Thread: Exhaust/Muffler Query

Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord Hatchback

Exhaust/Muffler Query

Here's another fun question - my Accord is the hatchback, 1602cc engine, Europe-spec, 1981 registration - not sure of the build date.

I'm in need of some exhaust parts and it's a bit irritating as there seems to be a bit of a crossover on that year in terms of the parts numbers.

The general theme seems to be that exhaust parts are largely split between1976-81 and 1981-82. Awkward!

I'm wondering whether mine falls into the 1976-81 category and the 1981-82 is for the model after with the different body and one-piece headlights etc.

Just wondered whether there's any way of sorting this, check which is right, etc. Does anyone have an exhaust catalogue handy to confirm? Also it appears to be a 3-piece system, is that right? Any info appreciated.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: Exhaust/Muffler Query

I'm going to say taht the 81-82 you're seeing is mostly a Japan thing for the 82-83 models that came with the square headlights. In Japan they got cars a year early (not sure how far back this extends, or if it even applies to this time period), but that would be my guess as to what's going on. I'd put your car in the 76-81 range as far as exhaust parts fitting.