Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 2 Aerodecks - '89EXi & '89EXi Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

Re: The 2 Aerodecks - '89EXi & '89EXi Exclusive Edition

I love most recent pictures on the snowy road...very nice!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe View Post
    why take the aerodeck apart it looks great from those pictures. is there alot of hidden rust under the paint?
    You might have misunderstood me, I was thinking of scrapping the other Aero, not the Exclusive that I'm driving. The Exclusive is going to stay, even if I'm not going to drive it in the future, it's not going anywhere.. Ever!
    The other car has quite a bit of work needed, yeah. It can be done, but I don't think I'm going to do it, because I need to buy an engine for my Hyundai.
    Honda Accord Aerodeck Exclusive Edition '89 A20A3
    Vw Jetta Mk1 Coupé '80

Vehicle
    '89 Accord 2.0i-16 | '89 Accord 1.6 STD | '84 Opel Ascona

Quote Originally Posted by -Rotu- View Post
    Google translator says that in Finnish it's the same as in Estonian - pooltelg.
    Google translate has it wrong, it's vetoakseli in Finnish. Which translates to veotelg in Estonian and drive shaft in English. Is that what you mean?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Naf's Asdf View Post
    Google translate has it wrong, it's vetoakseli in Finnish. Which translates to veotelg in Estonian and drive shaft in English. Is that what you mean?
    Yep. The drivers side drive shafts outer bearing was busted.
    Vw Jetta Mk1 Coupé '80

Vehicle
    '89 Accord EX

ohh that's really funny!

Vehicle

It's been 3 years.. 3 long years, since I flipped my Exclusive Edition on a snowy road. To be exact, 19.03.2010 was the date. I took this picture some half hour before the accident.

No big damage was done, because it really quite softly fell on it's side and then slowly rolled on it's roof. Denting the some of the bodywork and crushing the sunroof and windscreen. Since then, it has bees sitting in my garage corner, waiting for me to do something about it.

The other Aerodeck, which I also used to have, got scrapped. The body was quite in a bad shape and I didn't have the time or money to put in it. Most of the parts I took for spares for the Exclusive Edition.

As I'm not living with my parents any more and am studying for some years already in university, which is 160km's away, progress on the Exclusive is going to be slow. But it's not a problem for me, because I really want to make it as good as possible, after all, this is my favourite car.

01.05.2013 was revolutionary as the Aerodeck finally saw daylight again. The interior was taken out already some time ago and the car pretty much only has the steering wheel, driver's seat and dash in it. The reason, the car got out of the garage, is that FINALLY it's going to a body repairman, who is going to fix the roof area and other places, that need some work.

As I said, progress is going to be slow, I'm not in a hurry. I'm just happy, that the car will get some love and attention again.

The reason I posted here again, is that to show you, that I'm still a 3Geez guy and that My Aerodeck hasn't been forgotten forever.
    Last edited by -Rotu-; 05-03-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    Vw Jetta Mk1 Coupé '80

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Wow man, sorry about the damage to the car! You guys are really dedicated to your cars over there. Over here, an old Accord with that much damage would just go to the crusher. It's good to see some love! There's no questioning that you are a 3geez guy! Can't wait to see how it comes out! Should be better than ever.

Vehicle

Hi again!
    Some time has passed and I've gotten the Aerodeck back for some time already. The body repairman pulled out the roof to its original size (needs lots of smoothing) and welded new wheel arches and fixed some spots on the car floor. The rest of the work before paint is for me to do.
    Progress is slow, because at the moment I haven't got much motivation to build it. On some days I've been bored and have done some bodywork, but it's still a long way to go.

Here's some pics of the car when I got it back from the body repairman:

And some from today:

There's still lots to do. As I've got most of the removable body panels from my older Aerodeck, I'm going to use the passenger door and tailgate from it, because the Exclusive's door is too full of dents and the tailgate has rustholes where I don't want them. I need to find another hood too, because the Exclusive's hood is, again, full of dents and bent and the old Aero's hood has lots of rust and also dents.

I also sold my everyday car (Vw Golf mk3 Variant GTD), because of a good offer. Now I'm still between putting the money into the Aero or buying a new everyday car or collecting some more money to buy an even better car. Sure I'd like the Aero to be ready, but the summer is almost over and I wouldn't want to drive it in our extremely salty winter.

If anyone is interested, this was how my Golf looked like:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Vw Jetta Mk1 Coupé '80

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

looks like the the repairs are being done the right way. It already looks good as is

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude
    Looking good!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)