Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F engine.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

F engine.

i was looking around for used engines...i seen an F22B, makes like 140hp....how hard would it be to swap this in? looks like a decent motor. has vtec, cam in newer accords..im sure you all know this.
    Black/Tan 1988 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan
    "If a Japanese girl is in my passenger seat, is it JDM?"

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: F engine.

not too hard if you can fabricate stuff

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

you ask the wrong question bud and i already brought this up in a thread with a list of F series engines with all the info in it just look for it

and the engine you are looking at is the 1992-93 accord ex making 140hp stock and i dont think this engine would be a good swap....no offense and if you want a swap try the F20b giving 197hp and this wont bolt on just cause its a 2.0 liter lol you will need money and alot of fabrication to do this

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Shyboy88Lx-i View Post
    you ask the wrong question bud and i already brought this up in a thread with a list of F series engines with all the info in it just look for it

and the engine you are looking at is the 1992-93 accord ex making 140hp stock and i dont think this engine would be a good swap....no offense and if you want a swap try the F20b giving 197hp and this wont bolt on just cause its a 2.0 liter lol you will need money and alot of fabrication to do this
    i understand that...but i was just seeing...because i found an f22b vtec for $290.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

If you are gonna go through the trouble of trying to fit an F22B, than you might as well put the H22 in, they are similar fitting motors for the most part, but the H22 has closer to 200hp, and upgrades can get alot more, but not for cheap.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

well i wouldn't count out a single cam f-motor since bisi uses them.

but seriously, can we ask more questions like this in a month span, i guess it's february and the quota begins now.

i'm going to exit this thread and go bash my face into my desk, gl with your swap.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    well i wouldn't count out a single cam f-motor since bisi uses them.

but seriously, can we ask more questions like this in a month span, i guess it's february and the quota begins now.

i'm going to exit this thread and go bash my face into my desk, gl with your swap.
    yeah i was reading the bisi car....nice f-ing car

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

ok so ive heard that the h series mounts will fit an f series. i know someone that is going to drop an H22 into a prelude, im not sure if its a 2nd gen or 3rd gen...but if i got copies of his mounts could i use them to swap in the F22B? and no why would i go for an H22? money is a huge factor...lets see, F22B and Tranny = under 700 bucks H22 and tranny on the same site = over 2,350.

the reason im asking about this motor, it makes decent power ~140hp, its vtec, its an accord motor, better aftermarket support than an A20, way less miles. it just seemed reasonable for a DD swap, better power, not too expensive. just seemed reasonable...
    thanks for the answers guys. why are these F motors so cheap? there must be some big thing that goes wrong in them or something....

Vehicle

umm... he's probably putting the h22 into neither of those, and if it has to be one of those it's a 3rd gen, and no copies of neither would be helpful...

have ou seen the threads about the h-swaps? same amount of work would go for the f-swap... if you want to do it i suggest first step is to change your avatar.
    dead white and blue

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

F22's are great engines...the reason there cheap is the same reason all other sohc honda engines are cheap, people rip them out to go dohc because its the trendy thing to do.

but like stat1k said, same amount of work to install a H22 so go read those threads, and for the record i don't see this happening

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

There is only one F22 on this board, and its RWD.

hint^^

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

i Agree with CAH on this its a 90% chance this wont happen anytime soon when he sees how much money where talking and time and fabrication...

just slap on a b20 and make it vtec lol theres a thread on how to make a b20vtec which i thought sounds pretty cool for the b series hmmm...............

i wonder if we can make a a20vtec??? since they came up on how to build a b20vtec....
    Last edited by ShyBoyCA6; 02-03-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Shyboy88Lx-i View Post

i wonder if we can make a a20vtec??? since they came up on how to build a b20vtec....
    Believe it or not, there's a 40+ page around here on exactly that. It didn't end well.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Believe it or not, there's a 40+ page around here on exactly that. It didn't end well.

oh what?? hmm i should read up on that thread

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
    There is only one F22 on this board, and its RWD.

hint^^
    and i used it because it was the only moter i had that ran!!..

now im bored so i'm going to write a bunch of junk...

either way your looking at an assload amount of work. our engine bays by default dont support the transmission side of any motor(se-i's/exi's got this flimsy ass rubber band), and the driverside mount will cause the motor to sit to far over to the passengerside which WILL intern bite you in the ass later with axles uneven lengths. and this is if you even managed to get it in there without molesting the driverside enginebay...

you would have to cut the existing engine mount off the drivrs side and relocated it so the motor sits proper. not only that, but now you have to fab up mounts for the back/front/transmission side.... not to mention now you have to convert to hydro clutch, another story..

trust me.. i know.. i've done this all for a b18a1... just so i could drive the car for a whole 3 months... then convert it mr style using the f22b2/cb/cd parts i had. never have looked back and have never been happier with the car since lol..

the f22 isnt worth that amount of work... f22* dohc, h22* series are kinda worthy... if you dont have experience, time... dont bother. if you have money out the wazoo... then go for it.. in the end is what you want from the car that makes you happy..

if this makes any sense.

Vehicle

^ straight from the horses mouth.

i lol'd at the a20vtec suggestion, this place kills me.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

i get it...basically this accord i own is a waste of time as far as honda tuning would go....guess i just might buy this clean '94 accord for $1200. why out of all the hondas did i get stuck with a 3gee. dang.

and why change my mugen avatar? mugen is the shit

Vehicle

lol, do you have anything mugen? ...

the 3g isn't a bad car, you just need to know what you're doing, the 94 accord isn't going to be much better for you, at least you could h-swap it by just buying a longblock and swapping the ecu.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

its for sure better in the sense that it has WAY more aftermarket availability...oh and its vtec. huge improvement if you ask me lol

edit: and no, no mugen goodies on my accord, but really, there isnt a lot to be had for this accord. ill save all my mugen stuff for when i buy a car that actually has a lot of mugen parts available. just because i dont have any mugen parts doesnt mean i cant like mugen. its a cool company that makes awesome stuff for awesome cars. whats not to like.
    Last edited by LX-i; 02-04-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

as an owner of a 5th gen accord i can say yes the engine is more powerfull, but the car weighs more aswell. so in power to weight ratio world your really not inproveing anything.

not to mention the only thing the 5th gen has over the 3g is its able to swap H22's in with minimal work (when i say that i mean you still have to hunt parts and pay overpriced amounts for used/abused parts)

i would like you to name 3 parts that are not available to the 3g that the 5th has

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    as an owner of a 5th gen accord i can say yes the engine is more powerfull, but the car weighs more aswell. so in power to weight ratio world your really not inproveing anything.

not to mention the only thing the 5th gen has over the 3g is its able to swap H22's in with minimal work (when i say that i mean you still have to hunt parts and pay overpriced amounts for used/abused parts)

i would like you to name 3 parts that are not available to the 3g that the 5th has

you can buy an H longblock for close to nothing here in NC, there's a warehouse in charlotte that sells them for like 900 picked up.

as for the other parts you can reuse the trans and all as i'm sure you're aware, so i don't see the difficulty in that swap. seems pretty straight forward.

but this is one thing the 5th gen has over the 3g, http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...s-cd/cdk1.html

i know a guy in az that had a K in his CD, it was pretty sick.

but other than that, yeah, coilovers, brakes, strut bars... lol... so much more support.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    you can buy an H longblock for close to nothing here in NC, there's a warehouse in charlotte that sells them for like 900 picked up.

as for the other parts you can reuse the trans and all as i'm sure you're aware, so i don't see the difficulty in that swap. seems pretty straight forward.

but this is one thing the 5th gen has over the 3g, http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...s-cd/cdk1.html

i know a guy in az that had a K in his CD, it was pretty sick.

but other than that, yeah, coilovers, brakes, strut bars... lol... so much more support.
    lol i know theres more suport i was trying to see if THIS guy could name it, it seems he really just wants to say he has vtacks lol. and 900 for the long block is a damn good deal, wish i could find something like that down here. hell im haveing a hard time priceing a 5 speed trans for an F for under 400 if it under 400 its normaly been beat to hell or you get the guy saying "dont know its condition"

3gee still has most of the parts you listed though,

brakes: alot of stock sized upgrade pads and brembo rotors, legend caliper upgrade can be done for about the same as the CD can, se-i rear disks, SS brake lines

suspention: sway bars, tons of springs, will say the strut market is crap for it though but you have ksport and D2 now for full bodys for a good price, also have polly bushings for alot of the car

motor parts: limited suply of headers, exhausts are cheeper normaly to get custom, B intake manys fit with minimal mods, cam shafts from over 5 diffrent companys, adj cam gears, dimond pistons, ARP headstuds, obd1 swap kits. list goes on

parts that a hard to find/will not find anymore are
    short throw shifters (unless you find a civic one)
    turbo manys
    upgrade axles (used ot be a place but i think they closed shop)
    choice of engine swap besides B without doing custom work

now rage at my spelling XD

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

lol @ "its better cause it has vtaks" fucking ricers...

and i'm not even going to get in to the whole mugen badge thing as i don't have that much time.

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

well on the brakes i meant a big brake KIT, like wilwood.

on suspension i know the 3g has the k-sport/d2 now, i'm one of the only ones to see/uninstall a set (got phil's trunk liner dirty when we were removing them from his car, he's one tidy asian) but what strut bars? justins? cus there aren't any others. like you said the strut market is shit now.

as for the engine the point is the price/ availability. you know that.

short throw shifter from the civic is the best idea for that part, but all of these aren't parts FOR the accord, they're parts adapted to fit the accord from other cars.

but really 400 for an auto trans? do you guys have pull-a-parts? usually 80 for a trans, 40 for the shifter cables, 30 for the ecu apparently they're cheap at pull a part, and what else do you need the pedal and slave cylinder w/ line? so maybe anotehr 40? it would just depend on finding the right trans obviously.

h22 from this place in VA costs 995...

http://www.jspecauto.com/ContactUs.aspx
    dead white and blue