Thread: "Warning" KYB susupension parts

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

"Warning" KYB susupension parts

I put knew shocks and struts on the accord this weekend. I had ordered KYB strut mount bushings and boots.

The rear went okay with the strut boot and bushings.

But the front strut boots did not fit, coil spring I.D. too small. The bushings proved to be too soft had to use the original honda bushings.

At some point I'll order all new honda bushings and reinstall them.

Just wanted to let you guys know my opinion on KYB bushing "TO SOFT"
    Phil

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Re: "Warning" KYB susupension parts

thanks for letting us know Phil. ...do you have any measurements and/or pics of any of this as compared to stock? Do we know if KYB supplied you with the proper part numbers, or if by some chance they sent the wrong part to you?

Anyone else out there tried this?
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

As per KYB the numbers were correct. the bushings fit, they were just to soft. The front strut boot/bumper (SB108) just would not fit in the front coil sping.

Honda strut bushings are considerably firmer than KYB. The top bushing was easy to replace after noticing the bushing engulfing the washer under load.

I would have swapped out the bottom had I not had to go to the auto shop to use the Brannick compressor, mine were tp large for the coil spring.

I'll get the numbers later.
    Phil

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

what everyone needs to do, is when ever someone replaces a bush, take some measurements and post them up.
    then we can go to our local parts place and go thru the urethane bush book and find a part that will fit or that will ft with minor mods, and post the car its from.
    for example, i could'nt find a lower rear shock bush for the 3g,but there is a civic one that just needs the crush tube shortened a few mm and bout .25 mm turned off the outer sleeve.
    it would make all our lives that much easier.
    and if any of you guys want urethane uca bushes, us kiwis and prob aussies can get them, since it seems they are not available state side