Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naf's 2.0i-16 | Neverending project and DD

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Re: Naf's 2.0i-16 | Neverending project and DD

I know this aint got nothin 2 do with nothin but how yall put the image on ya signature?
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

go to control panel and create sig.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

<3 <3 <3

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    '89 Accord 2.0i-16 | '89 Accord 1.6 STD | '84 Opel Ascona

Ahem... Oh well, random bumpage ftw?

Reminds me that I need to update this thread.

Vehicle

Been a while.

Was a bunch of stuff I had planned to do during the summer, and I'm kicking myself right now for not getting anything of it done, and I don't really have a place to do anything in the winter, which is just around the corner.

I'm still looking for that front koni set to get the drop done, and some day I will do the JDM ecu/ignition swap. Also been thinking about maybe getting one of those OBX headers for the prelude and modify it, and get the rest of my exhaust done with some nicer piping (which I've been meaning to do for over 2 years now). All in good time

Anyhow, I have a small update for now. My floor mats were singing on their last verse, so I picked up a set of momo mats from a local forum, along with a momo pedal cover set. Rice-ish perhaps, but the rubber covers are all worn through so I need to figure out somethng for ant-slipping and I think the pedals look alright. Just need to figure out how to install them with minimum damage done.

They're the kind that need holes drilled through the original pedals. The brake pedal is no problem, but I'm not sure yet what to do with the gas and clutch. The clutch wouldn't be a problem either, it's pretty much like the brake pedal, but it's got what seems like some reinforcement bits tacked on behind it, and they would interfere with the nuts/bolts needed to fasten the pedal cover. Not to mention it's pretty hard to get in/under there with any tools.

The gas pedal is entirely different, first off it's longer than the cover so it doesn't really fit on top of it. Then there's the placement of the holes, they're right in the center, but I don't think I can drill through and fasten the cover there. So I need to figure something out. Maybe I'll trim a bit off of the pedal so the new covers would sit flush, then I just need to figure out how to get them attached. But I'm not terribly keen on cutting up the pedals either... Any good ideas?

The mats are already in the car, I tried snapping a pic but it was dark outside already so you can't really see them at all (they're black). Never thought I'd actually have to "install" a floor mat, as it is now the drivers side mat won't come out without a screwdriver.

It was a bit too long to fit with the gas tank/trunk opener switches so I unscrewed the plastic cover thingy for those and slid the mat under and screwed it back in. Shouldn't have the same problem as I did earlier with the mat moving around all the time now.

Here's a crappy pic of the pedals. They're not too ricey are they?

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Who considers momo rice?

I know when I installed my pedals it was a real freaking bitch! I had to walk away at one point.. So good luck haha I can't recall what I did but I made it work with the supplied hardware.
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle

Yeah I suppose momo would be more like pasta than rice

I was thinking more of pedal covers in general than the brand. I don't usually like pedal covers, but I think these wouldn't look too out of place.

Vehicle

Random pics!

Engine bay after a quick clean.

Damages from last winter: One from the wife driving over a block of ice, and the other I scratched on the rear bumper of my A16A backing out of the yard :P

Nothing's really happened exterior-wise, except for the window trim flaking (which was expected) and new front tires since my old ones got chewed up from bad alignment after I replaced my radius rod ends when fixing up stuff needed for inspection. That was like 5 months ago, also replaced pads and rotors at the rear, I need to do a rebuild on my rear calipers... Can't use the handbrake since it gets stuck. Strangely it worked just fine for about a week after I did the pads/rotors, so I got it through inspection just fine.

And yea, I replaced my front sway bar end links with poly bushings, should have some pics of that somewhere but can't find them now.

And then to more current stuff, did the pedal covers today. Well the brake and clutch one, need to figure out someway to do the gas pedal.

I now know how the plastic cover should be removed...

This horseshoe thingy is what I dremeled off from the backside of the clutch pedal so I could screw the new covers on. I have no idea what it's supposed to be good for, was just welded on at the sides.

It got dark around when I started drilling the holes, so wasn't any point in trying to take any pics in between, but I managed to take this one with the help of my flash light.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

looks good mate, when you going to swap over that ignition stuff?

Vehicle

I'm hoping to get it done next summer, way too cold to do anything here now in the winter.

Hey mate im really loving your car, its the inspiration for what im going to do to my '86 hatch. Its red too and im hoping to respray the lot like you (wicked paint job). Did you use the special plastic compound on the bumpers to stop chipping?
    Keep it up!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Australian 86 View Post
    Hey mate im really loving your car, its the inspiration for what im going to do to my '86 hatch. Its red too and im hoping to respray the lot like you (wicked paint job). Did you use the special plastic compound on the bumpers to stop chipping?
    Keep it up!
    Thanks

Yeah, I used some kind of flex compound in the paint on the bumpers, can't remember exactly what it was. Works pretty good, I used it on the mud flaps as well.

I've got the car parked atm tho, need to get some stuff done to it and can't drive it anyway until I get it inspected. Didn't bother doing it since I knew it would fail on the brakes. Right now I'm just waiting for motivation to start on it again, got some rust that needs to be taken care of and going to get new brake calipers for the rear. Also been thinking about doing a rebuild on the engine, my thoughts just tend to run away from me when I'm thinking about what I need to do... In my head I usually end up with a fully built race engine, titanium exhaust, cf doors/trunk/hood/wheels and so on.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

if money is no object u can build one of them engineses

Vehicle

Yeah, too bad money is an object

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord Lx-i, 06 GMC Sierra

damn im loving this car

Vehicle

Thanks
    Too bad it's just been sitting for about 3-4 months now, need to find the time and inspiration to get it back on track... Or rather, I need to get off my lazy behind and do something about it.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah we need more updates

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned