Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F engine.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Re: F engine.

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    well on the brakes i meant a big brake KIT, like wilwood.

on suspension i know the 3g has the k-sport/d2 now, i'm one of the only ones to see/uninstall a set (got phil's trunk liner dirty when we were removing them from his car, he's one tidy asian) but what strut bars? justins? cus there aren't any others. like you said the strut market is shit now.

as for the engine the point is the price/ availability. you know that.

short throw shifter from the civic is the best idea for that part, but all of these aren't parts FOR the accord, they're parts adapted to fit the accord from other cars.

but really 400 for an auto trans? do you guys have pull-a-parts? usually 80 for a trans, 40 for the shifter cables, 30 for the ecu apparently they're cheap at pull a part, and what else do you need the pedal and slave cylinder w/ line? so maybe anotehr 40? it would just depend on finding the right trans obviously.

h22 from this place in VA costs 995...

http://www.jspecauto.com/ContactUs.aspx
    yeah i agree with you, just saying the 3gee isnt as bad as he was makeing it out to be

and thats for a 5 speed trans not even with lsd. trying to peice together my 5 speed swap without paying double what i paied for the car. as for junkyards we have no name places wich most overcharge. we have one place but they never get CD's in, im tempted to pull a trans from a cb there but doesnt help my on pedal assembly and like that. plus they normaly have a shit ton of miles wich means replaceing more parts dunno lol.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

montgomery, al and augusta, ga both have pull-a-parts with the prices i said... each are about 370-410 miles from you, depending on the gas mileage you get may be worth the trip? that's like what 6-7 hours ea way, would cost maybe 100 bucks in gas?

augusta has a bunch of cd accords, and montgomery has 11 in stock right now.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

there is nothing wrong with 3g accords if you know what you want, do it.

hell, getting a car for next to nothing and turning it into somthing is suposed to be fun.. if your heart is not with it and want somthing fast to build, your better off with a civic/teg.

i honestly love my 3g's, even my mom's 94 ex is "just ok" compared to my SE-i.

my 88 hb rwd > my 97 itr swapped DC2 in everything except power... therefor i'm donating the the motor from the dc2 to my 86lx 4dr

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

you should stick the a20 into the itr hahahha

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    there is nothing wrong with 3g accords if you know what you want, do it.

hell, getting a car for next to nothing and turning it into somthing is suposed to be fun.. if your heart is not with it and want somthing fast to build, your better off with a civic/teg.

i honestly love my 3g's, even my mom's 94 ex is "just ok" compared to my SE-i.

my 88 hb rwd > my 97 itr swapped DC2 in everything except power... therefor i'm donating the the motor from the dc2 to my 86lx 4dr
    troof
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

yup i chose my 3g over my civic since you dont see that many tuned 3g's

Vehicle

still waiting to see a tuned 3g out of you.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

its just a bunch of money for not that much..you really need OBD-1 if you want to do anything.
    Black/Tan 1988 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan
    "If a Japanese girl is in my passenger seat, is it JDM?"

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

im working on it stat1k lol but i start school next week so it may slow down my process

Vehicle

well i'd say ignore it but i've seen your grammar.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

well not that type of school lol im going for tune up engine performance and brakes and suspension

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by LX-i View Post
    its just a bunch of money for not that much..you really need OBD-1 if you want to do anything.
    theres a kit for that, hell look up 2d gen guy he peiced together a stand alone crank ignition setup from mostly junkyard parts, just takes a bit MORE work.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

obd1 is cheap if you do it yourself... not including a tunable ecu..

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    theres a kit for that, hell look up 2d gen guy he peiced together a stand alone crank ignition setup from mostly junkyard parts, just takes a bit MORE work.
    wasnt under the impression that was obd1... thought that was just a standalone megajolt setup...

obd1 doesn't have to do with crank fired anything, obd1 just means it's on board diagnostics 1... as in an obd1 ecu, distributor...

converting to obd1 when you swap would be cake. with the A it's more involved. but cygnus and lx-incredible have made that a bolt on affair as well.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Yep MegaJolt won't do anything for you except give you an excellent way to fine tune your ignition timing without the use of a distributor. It won't do anything for fuel mapping.

