Thread: Programmable ECU!

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.

Programmable ECU!

I was reading the new Honda Sport last night and there was a section on the front that caught my attention. Low and behold AEM is making a programmable ECU! I didn't get much of a chance to read up on it (I was in the grocery store) so I don't know if it is compatible with our cars but I think it is universal? Anyways, I just thought I would share that bit of info with all my 3geez friends....Peace.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    see user name
    Yes I've also seen an article on the AEM programable ECU. It may be universal, but the application guide doesn't list our cars. The cars listed, will have a direct plug to fit there factory plug, But if you wanted to use it on our cars, I think you would have to custom wire it. Depending on your electrical experience, it could be tricky and difficult. It would be cool if someone could figure out how to wire one to our cars though. I also think that it cost over $1000 dollars so I don't think anyone will have that much money into experimenting with it.
    That's all I have to say.
    peace out!!
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    When it comes to ECU's, we have one single thing riding on our sides... Our ECU's have the same pinout and plugs as the CRX's ECU. There are a few pins that are exclusive to the CRX, but the rest match up.

From bottom to top: OBD-0, OBD-1, OBD-2, OBD-2b

If you're willing to do the work, it can be done.

My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?