Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 accord lx-i swap

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

88 accord lx-i swap

i have an 88 accord lx-i i really want to do a swap im thinking of going for an h22 swap. but not sure i need some help. hopefully some one on here can give me some guidance this is my first swap

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Re: 88 accord lx-i swap

Quote Originally Posted by resendez View Post
    i have an 88 accord lx-i i really want to do a swap im thinking of going for an h22 swap. but not sure i need some help. hopefully some one on here can give me some guidance this is my first swap
    Man, read again what you wrote there^^ we sure can tell you what you need to do this, but there was just been handfull of people who done it, and most of those done it by a professional shop.
    If its your first swap then do something simpler first, try and take your A20a3 engine out and wash it, then assemble it and put it back in.. then you'll get an first idea of whats goes in for the swap and how everything works.
    I'm not trying to burst your boble, but really.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

can we start deleting these?
    dead white and blue

3Geez Veteran

No, no: Let the kid look around for a bit, then delete. I'm actually looking into doing a B20 (or other) swap over the next summer if I can afford to get a good engine by then.

Charlie Ive got a spare b20a in my garage. i was going to save it in case i ran into any problems like robs turbo biuld. im thinking if that happens itll go away anyways. When you get ready for the swap let me know. They arent cheap but its local

3Geez Veteran

I'll go for that, Mike. I'll buy everything, obviously, but it'll have to be in the summer. I wouldn't mind a nice exhaust, too. Isn't the one on your hatch really from your coupe? Where did you get it?

Yes it is and its been hacked a few times and rewelded for test fitting purposes. Its still sound but not pretty looking anymore. if it doesnt matter to you it wont to me.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    can we start deleting these?
    I say we should...its how many of these threads we saw already.

It seems to me the search button dont get seen. Should someone blow up the letters on the search button. LOL

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

3Geez Veteran

I don't care what my exhaust looks like down the pipe, just at the end.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

i no i sound stupid but this is my first car im 16 i wanna get in the game start now thats y i posted this to get personal not general info. so i really need help. and Tomisimo thanks thats a good idea i thnk ima do that ive done an engine swap for my auto teacher in a contour but it was the same engine. i no my way around a car but never done a swap and dont really no motors yet so ive ben trying to research the best motor for my car. (88 accord lx-i 5-speed)

3Geez Veteran

Yay for young people! I just turned 17. As far as I've looked into it, swaps aren't too easy into these cars. All you must learn from this thread is: search, search, search!

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

here is an engine for you, direct swap and its rare JDM DOCH 16V engine.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71679

if you really want to swap a H22, then you have to have welding skils, as you have to weld your own mounts, then have to figure out clutch, as our cars have Cable clutch, and H22 has hydraulic clutch. You need a converter, then gear linkages need to be redone, Then you have to redoo wiring, you have to marry H22 wiring with Accords plug's. Need to figure out Axles as well, as they are different both in length and joints. Lets see if I dont miss something. Ahh, and you have to know right angles of the engine mount it self or risk wearing your expensive custom axles. alignment is crucial here, then all piping for cooling.. the list goes on and on..

I gave you a taste of how complex that is for someone that just starting understand how the car works, Not that I'm understate you here. Start with simpler stuff, and hang around, watch and learn, there is tons and tons of info floating around here and different projects as well.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

3Geez Veteran

Since when was the B20A a direct swap?

since all you need is 2 wires, a rear mount and a day to swap the engines over. Short of rebiulding or modifying the a20a engines the b20a is by far the next easiest. Charlie if your looking for a swp Ill have another set of b series mounts from zacks hatch if 2ndgenguy doesnt buy it. It wont be a bolt in application as the trans mount neads welding to the bay. Its a possibility though.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe View Post
    since all you need is 2 wires, a rear mount and a day to swap the engines over. Short of rebiulding or modifying the a20a engines the b20a is by far the next easiest. Charlie if your looking for a swp Ill have another set of b series mounts from zacks hatch if 2ndgenguy doesnt buy it. It wont be a bolt in application as the trans mount neads welding to the bay. Its a possibility though.
    yup...i still need to get my b20...its been in the shop for 3 weeks now..got the head rebuilt and doing a port and polish on it

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX

Quote Originally Posted by resendez View Post
    i no i sound stupid but this is my first car im 16 i wanna get in the game start now thats y i posted this to get personal not general info. so i really need help. and Tomisimo thanks thats a good idea i thnk ima do that ive done an engine swap for my auto teacher in a contour but it was the same engine. i no my way around a car but never done a swap and dont really no motors yet so ive ben trying to research the best motor for my car. (88 accord lx-i 5-speed)
    if you wanna "get in the game" sell the accord and get a EF or EG civic. I tried to swap a 3gee and it was too damn much. Although that was before innovative started carrying the CA accord b series (integra b series) swap mounts. If you like the accord which i did try a b series swap. I have helped people do swaps but i just LS swapped my EF hatch by myself. Its easy and straight forward but you have to have a general knowledge of cars, and how they go together. I myself am good at taking something apart and putting it back together. i can tear something down let it sit for 3 months and still remember how it all goes back together.

But like you said if you wanna get in the game get a civic unless you have a knack for making custom parts. I myself would love to see a 3gee accord hatch, with a b18c, slammed on the ground with some crazy low offset and camber. I plan on findone one and doing just this when i get back from iraq.

this would be the only swap you could pull off
    http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=18950
    88 DX hatch.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Since when was the B20A a direct swap?
    since apparently in your highschool they don't teach reading comprehension.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

since 1986 LOL.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

hmm h22 doesnt seem to be the best swap for right now the position im in. wat about the b20a. how much would one run for i found an h22 for 200 450 with head. is the b20a a good motor havent really read up on one. thanks you guise for all ur help, suggestions, and guidance i really appreciate all the help i can get.

Vehicle

sorry but an h22 for 450 is stolen or shit. you can buy b-series mounts for a b16/b18/b20 from integras and civics for 349.99 check that option out if your serious, but my advice is sell the car as this isn't one that is easy to modify. now if you want it to not run for a long time / you're a hondahead at 16 then go for it, but my guess is you're not.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

thats the thing im down i love my accord i fell in love the day i got it i dont want to sell it so your opinion on a b20a swap for an accord would be? (stat1k)

Vehicle

my opinion on the b20a is they are too hard to find and not really that much of an improvement over you a20 unless it's in bad shape.

if you do some searching on this site look for legend_master 's posts... he is one of the members who's done a real b-swap in his accord. do a lot of reading about the b-series, on here, on wikipedia, on honda-tech.com and so on, learn about the terminology, learn about the differences with everything, go practice soldering, learn how the cars wiring system works, understand that this isn't a weekend job unless you know what you're doing and have all the parts. (you'll never have all the parts because you're always missing something)

your first step shouldn't be to ask this question that's been asked a million fucking times. your first step should be what i posted above, get it done.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

stat1k constructive criticism i can take that thanks for the advice bro

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i

if no swap what should i do with my 88 accord i was thinking about total tune-up redo all gaskets and all fluids im ot sure what else to do to it doesnt feel like its reaching its potential and when i give it gas it just rvs like im holding the clutch but im not then its starts to go any suggestions?

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

do us a favor and posts pics man you got enough posts to put some pics on your thread and just stay with the a20 man and just tweek it up a bit