Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thyfire’s 1Geen Restoration - Lots of pics

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Thyfire’s 1Geen Restoration - Lots of pics

Hi guys

Been thinking about posting this for a while now,
    I’ve been working on my 1977 Honda Accord since August now.

Some specs:

It’s a European model, 1977 as said, original it was green, and was repainted black a year or so ago. (not the best work I’ve seen tho..)
    It has a 5 speed manual transmission and a 1,6 liter carborater moter. (duh)

I bought it for a laughing price, after the previous owner had “bump in” with the guardrail and managed to wreak the whole right side.

Before damage

After damage

None the less, I saw the potential in this car, and having NO experience what so ever in body work, I bought it, thinking it would be easy peachy, just slap some Bondo on it and glory glory, paint and done.

Liking the hood

Over all the damage wasn’t that significant.

The interior was horrible when I bought it.

Those red detail go about all the vinylpanels in the car. My best guess is that the previous owner was colorblind. No way red and yellow/beige is a good combination. Notice the nice floor mats

Last edited by Thyfire; 10-31-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Re: Thyfire’s 1Geen Restoration - Lots of pics

I guess I could tell you something about myself too.
    I’m a girl, 21 year old. Haven’t been that mechanical about cars, but been loving cars since I was about 15 year.

Bought my first project when I was 17 (before I got my license). That was a relative rear Volkswagen Scirocco. 1,8 GTI

A little snipp:

Miss it so much… I’ll show you what happened.

Well nuff said about that.
    Now I own a Toyota Celica 1.8 A200 and have a Volvo V40 2.0turbo stationwagen (familiycar)

My Toyota

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

wow black 1st gens look nice

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Finally you opened a thread Now show us what you have done so far :P

The car is nice indeed. Love that roof spoiler

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by A18A
    wow black 1st gens look nice
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo
    Finally you opened a thread Now show us what you have done so far :P

The car is nice indeed. Love that roof spoiler
    Yeah, i love the roof spoiler too. Actually first i thought of getting rid of it, but it actually grew on me, looks pretty "original" too, so i don't feel it ruins the classic feel of the car

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

love your 1g
    god that rocco was beautiful! sad to see it was hit

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1982 VW Scirocco, 1995 Acura Integra LS. Previously Owned: 1989 Accord LXi, 1991 Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by Thyfire View Post
    Bought my first project when I was 17 (before I got my license). That was a relative rear Volkswagen Scirocco. 1,8 GTI

A little snipp:

Miss it so much… I’ll show you what happened.
    Wow, your rocco was beautiful! I recently saved a rocco from the scrapper and have been slowly working things out on it and driving it around.
    Where did you get the Kamei eyelid by the way? I really want one but they seem impossible to find now-a-days ><

Clean find on the 1gee too btw a lil work on the bit of damage and she will be nice!
    Last edited by GraniteLXI; 10-31-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

First days in the shop, I stared applying filler to the door and sanding down the scratches and dents.

Working on the front wheel arch.

Obs, look what I found

Not a pleasant surprise.

Ended up cutting it out with a powergrinder, and welding in a piece of metal .

Welding in progress - Getting some assistance here

The metal came from a donor car, a Nissan Laruel.

Filling inn the weld.

Now the weld place looks like this.

We are getting there
    Last edited by Thyfire; 10-31-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    love your 1g
    god that rocco was beautiful! sad to see it was hit
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteLXI View Post
    Wow, your rocco was beautiful! I recently saved a rocco from the scrapper and have been slowly working things out on it and driving it around.
    Where did you get the Kamei eyelid by the way? I really want one but they seem impossible to find now-a-days ><

Clean find on the 1gee too btw a lil work on the bit of damage and she will be nice!
    Thank you guys. I really miss my Rocco. It was such a nice car.
    I really fixed it up and had it real nice, and then i got stupid one day and wreaked the whole thing. Blah, hate myself for that. About the eyelid thing, i bought it like that

Bought that one cheap too, fixed it up ( it was soooo much wrong with it) and I putt on some adjustable coil-overs, had it real low and nice, stiff like a stick, was superb to drive on the track.

One good thing came out of the whole thing, and that was that I got back on the insurance when i wreaked it; Three times the price i paid for it!

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

My work place

Be glad you can't see the bottom left corner, cus thats where Every thing is just tossed around. Haven't gotten around to assemble the shelf I bought for my tools, and in the back end of the garage, is lots of wood boards and stuff, I'm renting the place and the dude never gets around to moving it. hehe. Haven't paid anything before he moves its, so it ok.

I'm Messy

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Nice work so far. Can't wait to see it done

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Yeah looking good! The finished product is going to be sweet! How many 1geez do you suppose are left in Norway?

