Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning backup site is infected with a virus!!

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Warning backup site is infected with a virus!!

I hope it's not a phishing site, is 3geezbackup.com the real site? if it's not they stole the page from the backup site and posted it up. I got hit with a bunch of trojans when I tried to log on, i was trying to log on because a small orange apparently crashed. took several tries to get it all, it will also intall a rogue antivirus , in your program list. here's my log file from malware bytes anti malware . It will also change your proxy settings to prevent you from reaching the net, and anthing you try to hit such as your anti virus will be blocked, also you can't shut the program down through any normal means
    I'm sending this to our director so he knows, i just got back on the net

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
    Database version: 3568
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

1/23/2010 03:38:10 AM
    mbam-log-2010-01-23 (03-38-10).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|)
    Objects scanned: 110098
    Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 1
    Registry Values Infected: 2
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\kswjxl\lfeosysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AvScan (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run\sudtbrhe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\sudtbrhe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\kswjxl\lfeosysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Vehicle

Re: Warning backup site is infected with a virus!!

whatever the hell this was my computer is screwed i can't upload any pictures all my proxy settings are screwed now i have no idea how to fix this bullshit

Vehicle

Ok I used one zigawattz of power and a flux capacitor and went back to thursday and am back up, i don't know what they put up on the site but it screwed my computer big time

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

wat

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    wat
    I went to the back up site because a small orange was apparently down, tried to log in and got whacked big time. I wonder if those idiots who hacked it before have hacked into it again? it showed up like a fake alert but it did some serious damage, i was finally able to get everything back with a system restore from a couple of days ago. it looks like a fake alert only but normally those don't screw up your computer this badly.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 01-23-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I just took the site down. We haven't needed it in months. I'll throw something up there if necessary again.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    I just took the site down. We haven't needed it in months. I'll throw something up there if necessary again.
    i'm just glad no one else got hit, i wonder if they hacked the site then were just waiting for the site to go down and everyone else to try to log in?

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

You should really quit using Internet Explorer.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    You should really quit using Internet Explorer.
    I was in opera not IE, it did take out my IE too though

3Geez Veteran

You shouldn't be using IE, Firefox, Opera, or Safari. You should be using Chrome.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

LOL ive been EI for years. i am right now. i think im going to change LOL. i got the trojan but my anti virus progam caught it and took it out. damn Trojan

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

its not the browser its how you use it, thats why i dont let people use my computer because they are dumb and click yes to shit that says "this is required to load a page" and i know its shit so i dont click yes.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    its not the browser its how you use it, thats why i dont let people use my computer because they are dumb and click yes to shit that says "this is required to load a page" and i know its shit so i dont click yes.
    it didn't give me the option, the backup site came up, and i went to log in as usual, and then it hit me. I think I would have known if a strange message came up. it didn't hit until you logged in then your computer is already full of fake warnings and god knows what else.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    Word. I've been using IE for years and never had any single ZOMGVIRUS from it. I know people with different browsers get more virusses/junks than me.

Using Firefox now anyway/

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle

the backup site was taken down quick, good response on that, the only people I know of who would do this, would be one of those trolls that got banned, or those idiot middle eastern guys who hijacked it before. probably someone who knew the main site crashed a lot and set a trap for members heading to the backup site. Probably some jackoff looser

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX hatchback

If you don't want viruses then just use Linux. I love not having to worry about antivirus software.
    Lostforawhile:we have to pick on him he's CAH he spray painted himself into this corner with the accord.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

ive had tiny xp for ages with no anti-virus shit, and aside from hardware failure, it ran real mint compared to everyone elses computers i use (Y)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You shouldn't be using IE, Firefox, Opera, or Safari. You should be using Chrome.
    You mean Google Keylogger? Puhleeze.

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    whatever the hell this was my computer is screwed i can't upload any pictures all my proxy settings are screwed now i have no idea how to fix this bullshit
    Use Hijack This.

Pirate Bay nearly sent a scorcher up my backside a few weeks ago. I started a download when my system tray popped up a notice that I had been infected with a virus. At the same time, I kept getting pop up notices "Your computer is infected, do you want to start your virus scanner?" Then my virus protection popped up and started scanning. I thought "oh good, Norton will get it." Then I thought, "wait, this isn't Norton..." I killed everything and re-booted, but it stayed with me and knocked out my DNS settings. I reversed all the settings using Hijack This and then did a few hard drive searches to get all the crap files it had stored all over my machine.

The scary thing is that Norton had no clue that this one even existed. Google didn't seem to know much either. It's zamsdyg.exe or something and I had no one to help me with it. Even after a full Norton scan the blasted thing popped up again a few weeks later. McAfee's Free Scan finally got the last little bit of it (I hope).

The really scary thing is that it did all this without me clicking any OK buttons like a sucker. I didn't take any bait, killed every process using Task Manager and it still made a mess.

I don't even want to think what less savvy people are going through right now.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    You mean Google Keylogger? Puhleeze.

Use Hijack This.

Pirate Bay nearly sent a scorcher up my backside a few weeks ago. I started a download when my system tray popped up a notice that I had been infected with a virus. At the same time, I kept getting pop up notices "Your computer is infected, do you want to start your virus scanner?" Then my virus protection popped up and started scanning. I thought "oh good, Norton will get it." Then I thought, "wait, this isn't Norton..." I killed everything and re-booted, but it stayed with me and knocked out my DNS settings. I reversed all the settings using Hijack This and then did a few hard drive searches to get all the crap files it had stored all over my machine.

The scary thing is that Norton had no clue that this one even existed. Google didn't seem to know much either. It's zamsdyg.exe or something and I had no one to help me with it. Even after a full Norton scan the blasted thing popped up again a few weeks later. McAfee's Free Scan finally got the last little bit of it (I hope).

The really scary thing is that it did all this without me clicking any OK buttons like a sucker. I didn't take any bait, killed every process using Task Manager and it still made a mess.

Jeez...
    That sounds like a variant of what I had, I run Malwarebytes anti malware all the time in addition to my virus stuff, it's very good, thats what they usually recommended on hijack this, it can recognize a virus without needing a definition,just by what it's doing and how it's acting.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Mostly I see viruses from PDF / Adobe Reader, blog sites, and browser redirects to fake myspace, facebook or other sites.

Some of those end up installing whats called "ransom ware" and you get fake virus programs installed and it runs fake virus scans. The virus may set up hidden user accounts while crippling your user account privileges so you can't run programs, boot into safemode, etc. It also changes your internet lan connection preferences to use "Proxy server"

My XP was infected once but I have dual boot so I just used Vista to delete the accounts on XP, edited the XP boot.ini to load safemode by default, and ran Malwarebytes in vista and again in XP from safemode. It tried to infect vista but it couldn't affect my privileges so I could still open antivirus programs.

Then I purchased Malwarebytes because it wasn't subscription based BS like other software. One time fee of $25 and I got some real time protection for both my OS's on the same computer!

I also now run the free version of "Online Armor" as my firewall... just make sure you are infection free before setting up the firewall, and don't set it to automatically trust installed programs just to be safe.
    Last edited by A20A1; 04-19-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    - llia

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

lol running 7 with no protections and no viruses just run ccleaner every week to keep it running fast

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    85 SE-i / 1997 VW Golf

Then only time i use IE is to download Firefox

Vehicle

this was fixed a long time ago, that site was taken down, I believe someone hacked it, we now use the facebook three geez page as a backup as far as I know

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

Nortons sucks use AVG Pro,Works Alot Better.

Get a Mac!