Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death Wobble?

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

Re: Death Wobble?

i don't know where you've been snooz but i've never been any more tolerant than i am now... maybe you ignored my posts for years
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I inhabit a strange and wonderful world, largely of my own creation. Occasionally, I leave it to walk amongst my fellow men. I read your posts and yes, I try to leave the bait where it sits. You may find your way to a better place or you may not. Either way, it probably won't have a lot to do with what I say. Meh.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I inhabit a strange and wonderful world, largely of my own creation. Occasionally, I leave it to walk amongst my fellow men. I read your posts and yes, I try to leave the bait where it sits. You may find your way to a better place or you may not. Either way, it probably won't have a lot to do with what I say. Meh.
    Beavis has his own world lol

Vehicle
    '87 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by w261w261 View Post
    Whew! You know, there's "whip 'em into shape" the Marine Corps way, and then there's the "guide them to the path of righteousness" the Father Flanigan way. I'm not partial to Father F., but I'm not sure this site needs to be like the Marines either. I say, cut the kid some slack, he's got 3 or 4 posts and maybe doesn't have much experience or knowledge about the car. He hasn't demonstrated chronic laziness or unwillingness to learn. He asked a respectful question, and I think deserves at a minimum our tentative respect. I don't think he deserves derision, and the almost instant flaming of him and between the members here drags the site into the muck. I know I'm here because I value the experience of learning more about my car and supporting others that feel the same way. I suggest that the short fuses that seem to be popping up more and more be lengthened somewhat.
    +1 qft

*passes out valium* ffs guys chill, and read his post.

Its snow that caused his curb check, hence crawling under it on the side of the road = not likely

he bought a truck that he's been driving, so he isn't "endangering your family or mine"

I presume he had to drive it home, hence he would notice said "death-wobble"

as for the OP - I'd wait till a decent day outside (unless you are blessed with a big enough garage) and jack your 3g up, and check out the 2 sides (the one that hit vs the one that didn't) and see whats different. If you are liek me, and not 420% sure what each little part is called, then once you have it up, post some pics of what's bent.

as for the half-shafts, they are quite thick, so I don't think they would be the first thing to bend. most likely one of the lower suspension bits. pics ftw

I hope you will come back and see that not all the members on here are total asshats... unfortunatly some of the most active posters have become so. It's too bad. Bring your flame shield!
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy on another forum
    Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
    I don't care if your car is fast, making it look like a dirty hookers butthole is not right.

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

Yeah, I had a car like this soon after I had a license. The car was for dirt track and went into bush many times. Mine was even less auto pilot than what you wrote but when I was doing mid speed cornering on wet, I made dramatic oversteer big spin in the middle of Tokyo and crash into a truck running just next me
    Good luck fixing it as soon as you have time to avoid extra bill like I did! The damage really depends on how fast and from what angle you poked into it. It might be just a buckled wheel, might be just lower arm but it can also be sub frame. Tragedy will be fixing bits by bits and after spending some money you realized that main frame is shot and write-off. Can be great start for new project but if you are not sure, you should ask professionals advice first and make decision after that.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d0w View Post
    I hope you will come back and see that not all the members on here are total asshats... unfortunatly some of the most active posters have become so. Bring your flame shield!
    Mostly. Not completely. Maybe in a month or so yes, I'll become absolute asshat. But since I'm cutting back on this forum, hopefully not.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

^ haha, too bad i have so much free time at work huh?
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Thread locked. Since absolutely nothing is happening here except for people getting butthurt.