Vehicle

Not many I were looking for one my self, and so far no luck.. better chance in sweeden.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Yeah looking good! The finished product is going to be sweet! How many 1geez do you suppose are left in Norway?
    Hope its going to be sweet when its done too!

Dunno about how many, can't seem to find any spare parts so my guess is few
    They seem to have more in Sweden actually.
    I'm trying to order some parts from there now, found a complete black interior! OMG. I want it so bad.

Missing some trim pieces too, so I hope I find some. Getting stuff to this car is like an f'n- find &go-seek game.
    Missing a signal sidemarker on the rightside as you can see from the pictures in my first post.

Front fender does also have a nasty ding in it

Since its a chrome part, I don't really know what to do there. Can't seem to find a part, even worse to find since I can't use 79-81 fender (which I actually found...) Anyone know if its possible to use that fender with minor adjustments?

Also I'm hoping to find a new bub/socket to the indicator light on the rightside of the fender (the white one).
    The whole socket just crumbled in my hands when I removed the front fender. Still works tho, but isn't exactly stable.

More updates around the corner.....
    Last edited by Thyfire; 11-01-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Vehicle

I have an almost complete black interior from a '78 that I found at the wrecking yard. It's not vinyl with the cloth inserts though. Nothing fits in my 81 as I found out... so it's up for sale. I have front and rear seats, door panels, rear seat side panels, and all the carpets. All in excellent condition. There is like one slightly visible blue mark of some kind but you can barely see it unless you're in the right light. Here's some pics if you're interested at all... I know shipping might be a killer overseas though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgturk/...7607545047948/

DX User

I have an almost complete black interior from a '78 that I found at the wrecking yard. It's not vinyl with the cloth inserts though. Nothing fits in my 81 as I found out... so it's up for sale. I have front and rear seats, door panels, rear seat side panels, and all the carpets. All in excellent condition. There is like one slightly visible blue mark of some kind but you can barely see it unless you're in the right light. Here's some pics if you're interested at all... I know shipping might be a killer overseas though...

Holy shit look how clean that is! I can't believe you found that at the wreckers.

Vehicle

Yeah me either. It cost me $30 and a 6 pack of PBR tall boys!

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

aaah, SWEET!

But as you say, shipping IS a killer. I'm deff. going to check it up, but I imagen its horrible price... I actuall need a weight estimated, or size.. It has to be crated to be shipped - via boat.

Tomisimo; Made we could split shipping, you said something about you having some bodyparts and stuff waiting in the states?

Vehicle

after christmas maybe.. untill then I'm low on cash, have to many gifts still pending to buy..

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
    after christmas maybe.. untill then I'm low on cash, have to many gifts still pending to buy..
    Theres no hurry, after Christmas will be fine by me I'll talk to you later about the cost, Not sure if the price of shipping is worth it...

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Do you have ANY idea what this would weigh? if its like 60lbs or more like 120lbs? I really can't wrap my head around how much its likely to weigh...
    Last edited by Thyfire; 11-02-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Vehicle

Umm. That's a good question. I'll set the seats on a bathroom scale and see what they weigh when I get a chance...

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Umm. That's a good question. I'll set the seats on a bathroom scale and see what they weigh when I get a chance...
    Quite a job I got you into, huh..
    Well, no hurry, It won't happen before Christmas is over anyways.

And I'll be Checking up on that car they have in Sweden, got back a reply just now that I could give them a list of what parts I need and they'll get back to me with prices on shipping and parts. Finally. This one had an intact fender too, as far as I could see from the pictures.

Vehicle

Cool, yeah if you can get those other seats, you should. The cloth inserts in the middle are way nicer than the all-vinyl seats. Also, it might be worth calling a couple shops in your area and find out about getting your seats recovered. You might be surprised at how cheap it is, and they'll be like brand new... I might list these up for sale here locally soon, just to try to avoid the hassle of shipping them. They're taking up a lot of space in my room...

Vehicle
    1977 Honda Accord

Cool, yeah if you can get those other seats, you should. The cloth inserts in the middle are way nicer than the all-vinyl seats. Also, it might be worth calling a couple shops in your area and find out about getting your seats recovered. You might be surprised at how cheap it is, and they'll be like brand new... I might list these up for sale here locally soon, just to try to avoid the hassle of shipping them. They're taking up a lot of space in my room...
    I'll check out those seats first yeah. Recovering is really expensive here, its not worth it. And besides I want new doorpanels, and as you saw in the above pictures I have some really horrible red spraypainted details throughout the interior. Gosh. Hate it!

I agree it would be a hassle shipping stuff like that, try selling it locally.. To bad to see it waste.