Thread: Signal/Hazard issue.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXI

Signal/Hazard issue.

Recently, my signals and hazards dont work anymore. Everytime I replace the 10A fuse for the hazards, it blows. I probally have a short circuit somewhere.
    I've read other threads, and said that it can be a relay problem or even the hazard and turn signal switch that is broken. I'm very noob when it comes to electrical stuff

If you have also a pic of what the hazard/signal relay looks like or where it is placed, Id like to know since my haynes book shows something different

1989 LX (Carburator) Thanks!

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Re: Signal/Hazard issue.

Aside from a relay, it could be the switch. Easy to replace, just means removing your steering wheel, steering column shroud and swapping in a new one. Best to pick one up from the junkyard.

I'll wait for others to chime in, but I am thinking this could be your issue.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

take out all the bulbs first for the turn signals,now see if it blows the fuse, they sometimes short inside when they blow out. if it doesn't blow you just saved a lot of time and aggrevation, if it still blows look at the wires near the signals carefully for shorts.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

Also it could be a frayed wire in the column switch itself. Over time a wire casing may have worn and touching bare metal, thus blowing a fuse everytime you put in a fuse. I had an old Chevy before I rebuilt it, that started to honk the horn when turning left due to a worn wire in the column. I knew right away what it was, and took care of that after unplugging the horn to get to where I had to go.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My '66' GT I built. My first Hot Rod magazine Cover "Summer 85". I've had it for 32 years, since I was 18. It's a trailer queen. 289 Hi-po, t-10 Toploader 4speed, 9 inch rearend.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

#27 is turn signal / hazard relay. http://bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/...itch=&hidIrno=
    My '66' GT I built. My first Hot Rod magazine Cover "Summer 85". I've had it for 32 years, since I was 18. It's a trailer queen. 289 Hi-po, t-10 Toploader 4speed, 9 inch rearend.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXI

Soo I ran into another thing before i took action to your guys advises.

I tried starting the car to move it out of the garage but the battery as weak. Car didnt start and lights were dim.

Anyone know now what is maybe running?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXI

bump!

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JDM A20_Sedan CA5 View Post
    I tried starting the car to move it out of the garage but the battery as weak. Car didnt start and lights were dim.
    My driver's side door doesn't shut very easily, so I had to take out all of my interior lights just in case I left it slightly ajar (which I have done) to prevent the battery from dying. Maybe you left a door open? Dome light on?

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

your hazard relay is located behind the fuse box. Have you had a chance to locate it and test the relay