fool's day, I'll make an appraisal of the two hondas and get out my welding machine and camera.
    Engineer by profession, writer by practice, mechanic by necessity, martial artist by design.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

know what, i'd finish it, drive it. then decide if you want to keep it. it IS a 4dr and they are pretty convenient. i vote you finish it.

Vehicle
    SE-i Sedan 5 spd

Love the WRX bus! I had a '71 Camperbus that I picked up in Brussels after grad school. Spent the next 5 months driving around Europe, then shipped it back to US, and kept it in CT for probably another 6 months. Didn't really use it for recreation here, as I moved to a woodsy area anyway. Then someone almost hit me head-on in a low speed collision, and the next day I happened to see what happened to those buses in a front-ender (steering wheel goes right to the seatback). I freaked out and sold it.

I had the "big" engine (all of 70hp). I remember struggling to stay at 100kph on a slight uphill on the Autobahn, while the Porsches etc went by me in the left lane at 200-250kph. But the Porsches couldn't pull over, pop the top, put on the coffee, and have a nice sleep!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

more pix of the bus!!!