As far as I can tell, the only advantage to OBD-1 vs the "OBD-0" in the 3gee is the wider support for being able to reprogram the fuel map and ignition advance using more off the shelf stuff. I was under the impression that the stock 3g Accord ECU has been tweaked / is tweakable, but there just aren't as many people doing it, and it's a bit more archaic way to do it. Plus if you're going to add boost, it doesn't support as much boost as some people want to run (limited MAP sensor?)... Anyways, I may be way off, as I've only picked up on some of this stuff while reading around a bit...

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

obd1 > obd0 vacuum advanced timing...

Vehicle

Oh ok. OBD-1 FTW!

Vehicle

Yeah i was gonna say OBD0 Vac Advance timing is ridiculous. I don't know why honda kept that system when they had the Electronic advance in the 88-89 Integras and all of the 88-89 Civics. It's like the Accord was left out of the good shit (obviously you all still struggle with this).

But OBD0 Computers CAN be tuned, many people use the PM6 and tune it, the whole problem is that there isn't an obd0 distributor to fit the accord that isn't vac advance, and if you're going to go through the hassle of redoing a system you may as well just do the OBD1 rather since it has the highest tunability.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle

Do the OBDI distributors still have a centrifugal advance? Or is it 100% computer controlled?

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

controlled electronically on obdI=II and some obd0, if you look at the rotor it has a large contact that passes the points... within that window the ecu fires the ignitor.. so your limited to how much you can change timing before you need to manually roll the dizzy.. its basically for minor timing adjustments based on temp/air.

vtec motors with knock sensors check for ping based on a frequencey that generates a certain voltage... the ecu then takes this reading and decides to advance or retard timing according realtime, its job is to get it as close to detonation as possible without blowing up... thus giving you the best performance possible for that motor...

as far as "i know" never really read into this but.. the knock sensor on vtec engines also are NOT monitored until vtec has been engaged.. altho your timing will still change to smoothen idle.

cars without knock are preset mapped to advance or retard based on throttle postion, engine rpm, load, speed.. ie: if you floor it going up a steep hill in like 4th-5th.. you would get ping if your timing was to advanced under that kind of load... so what the ecu does is it calculates where the timing should be and retards it so it doesnt..
    Last edited by Vector; 02-05-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

what OBD-1 ECU do you use for the accord? im starting to get into this ECU talk...its kind of difficult because i dont know much, but i guess this is how you learn, read and ask lol but yeah my buddy just traded his 96' Civic EX for a 91 Hatch with a built z6. he raced the hatch in his bolt on EX with a Y8 and the z6 had a P06 ECU so it had no vtec and the hatch still beat him. so he traded the guy lol he just bought a p28 so he will have vtec in it. its pretty clean for an EF.

but yeah idk all this electronic computer talk has me off. strange seeing as im usually the computer buff lol anyway back to my main question, which ECU do we use for an OBD-1 3GEE?
    Black/Tan 1988 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan
    "If a Japanese girl is in my passenger seat, is it JDM?"

Vehicle

obd1 pr4 is what lx-incredible is using, but any obd1 computer with a custom tune would be a better choice.

most obd1 computers can be chipped, p06 is the most common since it's so cheap, and since the accord has no vtec it would be the computer to use. i usually sell them for 40-50 when i have one and to get someone to chip and tune you're looking at a whole mess of pricing.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    '89 Accord 2.0i-16 | '89 Accord 1.6 STD | '84 Opel Ascona

Yeah i was gonna say OBD0 Vac Advance timing is ridiculous. I don't know why honda kept that system when they had the Electronic advance in the 88-89 Integras and all of the 88-89 Civics. It's like the Accord was left out of the good shit (obviously you all still struggle with this).

But OBD0 Computers CAN be tuned, many people use the PM6 and tune it, the whole problem is that there isn't an obd0 distributor to fit the accord that isn't vac advance, and if you're going to go through the hassle of redoing a system you may as well just do the OBD1 rather since it has the highest tunability.
    They had electronic advance already in the 2g JDM B20A Preludes (and 3g Accords too). So from '84 forward? But for some reason the rest of the world only got the vacuum advance.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

i dont even know what ecu i'm runing, its obd1 out of a 95 accord. pg6... poa... cant remember. it came with the motor i'm running. so it worked as expected.